2nd Trimester

Can people be nice?

I joined this blog a week or two ago because this is my first pregnancy and it is fun to compare stories and read about other women going through this.....but I have noticed there is a lot of negativity on here. 

No matter what I say someone will have something nasty or sarcastic to say back. Is it the hormones or are women just mean? 

This is suppose to be a place where women can get together and ask questions, I did not come here to be judged by strangers. So I ask, can people be nice? 

Re: Can people be nice?

• kje120kje120 member

It's the internet.  There are a ton of different people and a ton of different personalities and people aren't always going to be "nice".  My advice is to grow some thicker skin or maybe the internet isn't the place for you.

And it's a message board, not a blog. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Funny, you think the meanness hurts my feelings? No, I just don't see any reason for it. 

This does not have to do with showing at 8 weeks, I've seen people be torn apart on about every post, but good to know you are following my posts and tracking what I say :) Creepy.  

I may not continue on this blog or message board, I don't really care about the difference, but I thought I would try.

Different personalities are great and so are respectful debates but being mean and judging people is different than being "honest", you can be honest without being a ***! 

• Loading the player...
  • imageAFwifelife:
    imagelucianneD:

This does not have to do with showing at 8 weeks, I've seen people be torn apart on about every post, but good to know you are following my posts and tracking what I say :) Creepy.  

Ummm it's a couple posts down and still active.  You get a bunch of comments on what you said then decided to post a "why is everyone so mean?!!??!" post.   

Plus this happens often and we posted on that thread. You didnt think we'd notice when you complain a few stories up? I've been the one that's been :attacked: I got over it. Grew some skin and realized I rather have people be honest then be lied to and told this experience is puppies. Sunshine and rainbows.

you come here for the truth don't you?!
    Pregnancy discovered at 12 weeks 12/2007 - D&C at 13 Weeks due to partial Ectopic pregnancy/Body rejecting pregnancy. Last Pregnancy - EDD August 2013 TTC Our first miracle baby.
  • No. Sorry. Bye.
    Lilypie Maternity tickers

<3 Mama to 2 girls - H&I <3
  • You are right, I can't handle the truth. My skin is too thin and I am now crying. 
  • imagelucianneD:
    You are right, I can't handle the truth. My skin is too thin and I am now crying. 

Crying

In all honesty it is the internet. Not everyone agrees. We all have opinions and sometimes questions are pretty stupid and get snark.

• imagedollphnfreek10:
    This entire thread is a hot a mess. nbsp;I think it's laughable that OP posted her message and everyone followed suit and got ugly. nbsp;I'm literally laughing. nbsp;This is like high school.nbsp;My overall outlook...I'm still a newbie and FTM. nbsp;I come for info and to learn from others' experiences. nbsp;If people wanna get ugly or "tell it like it is" so be it. nbsp;Nobody's been mean to me on here, but if someone was...so what. nbsp;I don't even know these people! lol. nbsp;Just keep the info and experience coming and if I don't like the attitude that comes with it...I take a break from TB or just ignore the ugly. lolnbsp;anyways. . .what's for lunch?nbsp;

Piiiiiiiizzzzza!!!!
    Pregnancy discovered at 12 weeks 12/2007 - D&C at 13 Weeks due to partial Ectopic pregnancy/Body rejecting pregnancy. Last Pregnancy - EDD August 2013 TTC Our first miracle baby.
  • One other thing to keep in mind is it is very hard to read tone in an Internet message. Someone may just be answering a question, or even be joking sarcastically and it could come across as rude. Most of these ladies on here are just trying to share information and correct any misinformation when they see it.
    I remember when I first came to the board I thought that people were being rude or a bit harsh at times. As you stick it out and just read what these ladies have to say you realize 99 percent of the time they are just trying to be helpful. That's not to say they don't jump at the chance to roast a good troll but who doesn't enjoy some good drama every now and then? ::mobile smiley::
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • I'm with you OP...Ive been on these boards for years...some people are determined to be a""hats.
    After three miscarriages and one ectopic pregnancy we are currently pursuing adoption. " Born not from our flesh, but born in our heart. You were longed for and wanted and loved from the start."
  • I also had the same feelings when I began posting here. I've had some very amazing support but have also been made to look very stupid. When I got on this site I thought it would be like a support center for women but I've learned that just like high school girls are vicious. Know that notall of us are like that so please continue to post and ignore those who respond negative... we need more of us on here!
  • JamieWMJamieWM member
    imagelucianneD:

I joined this blog a week or two ago because this is my first pregnancy and it is fun to compare stories and read about other women going through this.....but I have noticed there is a lot of negativity on here. 

No matter what I say someone will have something nasty or sarcastic to say back. Is it the hormones or are women just mean? 

