January 2013 Moms

Amber Teething Necklace, finally found one!

Hey guys.  Ok so I just wanted to share what I found.  I don't know about you ladies but DS is drooling like crazy and teething is starting to bother him (poor bug).  So in my search of natural pain relief for him I ran across the amber teething necklaces.  My BIG concern was if it breaks then all of these little pieces of amber will be around him.  Until I found Inspired By Finn https://hyenacart.com/stores/inspiredbyfinn/  so they have a little knot that they tie between each piece of amber.  I kept seeing this website on blog after blog and it was referred to me by a few friends.  I e-mailed them with questions and they were VERY helpful.  They also offer the necklaces in several different sizes too (other sites I found are a one size fits all and as you well know not all babies are the same size!).  I am NOT advertising for them but I just wanted to share this because I have spent HOURS researching this.  If it helps you great! 
Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
Paige 8/5/99, Kara 7/22/03 and Benjamin 1/19/13
  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

10 losses 1996-1998, 2 losses 2001-2002, 3 losses 2010-2012, loss 1/2014

Re: Amber Teething Necklace, finally found one!

• This does help. Which one did you end up getting? There are so many to choose from... the lighter the better right?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • The lighter is supposed to be better.  I am getting the lemonade necklace.  DS's neck is currently 10 1/4 inches around.  I have 2 older daughters (9 & 13) so I measured their necks and a few of their friends lol.....because I was trying to figure in growth, their necks ranged from 12"-12 1/2" inches around (I measured 6 peoples necks lol).  So I decided to get a 11 1/2" necklace.  Size is a personal preference but I just thought the measurements I found would be helpful :)

• Loading the player...
  • This is the company I've bought from as well. DD has worn hers literally nonstop since she was 4 months old (she's almost 2). Just a couple of days ago, I ordered one for DS. Hoping it's here today or tomorrow! 
           I am convinced that coffee is God's gift to mothers.

BabyFruit Ticker       
    **  DD-5.30.11 ** DS-1.15.13 ** #3 EDD - 9.4.14 ** 

• Do you take them off at night?  DS didn't teeth until 9 mos so I think I have a little while yet.

William born 9/7/07
    Violet Mae born 1/15/13
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I swear by amber!  It worked well for DS.

We did not take it off at night.  We didn't start using it until he was a year old and we just kept it tucked in his shirt.  He didn't mess with it.  It was too short for him to get in his mouth, but just long enough that it did stay down in his shirt.  He didn't even know it was there for the longest time.  

I think they say to remove it from their neck for night though.  You can wrap it around their ankle or something if you're more comfortable with that. 

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • sbevmc09

I think they say to remove it from their neck for night though.  You can wrap it around their ankle or something if you're more comfortable with that.

Good idea on the ankle.  Did you leave it on 24 hours a day?

• i bought one on amazon. i notice a big difference when she has it on. Not sure if it's high hopes or actually working.

• I' ve heard good things, but wow they're expensive. I don't think I could convince Mr. Zona that I should spend $30 on a necklace for his son... :(
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • holly52holly52 member
    thanks for posting this! I was interested in getting one and only looked on Amazon.  I might get one for myself too... Some people say they've helped them with their migraines

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Daisypath Anniversary tickers  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • bpigeaubpigeau member
    I hadn't heard that the lighter ones were supposed to be better. Too late I got my babe a molasses olive one and I think I got him the wrong size 10" one. He is a big baby 18 lbs, so it looks like it might fit him for another month or so. I paid 20 and the 17" one is close to 30. I think it's been worth it because he has been less droolly and less fussy at bedtime.
  • imagechance_encounters:
    sbevmc09

Good idea on the ankle.  Did you leave it on 24 hours a day?

Yep!  We picked it up when DS was teething hardcore with 1yr molars and didn't take it off of him until he got all his 2yr molars through.  I didn't want to mess with the magic :D 

imagezonagirlie:
    I' ve heard good things, but wow they're expensive. I don't think I could convince Mr. Zona that I should spend $30 on a necklace for his son... :(

Keep an eye out on deal a day sites like mamabargains!  They feature them frequently.  I recently picked up a new necklace for Molly because clearly she needed a different color  ;)  It was only like $16.

imagephoto 64bf363d-3af0-4dcc-b880-c06326daa418_zps78d8d389.jpg
    *My Blog*

photo 0cc607b9-4233-4842-8175-d093f8f92ca8_zps7cc00875.jpg
    10/50 Read

my read shelf:
    Stephanie's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • I just put one on Kinsley and it has made a big difference.  Way less drolly and fussy when she's wearing it.  We do take it off at night, DH is paranoid.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"