April 2013 Moms

Belly buttons

Sorry I've kind of been MIA - just learning to be a mom, and my parents are visiting, so not a lot of bumping time!

LO's umbilical stump fell off yesterday (hurray, that thing was gross), but her belly button is seriously terrible looking!  It sticks out really far and is extremely unattractive.  Will it stay looking so awful?  We have a doctor's appointment next week and I will ask about it, but just wondering if anyone has any input/experience with this. 

I am not usually a superficial person, but it is so bad I would seriously consider paying for elective surgery to make it more normal looking!

BFP #1: 08/17/2012  DD1 born 05/01/2013

BFP #2: 07/31/2015  M/C 09/23/2015 (11.5 weeks)

BFP #3: 12/16/2015 DD2 born 8/27/2016

Re: Belly buttons

• It sounds like she might just have an outtie.   I don't really think they're much they will do about it, but it might be swollen and exaggerated still since she's still so new and the cord falling off is so recent?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • none5none5 member
    DDs was looking gross and like an outie when it first fell off, but it seems to be going in. It looks a lot better than it did the first day or two after it fell off. So there is hope, I guess. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Nellie's didn't heal properly so we've had 3 weeks of treatment. I think it's resulted in an outie, I think it's quite cute!!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    imageimageimage
  • Henrys was like that at first and he has a very cute belly button now. Franks seems to be doing the same thing but I expect it will settle in like big big brothers. 
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Not sure if it's somehow related to how dr's clamp it at birth, but when I worked at a summer camp with kids, most if not all had outties.
    TTC since May 2012; BFP July 31st, 2012; EDD April 13th, 2013 BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker Anniversary
  • My DD's belly button fell off and it looked weird but as she got bigger it stretched and formed into more of a belly button.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagenone5:
    DDs was looking gross and like an outie when it first fell off, but it seems to be going in. It looks a lot better than it did the first day or two after it fell off. So there is hope, I guess. 

This.  DD's fell off about two weeks ago and it was unattractive and sticking out pretty far.  As time has gone by it's gotten much better.  I think it's normal, but if you are concerned, talk to your dr.

• Could be an umbilical hernia, very common in infants & goes away by age 1. LO has this off & on & I asked his pedi about it yesterday.  I would bring it up next week anyways.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• Right after DS's cord fell off, his belly button was crusty and scabbed  over and oozing blood and nastiness. I think the scabs made it look weirdly shaped. Now it's really cute! Give it a few days or a week.
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"