This is suppose to be a place where women can get together and ask questions, I did not come here to be judged by strangers. So I ask, can people be nice? 

Girlfriend, you shouldve joined a couple months back when others posted this same thing. You have to take it with a grain of salt, people have opinions and I am convinced some love to just stir the pot on here but let em! Confide in family and friends for things you take to heart etc. I find such awesome support here but I use judgement on posting if I think i am going to hear something I don't want to hear. You hit it right on the head when you said "judged by strangers"...it's exactly that! Try to look at TB in a different light or maybe find a different website that fits what you are looking for?  

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• I am a newbie, but I have lurked for a while.  I like the boards because of the drama and b1tch1ness, it is much more entertaining than BabyCentral or some of the other boards out there.  That being, said, these ladies don't lie, and give you honest opinions.  I do think there is some cliquiness here, if the leader says something everyone else follows, but for the most part you are getting honest feedback, even if they don't say it with sugar and rainbows. 

• imagepanicMom:
    I also had the same feelings when I began posting here. I've had some very amazing support but have also been made to look very stupid. When I got on this site I thought it would be like a support center for women but I've learned that just like high school girls are vicious. Know that not all of us are like that so please continue to post and ignore those who respond negative... we need more of us on here!

THIS.  

I am all for truth and opinions. But there is a difference between giving your opinion appropriately and being a ***/snark about it. It is called tact and some ladies on here need to learn it. I believe you can be both nice and honest.

So my suggestion is to just ignore it, move on, and post only when you need to. 

*E - 08/29/2013*

• Grow a pair. Just because the answer is not what you want, it doesn't mean anyone is being rude. Like pp said.. It's hard to determine sarcasm and such on the Internet. If you don't like a response, don't reply to it!!
    photo df19160f-bf4d-4b1a-aa18-f922c7344247.jpgphoto 6650edf4-b52e-4beb-a3cd-6bdc9480c61c.jpg
    ~may siggy challenge~

photo IMG_20140501_070346.gif photo IMG_20140501_071323.gif
  • Liz4444Liz4444 member
    Nope, no one can be nice, ever. Go away now.
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickersDaisypath Happy Birthday tickersPitaPata Cat tickers

• imageRedheadBaker:
    imagedhaueisen:
    This is a board of hormonal pregnant women, it goes without saying that there is going to be some highschool girl drama! If you put your opinion on the internet people are going to judge you, some harshly. You can't take it personally. Who cares if some random stranger says something mean about you? People are constantly going to misread and misinterpret what you are saying and respond harshly, just let it go. There is plenty of both good and bad advice here, you have to be able to sift through it, take the good, and forget the bad. Posting something like this is just going to bring out the those petty people who take every opportunity to flame someone.
    Stop blaming the damn hormones and own your feelings. I respond the same way on these boards, pregnant or not.

OMG this! If you are going to act like a whiny biitch, then own it and don't blame it on hormones! 

As for the OP...this is the internet...welcome... 

• imagelucianneD:

I joined this blog a week or two ago 

It says you joined 2 days ago. 

• huntjulhuntjul member
    imagelucianneD:

Said no one ever on the Bump.  This is who we are.  Get over it, or leave.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic   image
  • imageDreamDisney:
    imagedollphnfreek10:
    This entire thread is a hot a mess. nbsp;I think it's laughable that OP posted her message and everyone followed suit and got ugly. nbsp;I'm literally laughing. nbsp;This is like high school.nbsp;My overall outlook...I'm still a newbie and FTM. nbsp;I come for info and to learn from others' experiences. nbsp;If people wanna get ugly or "tell it like it is" so be it. nbsp;Nobody's been mean to me on here, but if someone was...so what. nbsp;I don't even know these people! lol. nbsp;Just keep the info and experience coming and if I don't like the attitude that comes with it...I take a break from TB or just ignore the ugly. lolnbsp;anyways. . .what's for lunch?nbsp;

Piiiiiiiizzzzza!!!!

Salad or subway! The only thing my child will let me keep down..
  • Cheeseburger and onion rings...

You can ask people to be nice. Others can choose to comply. However, if you post ridiculous stuff you are going to get told. You say your feelings aren't hurt but here you are whining. You have options: suck it up and quit whining OR peace out homeslice.

Either way this post and a thousand whiny, crying "omg can't we all just be nice" posts later won't change the way the boards operate. It just won't. Learn to cope or find another message board.

I hear babycenter or baby gaga caters to those that are allergic to reality and truthful/accurate information. They might be more your speed. Either way, cheeseburger yo.

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• imagemapayne626:
    imageDreamDisney:
    imagedollphnfreek10:

Piiiiiiiizzzzza!!!!

