Toddlers: 24 Months+
Options

Sleeping out and beds

I am planning to stay at my moms house with my newly 2 year old who is still in a crib. I am not sure where I will put him for naps and sleeping. I was going to order the extra tall bed rails by one step ahead, but they no longer carry them! Ugh so what do you recommend? She has a day bed and then a queen high poster bed. I'm not sure hell stay put but thought he rails and day bed would be good bc it's like a crib in some ways with sides around.... I guess I will be getting zero sleep. Where's does your child sleep when out like that? Pack n play too small too.. 

Re: Sleeping out and beds

• Options
    We use a peapod (but I think they have been recalled?) with our 2 year old...  he's still in a crib and so he happily sleeps zipped up in the tent.  Our 3 year old, who went directly from a crib to a bed with no rails at 2), sleeps on a regalo cot when we travel.  It's super easy to take with you....  she's normally in a full size bed and hasn't fallen off of the cot yet!  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options

You can buy basically the same bedrails that I believe you were referring to on amazon.  We have these on my son's bed and they work great.

https://www.amazon.com/Regalo-Hide-Away-Extra-White/dp/B000H1IYXW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1368123353&sr=8-1&keywords=extra+long+bed+rail

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Oh ok that's great! Can you travel with it once it's put together? I see it goes under matress... Just wondering if its easy to move to different beds
  • Options
    When we go visit grandma, I let my LO skip naps, because she is usually out playing on their ranch, otherwise I am not sure where I would put her to nap. During the night, she sleeps on a futon, and she doesn't roll off. Well, she did once, and I am pretty sure that taught her. I would just put her to bed completely exhausted, to avoid her coming out a million times. She still knows that when she is a grandma's, she gets a later bedtime as a treat.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image  image
  • Options
    Do your parents have an extra mattress you could put on the floor? That is where dd slept over the holidays when we traveled and she was 2.5. It can be a twin mattress or a crib mattress. And if she falls off she won't go far :
  • Options

We just moved DD (also just turned 2) out of her crib this week to a full size bed and she loves it - at least I think she does since she's STTN all week, which hasn't happened in weeks.  We put magic bumpers (https://www.magicbumpers.com) along the sides and no problems at all.  These bumpers are great - they totally stay in place, you can move them around depending on where you need them, they give a cozy feeling and they are very light and portable - if we ever have to sleep out, they will be perfect to take with us. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I've read that you can put a rolled up blanket or towel under the sheet to act as a bedrail.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"