May 2013 Moms

Being kept hostage!

I got admitted yestrday due to concerns about pre-e. so far, bp has been fine, labs fine, and protein has gone down from 818 to 676 but they still won't let me go home! And I can't get an md in here explain anything. I really want to avoid a repeat c section and don't feel that staying another night is beneficial. I'm not being monitored or anything. We are considering leaving AMA. And the worst part is trying to keep my hot headed husband calm!

sorry, vent over. 

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers image image image

Re: Being kept hostage!

• I was told anything above 300 for protein in your urine is cause for concern.  Maybe that's why they are keeping you?

You can't talk to the doctor?

<leader of the pack small photo leaderofthepacksmall_zps19d110a4.jpg photo r0614p_zpsojhlssmw.gif AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

BabyFetus Ticker
  • Ceci131Ceci131 member

The nurse said they were too busy & would be back for rounds in the morning!

My baseline proteins is 410, so things are a little different for me. I also had a uti the past month so that contributed to the 800 level.

im just getting frustrated with the treatment and communication with the mds. 

• Loading the player...
  • Be aware that your insurance company can refuse any type of payment if you sign out AMA. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageShantxtell:
    What is AMA?
    Against Medical Advice
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • It is absolutely your right as a patient to speak to the doctor.  They cannot deny you this by saying they are "too busy."  Doing what?  Playing golf?  BS! 

Get on the phone with your own OB/MW if necessary.  Or the patient advisory committee at the hospital (or whatever it is called).

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Have you called your own OB? 
  • Ceci131Ceci131 member
    Finally got a resident in here who explained everything. Looks like then recommendation will likely be for baby to come tomorrow, either via repeat c section or augmented vbac if I've dilated at all. That's surreal to think she'll be here tomorrow! Was really hard to say goodbye to DD1 tonight, won't see her again until after DD2 arrives!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"