Breastfeeding

A Dozen Judge-Free GTKY Questions

Not sure if this has been done recently, but I thought it could be fun, and will kill some time (for me) on a slow day at the office.

1. How long have you been breastfeeding? What are your goals?

2. FTM, STM, Other?

3. Honest opinions on supplementing?

4. Nursing in public - do you cover or no?

5. Favorite nursing position?

6. Do you pump? What's your pump-of-choice?

7. Best part of breastfeeding for you?

8. Worst part of breastfeeding for you?

9. Working mom or stay at home?

10. Galactagogues that worked for you?

11. Something that kills your supply?

12. Words of advice for any new or struggling breastfeeding mother?

"I will love the light because it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness, for it shows me the stars." (Og Mandino) Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: A Dozen Judge-Free GTKY Questions

• 1. How long have you been breastfeeding? What are your goals?: DS didn't start latching until 4 weeks, but I was EPing before that. He's just over 3 months now and we're going strong.

2. FTM, STM, Other?: FTM

3. Honest opinions on supplementing?: With formula? I would never judge - you need to do what you need to do to make sure your baby gets the nutrition he or she needs.

4. Nursing in public - do you cover or no?: In a nursing room, no. In a crowded restaurant, yes.

5. Favorite nursing position?: Cradle.

6. Do you pump? What's your pump-of-choice?: EPed at the beginning, now pump once a day so DH can give a bottle, also to keep DS used to the bottle. Have the Ameda Purely Yours Ultra - works awesome for me!

7. Best part of breastfeeding for you?: That DS is getting the best possible nutrition along with antibodies. Oh, and those little smiles he gives when he looks up at me while nursing!

8. Worst part of breastfeeding for you?: Can't think of anything I don't like right now, that may change when he starts cutting teeth, though...we'll see.

9. Working mom or stay at home?: SAHM

10. Galactagogues that worked for you?: I had to look this up, actually. Haven't taking anything, only lecithin to prevent clogged ducts, which has worked wonders.

11. Something that kills your supply?: If I'm either dehydrated, or haven't eaten enough.

12. Words of advice for any new or struggling breastfeeding mother?: Heard it right here, and I'm sure it has saved me more than once: Never quit on a bad day!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • 1. How long have you been breastfeeding? What are your goals?  We finished around 14.5 months.  My goal was 1 year.

2. FTM, STM, Other? FTM

3. Honest opinions on supplementing? If it is needed, it is needed.  I would have supplemented if I needed too. 

4. Nursing in public - do you cover or no? Not with a nursing cover but with my clothing yes.

6. Do you pump? What's your pump-of-choice? PISA

7. Best part of breastfeeding for you? Providing for my son and the snuggle moments

8. Worst part of breastfeeding for you? The stress of producing enough, etc

9. Working mom or stay at home? Working Mom

12. Words of advice for any new or struggling breastfeeding mother? Stick with it.  Make time to eat and drink.  Ask for help!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • 1. How long have you been breastfeeding? What are your goals?

Breastfeeding since day one, so almost five months. Initially, goal was six months, but since we're really having success, new goal is a year.

2. FTM, STM, Other?

FTM, with two full time step-kiddos.

I hope to not have to supplement at all, but I don't judge those that do. It makes me sad, though, when women supplement due to lack of knowledge instead of lack of milk.

Usually, I'll just try to cover up with my shirt or a receiving blanket, but never over her head.

Side lying. Nursing laying down is the bees knees.

Yes, pump at work to send milk to baby-school. I use a Lansinoh Affinity. I like the ability to adjust cycle length.

The quiet, alone time that it gives me and my baby apart from a really loud family. :)

The first six weeks were really tough. Now, I have no complaints.

Working.

Crazy enough,  I added a 12oz bottle of Gatorade per day this week and have noticed a pretty substantial increase in pumping output. Odd. Also, oatmeal.

Not eating enough, or exercise. Diminished calories, in general.

Give yourself eight weeks. I think it's normal to have moments before then that you'll want to quit - I did. Stick it out this long, and I believe you'll have more long-term success because you've fallen into a rhythm with your child.

