May 2013 Moms

Length of Labor?

This question may have been asked, so please excuse me if it's a repeat.

For moms of 2+, was your labor shorter or faster then the first?

My first was 6 hours, my dr. told me to get to the hospital AS SOON as I had any feeling of labor, as this one may be even faster.

Just curious.

Thanks,

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker

Re: Length of Labor?

• baby #1 was 10 hours including 2 hours of pushing

baby #2 was 3 hours including pushing

baby #3 was 15 1/2 hours including pushing

i was told 3rd babies come quickly, but she took longer than my 1st and 2nd labors combined! 

• imagenixieknox3:

baby #1 was 10 hours including 2 hours of pushing

i was told 3rd babies come quickly, but she took longer than my 1st and 2nd labors combined! 

WOW! I would have said that based upon your experience the tale may be true, yet your third (as you stated) was a combination of both two labors and then some! I have always heard that the 3rd is the fastest as well.

My mom told me that she labored with me for 3 hours, and 45 minutes with my brother. This is what scared me. I have to wait for my MIL to get to my house to watch DS and then we live at the minimum of 25 minutes from our hospital. I really don't want to be the gal that gives birth on the side of the road :)

• Loading the player...
  • Wow, some of you have had really fast labors! From the point at which my very first contraction started, mine was about 31 hours; from the point at which I was admitted and considered in active labor, mine was about 15 hours.
    natural m/c 7.1.10 :|: sticky baby 4.25.11 :|: #2 due 5.18.13 BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • traiatraia member
    Lurking here.

Baby 1 was 10 hours, including pushing

Baby 2 was 1 hour, including pushing

Hoping i make it to the hospital with baby 3.
  • imagetraia:
    Lurking here. Baby 1 was 10 hours, including pushing Baby 2 was 1 hour, including pushing Hoping i make it to the hospital with baby 3.

WOW! What a difference!! I'll keep my fingers crossed for baby #3! :)

• di1010di1010 member
    imagegtognietti:
    imagenixieknox3:

baby #1 was 10 hours including 2 hours of pushing

WOW! I would have said that based upon your experience the tale may be true, yet your third (as you stated) was a combination of both two labors and then some! I have always heard that the 3rd is the fastest as well.

My mom told me that she labored with me for 3 hours, and 45 minutes with my brother. This is what scared me. I have to wait for my MIL to get to my house to watch DS and then we live at the minimum of 25 minutes from our hospital. I really don't want to be the gal that gives birth on the side of the road :)

My first was 17 hours and this time the baby is already in 0 station. I too am super nervous about someone getting here to take care of my son and I live 25 minutes from the hospital. Plus I want enough time for the epidural!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • My first labor was also 6 hours and this one was 3 and a half. We headed out right away and felt like we had plenty of time.

ETA: We took DD with us to the hospital and she didn't get picked up by MIL for 2 hours. So that was cutting it a little close.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Both labors were 7 hours. DS I pushed for 20 mins and DD three pushes and she was out. Hopefully this labor and delivery is about the same or less.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • blush64blush64 member
    My first and second were about the same length. Maybe thirteen to fifteen hours total. The pushing lasted minutes.

One of my sisters took over 24 hours with her first and 40 minutes with her second but her third and fourth were near 7hrs.

I think this can vary too although I heard it's common for the first to take longer I do not think that it's always the case.
  • Lurking...
    Baby one: 13 hours
    Baby two: 6 hours only pushed twice with both
    Baby three: 13 hours including pushing
    There were 7 years between baby two and baby 3 though. Not sure if that makes a difference. I'm praying this one is short and easy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"