August 2012 Moms

Update

Dave went to work at 6:45 this morning, as usual and when he got there the superintendent came to his office and told him that he spoke with the board president yesterday and that they will set up a meeting on Monday or Tuesday. He told him that his options were to resign or that the board would not be renewing his contract. We are crushed. We don't understand. If you could continue to pray for our family we would appreciate it. My husband took a personal day for today and came home. He has never been "fired." and this is such a shock for us. He is so beat down. I am rambling, but again, your prayers and good thoughts are appreciated.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Update

• I'm so sorry. It sucks to be in that position.

Hopefully you get some answers as to what exactly happened.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Im so, so, so sorry :( That breaks me=y heart. I am so sad for you and your poor husband. That makes no sense at all. I'm so sorry :( I'll be thinking of you all and praying for something GOOD to strike you in the near future.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • CRey13CRey13 member
    That is crazy and makes no sense.

Sending you all positive vibes and prayers.
    Lilypie Premature Baby tickers

• Jnmac83Jnmac83 member
    Sad This makes me so sad, Crossing. I'm so sorry your DH and family are going through this right now. I'm sure it feels like a crushing blow now, but I hope something great comes from this and it ends up being a blessing in disguise for you guys. I'm so sorry.
  • I am so sorry you and your family have to go through this. Hopefully this means that something better is coming his way.

• I am so sorry this is happening to your family.  I'll pray for a miracle.  
  • I am so sorry. I can't believe that the superintendent is allowing this to happen. If your DH has been doing his job, there is no reason for this. Could the union provide support for your DH? Strong leaders who click with a teaching staff are hard to find. Hugs and prayers your way!

• It sounds to me like someone has a personal friend they want in that position or something. I mean, this is just too out of nowhere. I'm positive that it has nothing to do with your H, but more to do with someone owing someone a favor, promise, whatever.

I'm so sorry. I know you guys must be stressed, but know that nothing happens without a reason. He will find another amazing job, where he is appreciated much more than this. I mean, if this is the way these people are going to treat him, he shouldn't want to work for them anyways.

He can and will be just fine. All of you will.

T&P and huge, huge hugs.

A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
    SCANDAL!

• imageLiliDragon:
    I am feeling so so sad and angry for you guys right now. Does he have recourse? Any other options to appeal this decision? Surely it can't be final... Is this a private school, CF? I am confused as to how your H can be "let go" so easily without any warning.

It is not. However, Principals hired at a new district are probationary for their first two years. I advised my husband to call an SAI lawyer since he never had an evaluation and when I told him that he said the the supt told him this morning that his evaluation would be on Monday. I still think he should call and try. If he's been told this BEFORE the evaluation I don't see how that can hold up. I also suggested that he set up a meeting with each board member before the meeting and have a group of supporting staff with him during each one. He did send out his resume to another hiring district last night, and I guess we will keep on trying.

• CF I am so so sorry to hear this. It is absolutely crushing that someone who cares much is considered expendable. I am praying that things work out for your family in a positive light.
    imageimage
  • SJandVASJandVA member
    Oh my goodness!! Im so sorry to hear that. I was sure it would be resolved in a positive way. I agree with BBJ that someone got him fired, something fishy is going on for sure. It sounds like your husband is an amazing principal!
    Prayers to your family. Hopefully he can find somewhere better that appreciates him more.
    victoria5month samantha5
  • imageLiliDragon:
    I am feeling so so sad and angry for you guys right now. Does he have recourse? Any other options to appeal this decision? Surely it can't be final...

Is this a private school, CF? I am confused as to how your H can be "let go" so easily without any warning.

This. Thoughts and prayers to you guys. It all sounds so suspicious to me. My heart hurts for you all. Hugs.

photo happy4th_zps32a39228.jpg

• I'm so sorry you're going through this, good thoughts going your way!

• I've worked in schools with great school boards and others with miserable school boards......

but it sounds like the one your DH works with is awful!!!! I am so sorry that you are all going through this.  Crossing fingers for some good luck with another district!!!

734609_517665664943929_192232217_n Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm seriously in complete shock at this entire thing.  Its just dirty.  Its not right.  I'm so sorry...  I hope and pray that he finds something quick and that he doesn't let this get him down!!!!  (((HUGS)))

Mom of 2 monkeys and 1 on the way!
           Christian12/06, Liam 08/12, Monkey #3 10/10 

• I am livid for you guys. I hate sh!tty people in power. Get a lawyer, the eval after being canned is total BS. I know he probably just wants to get away from this nightmare right now, but something shady is going down and they need to be held accountable.

