February 2013 Moms

Has it hit you yet?

When I was preggo I asked a friend of mine with a 1 year old when it hit her that she was going to have a baby, because it hadn't hit me yet. She said it hadn't hit her yet either and I thought she was being stupid because she had a baby in her arms!

But, my DS is 3 months and it kinda hasn't hit me yet. Well, it keeps hitting me. It's like when you get married and for awhile you're like, "Wow. I got married!" Then it gets old hat and you're not impressed that you did it anymore. I keep waiting to stop thinking, "OMG, I have a baby!" But I think I have a ways to go yet.... 

Re: Has it hit you yet?

• I'm totally still in the "OMG, I have a baby" stage. I'll sit and grin over pics of him as he's sleeping on my chest. I'm filled with excitement and fear and joy and still a little mourning. It's crazy. Motherhood hit me by surprise, and I'm still reeling. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • At least once a day I look at my DD and think "She's mine!  She's really my daughter!".  I am still shocked and amazed.  It is the best and scariest feeling I've ever had.
    Pregnancy Ticker image
  • Loading the player...
  • Its sooo nuts! I keep wondering how this baby got here already!!! Next week will be the week that we conceived!!! How NUTS is that!?!!?!? One year ago self should have a look at how things turned out, lol!

Just the other night I was sitting in the living room rocking her, and DH was in his office and I told him to come here, that I had a baby in my arms!

• Drea926Drea926 member
    I keep telling myself "I'm a mom" and it's still crazy to wrap my brain around it! The pediatrician's office called a while back to confirm an appointment and asked, "Is this Rory's mom?" when I answered, and I was like, "Oh! Yes it is! I'm his mom!". The receptionist probably thought I was a loon! :P

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• I honestly keep thinking she belongs to someone else and they're going to come pick her up.  They're just REALLY late!
  • imageDrea926:
    I keep telling myself "I'm a mom" and it's still crazy to wrap my brain around it! The pediatrician's office called a while back to confirm an appointment and asked, "Is this Rory's mom?" when I answered, and I was like, "Oh! Yes it is! I'm his mom!". The receptionist probably thought I was a loon! :P

... Is it weird that I'm used to being called "X's mom" because of my dog?  When we go to the dog park, all the humans know the dogs' names but rarely get to know each others' names, so I've been "Elvis's mom" for about four years now.  Because of that, the leap to "Amelia's mom" when the pediatrician's office called didn't feel so strange.

Really, the whole "motherhood" thing doesn't feel that odd to me.  I don't know if it's that it really hasn't hit yet, or that I've been "mothering" pets for as long as I can remember! Wink

• imageDrea926:
    Oh I relate! DS's pediatrician called to remind HIM of his appointment and asked for HIM, and it just made him so real. It was his first phone call.
  • LJM0521LJM0521 member
    For me, the shock has gone from "OMG, I'm a mom!" to "OMG, I have a 1 year old" or two year old, or whatever.  DS1 will be 5 in October, and DH and I will often ask each other, "Can you believe we have a 4 year old???  We have three kids!  How did this happen so fast?"

Married to J since 5/05, Mommy to T (10/08), L (08/10) and C (02/13) who was born at home.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"