"I will love the light because it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness, for it shows me the stars." (Og Mandino) Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • jmo823jmo823 member

8.5 months...we are shooting for a year

2. FTM, STM, Other?

FTM

obviously I would if I had to -- I am not going to starve my child.  We did at the beginning for 2 weeks.  I will try everything I can before I would supplement though.

no cover, DS pulls it off

cross cradle is all we do...DS preferred it and now he won't nurse any other way. (which is killing me as he gets bigger)

I pump at work, PISA

The snuggles in the morning while his nursing.  The fact that when I ask him if he wants "babas" he gets all excited and crawls into my lap. 

Pumping at work is a PITA.  I also am constantly worried that I am not providing him with the nutrition he needs. 

Working mama

I used fenugreek early on and that helped boost my supply when DS wouldn't latch.  Once we got established I stopped taking it.  I now eat oatmeal every morning for breakfast and eat 3 lactation cookies per day. 

Stress

It will get better! I used to cry night after night for 2 weeks because feedings were he!! Then one day he just decided he was ready to BF and he has been going strong for almost 9 months!

• imagesouthernbear:

Not sure if this has been done recently, but I thought it could be fun, and will kill some time (for me) on a slow day at the office.

1. How long have you been breastfeeding? What are your goals? BFing for almost 8 months. Goal is 1 year.

2. FTM, STM, Other? STM

3. Honest opinions on supplementing? I weaned DS at 4 months so he got formula and turned out fine. I have no reason to supplement with DD because she's eating fine and my supply is good.

4. Nursing in public - do you cover or no? I use an A&A blanket

5. Favorite nursing position? just the traditional cradle

6. Do you pump? What's your pump-of-choice? 3 xs a day, medela PISA

7. Best part of breastfeeding for you? the bonding with DD. I love our 1-on-1 time, how she snuggles into me and how she'll smile up at me with a giant, gummy, milky smile.

8. Worst part of breastfeeding for you? pumping

9. Working mom or stay at home? working

10. Galactagogues that worked for you? Lactasties cookies

11. Something that kills your supply? hardcore exercise/not drinking enough water; stress

12. Words of advice for any new or struggling breastfeeding mother? Just do your best. Seek out a support group or at least another mom who is either nursing or has been there. Don't beat yourself up at every turn. Tune out most of the world because everyone has way too many opinions, and at the end of the day, the most important thing is that you're nourishing your child, not how you choose to do it. Also, it seems so hard in the beginning, but nursing gets way easier and takes up way less time as your baby gets older.

• a13049a13049 member
    1. How long have you been breastfeeding? What are your goals?10 weeks, my goals is to breastfeed and pump at work till one year, at tht point I want to continue to breastfeed until my supply dries up or LO self weans but I will not pump at work after one year

2. FTM, STM, Other? FTM

3.Honest opinions on supplementing? If it necessary for LO I would, but I think alot of new/FTM give in to quickly which can be more harm than good to your breastfeeding efforts

4. Nursing in public do you cover or no? Not for me, I don't judge others for it, but I won't breatfeed in public.

5.Favorite nursing position? Laying on my side, once LO latches her body and little hand curl up and she cuddles while she eats.

6. Do you pump? What's your pumpofchoice? Yes I pump at work, I use the Pisa because this what's insurance offered

7. Best part of breastfeeding for you? Once supply is established I feel like it is way easier than formula. Less bottles, don't have to pack extra bottles or formula to go out and of course the special time just between the two of is

8. Worst part of breastfeeding for you? Pumping, I absolutely hate it

9. Working mom or stay at home? Working

10. Galactagogues that worked for you? I eat oatmeal every day and I have a good supply, not sure if it really helps or not though
    I'm a PE teacher and when I'm outside all day playing with my students I must dehydrate more because I usually get a dip in supply that day

12. Words of advice for any new or struggling breastfeeding mother? Pumping is not a good measurement i how much LO is eating!

• imagesouthernbear:

1. How long have you been breastfeeding? What are your goals? 21m, goal is letting LO wean, but after 3yrs I'll likely begin pushing things along if we're still nursing.