AUGUST 2012 UNICORN

BabyFruit Ticker
  • megmb24megmb24 member
    I am so sorry. You are in my thoughts. That is just horrible.
  • The politics of school boards really bother me. I am so sorry your husband is going through this. That is just awful.
  • I'm so sorry.  Continued prayers.

DH and I married 8 years. Mom of three, stepmom of one.

• imageLiliDragon:
    imageCrossingfingers:

imageLiliDragon:
    I am feeling so so sad and angry for you guys right now. Does he have recourse? Any other options to appeal this decision? Surely it can't be final...

Is this a private school, CF? I am confused as to how your H can be "let go" so easily without any warning.

It is not. However, Principals hired at a new district are probationary for their first two years. I advised my husband to call an SAI lawyer since he never had an evaluation and when I told him that he said the the supt told him this morning that his evaluation would be on Monday. I still think he should call and try. If he's been told this BEFORE the evaluation I don't see how that can hold up. I also suggested that he set up a meeting with each board member before the meeting and have a group of supporting staff with him during each one. He did send out his resume to another hiring district last night, and I guess we will keep on trying.

Oh yeah. They are playing games here. You don't effin give someone an evaluation AFTER informing them they are being let go!! Call that lawyer! Does he have an administrator's association?? It's almost like the teacher's union here, but it's not nominally a union. Like for collective bargaining, etc. I agree with BBJ that some shady shiz is going down here! Someone has to be on your H's team...

I agree no harm in seeing what a lawyer has to say!
  • I am so sorry! I was really hoping things would work out for your DH. Sending lots of positive vibes your way.
  • Also, I think if he told them he had contacted a lawyer, they would all of a sudden change their minds. No one, especially not a school board, wants to deal with a lawyer.

I'd definitely call one, just to see what they say. They'll let you know flat out over the phone if you have a case or not and let you know where your H stands. Your H should definitely pursue this if it's a legitimate case. He may not want to, but you guys have 4 small kids and I'm guessing there isn't a money tree growing in your front yard...

I'm so pissed for you.

A12 Sig Challenge - Favorite Fall Show!
    SCANDAL!

• I'm so sorry to heard that. I can't think of anything else to say that others haven't already said but I will be also thinking about you and your H today and sending positive vibes.
  • I am so, so sorry to hear this. I hope something better comes along for him, it sounds like he is great at his job and this board is just crazy. I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts!
  • I am so upset and MAD to read this. I can't imagine. You, your husband, and all your kids are in my thoughts. I'm so sorry....so sorry.
    WEBONLY_NOPRINT_DSC_1509-2-2236294072-O
    DS #1 Born: 10/03/06, DS #2 Born: 08/06/12 My Cooking Blog
  • I read your post to my husband- we are both in the education field- he felt it was because you had said they offered him another school a few weeks earlier, did he decline that? That may be it. I'm so sorry but he sounds like a great guy he will find something!!
  • lyo4785lyo4785 member
    I just don't understand so I can't imagine how you guys feel. I am so heartbroken for you. I'm so sorry. Prayers for you guys.
  • Oh my gosh! This whole situation seems so messed up. I'm so sorry you guys have to go with this. I'm hoping that new better opportunities come your way soon!!!
  • I'm so sorry. The stress and emotions you all must be going through is unimaginable. Praying for guidance to your family.
  • Wow, I am so sorry. I really feel angry for you because it doesn't seem like there is any justification for this to be happening to him. I have A LOT of teacher friends and they all constantly complain about bureaucratic it is. Praying for you guys!!

Proud Mama to cleft cutie <3
  • Thank you for all the support ladies. We do have options, but this is just so crushing to us. If he is unable to find a job in administration this year, he can substitute teach or even apply for history/english teaching jobs. There are two high school language arts jobs within 12 miles of our house. Also, since his dad passed last year, we have 800 acres being farmed by a cousin of his. He is even considering farming himself now. He is so tired of the political agendas and obstacles that are thrown his way in the job he has/had right now. He left here about an hour ago to drive down to the farm with his brother. 
  • acire86acire86 member
    Ugh crossing fingers that sucks. Ill keep your family in my thoughts. Hope things start looking up.
    march siggy: Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm so...so sorry.
    image"Lilypie">imageimage

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • What a nightmare!  You must be so stressed, I am so sorry!   Keep your chin up my friend.  Big hugs.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"