Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

Ho much zantac does your LO get

My LO just started zantac yesterday. He gets .75 ml twice a day. He weighs 7lbs 7 oz. Is this too much? Did you notice zantac made your baby sleepy? My LO has only slept today. He hasn't not nursed a whole lot. This is not normal for him. Anyone else go through the same thing?

Re: Ho much zantac does your LO get

• Options
    =Lee=B=Lee=B member

Unless its a different concentration than mine that seems like a  really high dose. 

My 11lb daughter is taking .6ml 2x a day and she's quite a bit bigger.  Typically they would start on the lowest dose per weight and wait 2-4 weeks to see if they need to up it a bit.  Sounds like your doc went straight to the high dose.

It did not make my daughter sleep more than usual.

• Options
    DS is on .7 ml twice a day. He is 9 lbs. I am going back to the doc on monday to discuss doing something different though, because the reflux is really impacting his sleep. Not making him sleepy however...the reflux is keeping hhim awake.
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    DS is taking .6 ml 3 times per day.  He is 11.5 lbs. 
  • Options
    DS is 12.4lbs, taking 1ml twice a day, and it's not helping. Didn't make him sleepy.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    imageemriley84:
    DS is 12.4lbs, taking 1ml twice a day, and it's not helping. Didn't make him sleepy.

Are you going to try to get him on something different? I don't feel like it is working here either.
  • Options
    My lo is on 1 ml 3 times a day and it really works. He was 11 lbs and 12 oz last wednesday when he started it.

photo 7e743566-12ed-490b-ab2b-c02defa0dfc7_zps2f01858c.jpg

• Options
    Mine is on .6mL 2x day, and he's around 10.4lb (7 weeks). Side effects we have are constipation, not sleeping as well, and change in appetite (eating less). My ped said if this dosage of Zantac doesn't work, we're switching to Prevacid. Your side effects are normal, though--not because it's too much.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"