Babies: 3 - 6 Months

3 m/o in 12 mos clothing?

DS has been in 12 mos clothing since he turned 3 mos. Granted, a few 9 mos things still fit. How common is this? Do I have a giant on my hands? DD was wearing 6 mos clothes at this age.
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: 3 m/o in 12 mos clothing?

• My son is 18 weeks old and has been in 12 mo clothing for a couple of weeks now.  He weighs 22 lbs.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • My kid is still mostly in 6-9 month clothing, but can fit his 12 month clothing pretty well too. He's 17lbs at 4 months. Some kids are just giant.
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Loading the player...
  • imagekbruington:
    Dang! How much does he weigh?

He's just under 16lbs, but he's really long.

• Do you have a giant? Yes, yes you do. Congrats on having such a big, healthy babe!
  • When my son was 2 months he weighed 26lbs and was always in the 99th percentile in height and weight. It was to the point that he doctor wanted to put him on a diet. After a few days trying the diet thing thinking that the doctor knew best I gave up on the idea and just decided that my son was normal and went on. Once he was walking he started to thin out and now at 8 years old he is tall for his age but you would never imagine he used to be 26lbs at 2mo.
  • jobiannjobiann member
    imagekielpinskim:

imagekbruington:

My friend has a long baby too...she bought some onesie extenders off of etsy so her son can still wear the 6-9 month clothing as it was fine for him around, but it was just too short on him. So the extenders worked awesome for her! 

Henry Cavill...You're welcome!

BFP #3: EDD 1/10/13 **DS born 12/30/12!!!**
    BFP #2: MC 7/2/11 @ 12 weeks
    **Missing our February '12 LoveBug**
    BFP #1: MMC discovered on 12/6/10

Anniversary

• g8trkimg8trkim member
    I've had friends tell me this. To me their kids didn't really look THAT big. They ended up leveling out eventually. I wouldn't worry too much. It just sucks for you because they grow out of clothes so fast.

• imageDC2London:
    Mine is, too.  He's 17 lbs, 27" long and has a long torso (plus we cloth diaper).  He's a moose.

Your kid is the same size as mine!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickersImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I found it really just depends on the brand. At 3 months my LO was in 6/9 month clothing for Carters, but 12 month for Gerber. I've found that Gerber brand onesies are cut short and wide, but Carters seems long and skinny. He's leveled out now and at 4.5 months he's wearing (almost) everything he could wear at 3 months, which is good because I had to spend a small fortune when he outgrew all his 0-3 month stuff so quickly!
  • Carters is definitely better for long babies. My DD cane still wear 3 mo Carter onsies but 6 mo in every other brand.
  • imagehuwehotaling:
    Carters is definitely better for long babies. My DD cane still wear 3 mo Carter onsies but 6 mo in every other brand.

Yeah, we're definitely in 12 mos for Carter's...

• imagejobiann:
    imagekielpinskim:

imagekbruington:

My friend has a long baby too...she bought some onesie extenders off of etsy so her son can still wear the 6-9 month clothing as it was fine for him around, but it was just too short on him. So the extenders worked awesome for her! 

I didn't know there were extenders! Dd is 27" and 16lbs. The 6 to 12m clothes fit at varying degrees. The smaller the size the fit her weight, but are too short if it has to snap or zip. Like a onesie or pjs. The bigger ones fit her length but look big. I need to find these.

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  • Nathan is this exactly

• imageNana_Osaki06:

imageDC2London:
    Mine is, too.  He's 17 lbs, 27" long and has a long torso (plus we cloth diaper).  He's a moose.

Your kid is the same size as mine!

me too
  • DS1 was the same way. He was born at 10lbs 5oz and never slowed down growing. When he was a baby I used to joke that he looked like the Michelin tire man, he was just roll after roll after roll, and he was tall too.

At 7 years old now he weighs 75lbs and is over 4ft tall, not fat at all, just solid. He's a tank.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

• abbp23abbp23 member
    Same thing here! W was 20lbs and 26.5in at 4 months. He wore 9-12 month clothing then. He will be 6 months tomorrow and we are in 12-18 month. No clue on his height or weight yet! His socks are for little boys and toddlers though. 
    Missed M/C 11/11/11
    BFP: 3/15/12 EDD: 11/25/12 DOB: 11/12/12
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"