May 2013 Moms
Options

Exercise Ball

Has anyone had any success, or know anyone who has, with using an exercise ball to get labor going?? Thanks!

Re: Exercise Ball

• Options
    I've been using this for one week. It's supposed to help the baby engage or drop. But still not sure if its worked.

• Options
    Bouncing and doing hip circles on an exercise ball can help open your hips and get baby lower.  It probably won't put you into labor, but it could potentially help things progress.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    Thanks ladies! She is really low already but the back pain relief sounds amazing and if anything else happens, bonus!!
  • Options
    From my understanding it somehow puts you in labor. I never actually asked my ob or researched. But I did try it with DD and I didn't go into labor because of it.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    pnutgpnutg member
    Ive been bouncing non stop for 2 days. We'll see!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    imagesunnidanielle:
    Thanks ladies! She is really low already but the back pain relief sounds amazing and if anything else happens, bonus!!

Thanks for this post OP I should use mine. My baby is dropped but for back ache relief I am in!
  • Options
    Not sure if it is a weird coincidence or not but after bouncing and rocking for a little over an hour earlier this evening i have since started cramping and lost my mucus plug (sorry for the tmi) I guess we will see if it continues or stalls out!
  • Options
    Been using it for 3 days.. It's great for pressure when baby is trying to drop ..but it doesn't rush labor..
  • Options

It seemed to bring on contractions for me, but who knows if it was just "time" anyways.

Once the contractions started when they would space out farther I would get back on the ball and they would start coming more frequent.

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BabyFetus Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"