October 2012 Moms
Options

Photography Mommas

I know that there is a "photography board" but frankly, other boards scare me haha.  I am looking into getting a nice camera (better than a point and shoot).  I am liking the Canon Rebel series but I have no idea which one is better for a beginner.  I would like to spend no more than 500.00 and I know for sure I want to have a pretty fast shutter speed so I can just click click click away and it still be in focus. Please send some recommendations my way if you have any.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Photography Mommas

• Options
    I'm a nikon girl so no body recs but skip the kit lens and get a 50mm. No one posts on the photo board anymore. Boo.
    Birthday

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Options
    ellcoreellcore member
    Canon girl here! The rebel line is VERY nice. It's lightweight and very easy to use. 
    PhotobucketPhotobucket
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
    I made rachelmichelle1 my bitch.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageellcore:
    Canon girl here! The rebel line is VERY nice. It's lightweight and very easy to use.nbsp;

Ell which one do you like?
  • Options

I've had the Rebel for gosh at least 5 years now and love it. The best part for me is that auto mode works great, which lets just about anyone pick up the camera and use it if need be. I don't have a lot of lenses, just the kit and a cheapo 50mm, but I typically am only taking candid shots with it, so those lenses suit my needs fine. 

• Options
    imagePixelPosy:
    I've had the Rebel for gosh at least 5 years now and love it. The best part for me is that auto mode works great, which lets just about anyone pick up the camera and use it if need be. I don't have a lot of lenses, just the kit and anbsp;cheaponbsp;50mm, but I typically am only taking candid shots with it, so those lenses suit my needs fine.nbsp;

Which rebel do you have?
  • Options
    Mine is quite old, but still works great, Rebel XT. If I were to buy a new one today, I'd pick T3i only because my husband would appreciate the better video. My old Rebel does not have a video option.
  • Options

I am in the same situation as you.  I bought a T3 a week or so ago.  I am really liking it.  I've only taken a few shots, but it seems to be exactly what I wanted.  I bought it from amazon with the kit.  I'll buy the 110$ 50mm when I am better at picture taking.

ETA  - my siggy pic was taken after reading the first few pages of the manual and the first night of trying it out.  It took me 10 pictures to get that.  Super easy to learn so far.  I'm so excited!  Good luck! 

ME: 31 PCOS - DH: 32 Perfect. 
    TTC #1 started 8.2010. 
    BFP #1 3.2.11Blighted ovum, missed m/c, 4.3.11-6.22.11 Provera

BFP #2 Aug 2011 Clomid 50mg+Met missed m/c found 9w5d | cytotec 10.26.11 
    BFP #3 - CD36 - Jan. 2012 - 100mg Clomid + 2000met-  Baby Boy born 10.06.12 with 1 in a billion CHD. Perfect otherwise. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Open Heart Surgery @ 5 months old.Happy, healthy, and as normal as could be!  We thank God every day.EP/BF for 12.5 months

TTC#2 - November 2012

BFP #4:  O'd on CD25 (Aug. 2014).  DD May 6, 2015. RCS planned.
    Beta@14dpo: 184, 17dpo: 520.  44 hr. doubling time.  p4: 54U/S 8 weeks 1 day, 161 bpm
  • Options
    ellcoreellcore member

imagecandaceleigh21:
    imageellcore:
    Canon girl here! The rebel line is VERY nice. It's lightweight and very easy to use.nbsp;
    Ell which one do you like?

I use a 50D which is super heavy, but my next buy is the Rebel T3. The T3i is basically the same but shoots video. I have no need for video on a big camera like that. It's perfect for my little hands and not clunky like the D series. I can easily shoot hundreds of photos and not worry if my hand is going to fall off.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
  • Options
    AMT1107AMT1107 member

We have the Canon Rebel XSi and love it... we have 2 lenses for it but tend to use the 18 - 55 lens most of the time.  It has a sports mode on it so you can shoot multiple pics within seconds (great for a toddler on the run)

I think Sams Club has the two lenses, a case and something else for around $700 (more than you wanted to spend) but we paid much more than that for the camera, extra lens and case. 

Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Canon has rebates a lot, the Rebel has up to a $200 one right now... https://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer?pageKeyCode=53
  • Options

imagePixelPosy:
    Canon has rebates a lot, the Rebel has up to a $200 one right now... https://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/consumer?pageKeyCode=53

If I'm reading those correctly - amazon is still cheaper. 

ME: 31 PCOS - DH: 32 Perfect. 
    TTC #1 started 8.2010. 
    BFP #1 3.2.11Blighted ovum, missed m/c, 4.3.11-6.22.11 Provera

BFP #2 Aug 2011 Clomid 50mg+Met missed m/c found 9w5d | cytotec 10.26.11 
    BFP #3 - CD36 - Jan. 2012 - 100mg Clomid + 2000met-  Baby Boy born 10.06.12 with 1 in a billion CHD. Perfect otherwise. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Open Heart Surgery @ 5 months old.Happy, healthy, and as normal as could be!  We thank God every day.EP/BF for 12.5 months

TTC#2 - November 2012

BFP #4:  O'd on CD25 (Aug. 2014).  DD May 6, 2015. RCS planned.
    Beta@14dpo: 184, 17dpo: 520.  44 hr. doubling time.  p4: 54U/S 8 weeks 1 day, 161 bpm
  • Options
    ellcoreellcore member

imagecandaceleigh21:

Perfect! That's everything I would have told you to get.

PhotobucketPhotobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"