February 2013 Moms

Rolling yet?

Just wondering if how soon (if they have) did your LO roll over. E shows so much interest in going places....tries to sit, lifts her butt with her feet and pushes to move up and almost like a crawl when doing tummy time (if only she knew she was doing this). Still hasn't grasped the rolling though.
Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie First Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Rolling yet?

• DS is almost 3.5 months and he isn't rolling either way yet. He is super close to going back to belly, but I think once he gets close it almost freaks him out and he pulls himself back, haha.
  • DD first rolled from belly to back at 11 weeks. She's 14 weeks now and rolls almost every time she does tummy time.
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• Loading the player...
  • DS rolled for the first time a couple weeks ago, tummy to back. I thought for sure it was a fluke but now I can't keep him on his tummy! He shows absolutely no interest in rolling back to tummy. Honestly, I think the only reason he started rolling tummy to back is because he hates tummy time so much.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our Sweet Boy "LJ"
  • DD has rolled belly to back twice now.  I haven't done tummy time much since the last time she rolled.  I think she could do it again.  I'll have to try tomorrow morning. :)  I got it on video the second time she did it. <3
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagekbates85:
    DS rolled for the first time a couple weeks ago, tummy to back. I thought for sure it was a fluke but now I can't keep him on his tummy! He shows absolutely no interest in rolling back to tummy. Honestly, I think the only reason he started rolling tummy to back is because he hates tummy time so much.

This!  We're 4 months, but 2 adjusted, and she did it once when she was about 2 weeks old because she was very skinny (but hated tummy time then and still does now).  She couldn't lift her head then and did it with leg strength, but now she does it with her neck/arm strength.  In between she couldn't because she got too fat.  In the video comparing Marty and Owen that someone posted a while back, they say leg action on the tummy is counterproductive and that you have to try to roll with your head.   But most say rolling means nothing since it varies so much because everyone sleeps on their back and some babies just don't seem to have an incentive to roll one way or another.

• DS started rolling from tummy to back on purpose at 8 weeks (He will be 11 weeks on friday). He did it quite a bit around 2 weeks, but I know this was just a reflex or fluke. Since 8 weeks though he does it every time he is having tummy time and its obvious its intentional. My DD hated being on the floor so she actually didn't start rolling until after she was crawling. I'm super proud of my little man!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Drea926Drea926 member
    DS started rolling at 8 weeks ss well. He has been kind of a freakishly strong baby since birth! ;-) Don't stress if LO hasn't yet. My ped. said it was a 4 month milestone.

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• Our first was rolling belly to back at 8 days old.  Yeah, that is days, not weeks.  He hated tummy time.  Our 2nd, who is 11 weeks tomorrow, hasn't rolled at all yet.  He doesn't hate tummy time nearly as much though, which is probably a major factor.
  • My little boy just rolled over for the first time yesterday - yey!!!  Lol. So at 13 weeks 2 days. :-) 

imageimage

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Anniversary

• He started rolling a couple days ago and now is all over the place! Whenever I try to change his diaper or his outfit he tries to roll away LOL.

And he's rolling over to his stomach in his crib Tongue Tied Talked to a nurse at his pediatrician's office and she told me once they start rolling there is nothing you can do. Yay worrying.

Married: August 2008
    DS born: February 2013
    TTC #2: Nov. 14
    Chemical pregnancy 09/16/15
    BFP: 12/25/15 EDD: 09/04/16
  • These posts are making me feel like crap.  DD is nowhere close to rolling over.  She doesn't even attempt it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"