Toddlers: 24 Months+

Sleeping out and beds

I am planning to stay at my moms house with my newly 2 year old who is still in a crib. I am not sure where I will put him for naps and sleeping. I was going to order the extra tall bed rails by one step ahead, but they no longer carry them! Ugh so what do you recommend? She has a day bed and then a queen high poster bed. I'm not sure hell stay put but thought he rails and day bed would be good bc it's like a crib in some ways with sides around.... I guess I will be getting zero sleep. Where's does your child sleep when out like that? Pack n play too small too.. 

Re: Sleeping out and beds

• We use a peapod (but I think they have been recalled?) with our 2 year old...  he's still in a crib and so he happily sleeps zipped up in the tent.  Our 3 year old, who went directly from a crib to a bed with no rails at 2), sleeps on a regalo cot when we travel.  It's super easy to take with you....  she's normally in a full size bed and hasn't fallen off of the cot yet!  
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • You can buy basically the same bedrails that I believe you were referring to on amazon.  We have these on my son's bed and they work great.

https://www.amazon.com/Regalo-Hide-Away-Extra-White/dp/B000H1IYXW/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1368123353&sr=8-1&keywords=extra+long+bed+rail

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • Oh ok that's great! Can you travel with it once it's put together? I see it goes under matress... Just wondering if its easy to move to different beds
  • When we go visit grandma, I let my LO skip naps, because she is usually out playing on their ranch, otherwise I am not sure where I would put her to nap. During the night, she sleeps on a futon, and she doesn't roll off. Well, she did once, and I am pretty sure that taught her. I would just put her to bed completely exhausted, to avoid her coming out a million times. She still knows that when she is a grandma's, she gets a later bedtime as a treat.
    Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    image  image
  • Do your parents have an extra mattress you could put on the floor? That is where dd slept over the holidays when we traveled and she was 2.5. It can be a twin mattress or a crib mattress. And if she falls off she won't go far :
  • We just moved DD (also just turned 2) out of her crib this week to a full size bed and she loves it - at least I think she does since she's STTN all week, which hasn't happened in weeks.  We put magic bumpers (https://www.magicbumpers.com) along the sides and no problems at all.  These bumpers are great - they totally stay in place, you can move them around depending on where you need them, they give a cozy feeling and they are very light and portable - if we ever have to sleep out, they will be perfect to take with us. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I've read that you can put a rolled up blanket or towel under the sheet to act as a bedrail.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"