December 2012 Moms

He finally did it! DH edition

My husband, for the FIRST time in LO's 5-month life, took him out of the house, in the car, BY HIMSELF.  I've been taking out LO on my own since he was a week old (cabin fever!), but my husband has never taken him out on his own.  For the first time in 5 months, I was in the house, for two hours, ALONE.  It was amazing. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: He finally did it! DH edition

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • My SO has never done this either. I just figured out what I want for Mother's Day. An hour or 2 in the house,all by myself!

imageimage

• Loading the player...
  • imageamberdb72:
    My SO has never done this either. I just figured out what I want for Mother's Day. An hour or 2 in the house,all by myself!

Haha!  Agreed. 

• It took serious prodding on my part over the course of 3 months, but he finally did it.

Now I know it's possible to get that Mother's Day gift he asked me about: a day ALONE. 

• SO picks LO up from daycare some days, but he's never taken her out to the store or anything. I'd love some time home alone though...

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

imageimage

• My DH has never done this either and I have only done once.  It was when LO had an emergency while DH was at work.  I had to drive on my own with my lo and dh met us at the clinic.  I know how you feel.  For 2 hours alone in daytime, it's really a blest.  I will watch back all the programs from my DVR which I do every night.Enjoy!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DH hasn't done this, but I can't see a reason for him taking her, either. If he's home, then I'm home. If only one of us needs to go, the other one stays with the LO so the errand gets done quicker.
    2/12: 100 mg Clomid + Bravelle last minute+ back to back IUI. BFN
    3/12 150mg Clomid + B2B IUI =BFP!! TWINS!
    Vanishing twin at week 6
    Tater-tot born January 3rd 2013

2 IUI's in 2016- BFN
    3 IUI's in 2017- BFN
    8/17 IUI BFP!!!!!!!!
  • Wow!  I'm so surprised at how many SOs/DHs haven't taken out LO.  I thought I was I my own on this one!  My DH and I both work from home, and LO stays at home with us, so we're together all. the. time.  Breaks from the both of them together are few and far between, and always desperately needed.
  • Nice, my dh took lo to Gymboree today by himself and spent most of the day with her. It was nice to not have to worry about the baby all day. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

BabyFetus Ticker
  • DH has taken her to the store if Im trying to get something done and he needs to go out. He also took her for a drive last week when she wouldn't take a nap. LO doesn't take bottles, so she's never away from me for long, but I love those little moments to myself.
  • DH takes DS out alone more than I do.  He's home a lot more since he works fewer days and doesn't have the insane commute I have.  Plus I was super paranoid during maternity leave because cold and flu season was so bad here.

DD 12/20/99, DS 12/14/12, M/C 9/2014, M/C 1/2015

• That's awesome! DH won't take the baby out by himself. He takes DD1 no problem but not the baby. He was going to take them both out to get me a mother's day present but now he is saying he thinks he will just take DD1 : but, I did ask for a nap for mother's day so he is taking them then, but to his mom's house. I don't think he will be comfortable taking the baby out alone until she is done breastfeeding. I think he panics "what if she cries, there's no boob to stop her!"
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"