Salad or subway! The only thing my child will let me keep down..

Loooooove subway
  • I really want to know what rock all the "can't we all just get along" chicks have been under.

OP, I have been flamed a few times myself. You put your big girl panties on, shake it off, and move on to the next post. It is the internet. I grew up in a small town and I have lived in a very big city. Women are the same everywhere, except in cults.

Baby Birthday Ticker TickerBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagegardennymph:
    I really want to know what rock all the "can't we all just get along" chicks have been under.
    OP, I have been flamed a few times myself. You put your big girl panties on, shake it off, and move on to the next post. It is the internet. I grew up in a small town and I have lived in a very big city. Women are the same everywhere, except in cults.
    nbsp;

Lawlz QFT. Yes

LFAF Summer 2016 Awards:

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

• Do you want people to be nice or be honest? For the most part, I think people are pretty nice on this board. Sure, there are a couple of people that like to state the obvious to the clueless pregnant women that will visit the board, but overall, it is generally an interesting place to be. I think many women need to develop a thicker skin. If you ask a question, expect an answer that may/may not be what you want to hear. If you don't like it, just shrug it off. No need to take it to heart.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I'm totally with the OP.  There are many women that seem to just come on here to be rude and negative, maybe they have something going on in their lives--I don't know.  I've gotten to the point where I just laugh at them and ignore them.  Not everyone is here to be like that though, and there are many of us that honestly come on to share stories and advice. Just stick your tongue out at those nasties and move on with your day! :)

photo b2867ff1-04fd-412f-991f-a3e09638ec0f_zps4503f4a7.jpg 

• I Private messaged you :)

• You should probably create a new account. This one will forever be branded a whiny biotch.
  • You REALY can't expect strangers to be nice all the time. Some people speak the truth while others sugar coat it. It's not always bad around here. You just need to put your big girl panties on and move on. Otherwise places like this isn't for you, sorry.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker IAmPregnant Ticker Daisypath - Personal pictureDaisypath Anniversary tickers
  • OMG you totally saved the internet with this post!!!

Said no one, ever.

• Kfran84Kfran84 member
    This blog is over!!!1!1!eleventy!!!

N '13 January Siggy Challenge
    ~*~ Winter Weather Fails ~*~
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagehuntjul:
    imagelucianneD:

Said no one ever on the Bump.  This is who we are.  Get over it, or leave.

I have nothing to add in response to this OP, mainly because I don't are...

I just wanted to let you know, Huntjul, that I L-O-V-E the kitty shaming/announcement in your siggy! Still has me chuckling to myself, and made reading this whole mess totally worth it. :)

• RedheadBak... your siggy is hilarious and heartbreaking at the same time.
    imageimage

• Not ALL strangers will be nice. Apparently, a lot of people here are set in their ways and no one person will be able to change the undertone of this community.

I feel a little sympathy for you because I too am a FTM and maybe you really did think you were showing at 8 weeks and maybe you didn't know any better. People should try to remember that your first time being pregnant is a strange, sensitive, often confusing time in a woman's life. I know it has been for me so far... Best of luck with your pregnancy OP.
  • Have you ever known someone that spoke JUST for the sake of hearing themselves talk? Same concept. Some of these women are pretty proud of themselves. It's sad. 

Let them talk their sh!t and carry on with your pregnancy :)  

• imagelucianneD:
    You are right, I can't handle the truth. My skin is too thin and I am now crying. 

Woah.  It is one thing to complain about the people on here who are rude (I'd say a minority, loud, but you learn who to ignore), and it is another to complain about people not being "nice" and write rude, sarcastic comments yourself.  Pot calling the kettle black, I'd say.  

I've seen people get flamed on here a lot.  Writing obnoxious comments back always makes it worse.  Having a kind or humble response always quiets things down.  Use some of your same advise and be "nice" and I think you'll have a better experience.  :)  Good luck, it really is a great place!  

DD #1 Eva- April 2011
    DD #2 Violet- October 2013
    DD#3 Due New Year's Eve 2016

• Where the hell do these people keep reading that this forum is about pixie dust and unicorn farts?!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imagelucianneD:

Funny, you think the meanness hurts my feelings? No, I just don't see any reason for it. 

I may not continue on this blog or message board, I don't really care about the difference, but I thought I would try.

Different personalities are great and so are respectful debates but being mean and judging people is different than being "honest", you can be honest without being a ***! 

sorry, but you came onto a VERY tame board... most of the internet is mean.

GBCB 

Eat your food people. You are pregnant, not made of glass. ~PrimRoseMama
    The Benes Boys were born 9/3/13! woooo
    imageimage
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"