2. FTM, STM, Other? FTM

3. Honest opinions on supplementing? Depends on the situation, but I think it's hard to do "right" and keep BFing. It makes me sad when women are pushed into it by uneducated people. It makes me happy there are options for women who truly need it.

4. Nursing in public - do you cover or no? Nope, never have. Tried when LO was itty and it was a bigger production than not covering.

5. Favorite nursing position? Now LO nurses like a maniac so I prefer side-lying in bed when he's quiet/cuddly.  When he was little, cradle hold.

6. Do you pump? What's your pump-of-choice? Used to, Ameda Purely Yours

7. Best part of breastfeeding for you? Knowing LO is getting the best (free!) nutrition.

8. Worst part of breastfeeding for you? When I first went back to work me/caregiver struggled finding the right size/way to feed LO with a bottle. He really detested bottles, and we wasted a lot of milk early on. It was stressful. Thankfully once we got a system down, things were smooth sailing.

9. Working mom or stay at home? Working mom

10. Galactagogues that worked for you? Never used any, unless you count eating oatmeal but I ate that because it was yummy.

11. Something that kills your supply? Period

12. Words of advice for any new or struggling breastfeeding mother? You are doing a great job!!!! It gets better and things will change. While it's hard in those early, sleep-deprived days to foresee a time when you won't feel like your baby is attached 24/7 it really does get better, and quicker than you expect. Don't be afraid to ask for specific help (with BFing or around the house or whatever you need), and don't be afraid to tell well-meaning people no.

imageimage
  • 1. 2.5 years.  Wean him before college.

2.  FTM

3.  I encourage women who want to successfully breastfeed not to supplement unless it is medically needed (i.e., they can't produce enough).  However, if it works for them, than more power to them.  I don't judge.

4.  Nope.  But I don't nurse in public very often now that DS is old enough to wait.

5. Any position where DS sits still.

6. Not unless I am away on business. I use a Limerick PJs pump, given to me through DH's work lactation program.

7. Quiet time.

8. When DS whines to nurse when I am in the middle of doing something.

9. Working.

10. Never took any.

11. Never saw anything "kill" it.

12. Don't quit on a bad day.  Seek help and support.  Be easy on yourself. 

Only 5 months so far- I plan to go until at least a year

2. FTM, STM, Other?

FTM

I haven't needed to, but your baby has to eat one way or another.

I cover

Across my body

I pump twice a day for 15 minutes (although I've been adding an extra session in lately). Medela free style.

It's convenient. I don't have to make a bottle, warm it up, or anything like that. It's so rewarding knowing I am providing food to my baby. In the morning, once he's done feeding he looks up at me and smiles :)

It's inconvenient, haha. I have to sit down to feed LO, and usually can't do multiple things at a time while I am feeding him. Others can't feed him unless I give then some of my freezer stash that I use for when I am at work/ have to go out without baby.

Full time working mom

I used Fenugreek for one week and it worked well but then I decided I didn't really need it any longer.

AF

We've all had ups and downs with breastfeeding, so don't give up until you've talked to a LC. However, a great mom is not determined by whether or not she BF or FF.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    DD1 was weaned at 3y2m. DD2 was weaned at 2y3m. DD3 is 6 weeks, and my goal is at least 2 years.

2. FTM, STM, Other?
    3rdTM

I never have and hope never to need to. I don't care what anyone else decides to do.

4. Nursing in public do you cover or no?
    I've never used a cover to nurse.

I do cradle during the day and side lying at night.

6. Do you pump? What's your pumpofchoice?
    I have in the past but haven't really done it much this time. I chose the Ameda Purely Yours when I had DD1. Still works great 7 years later.

It's so convenient. It solves almost any problem with baby. It's free.

Nursing at night past 1 year... Having to night wean at 2 years.

SAHM now, but I worked full time when DD1 and DD2 were young.

I don't know what this is.

When my period returned, the week before my supply would always dip.

Hang in there. It gets easier the older baby gets. Get help from a LC if you're really struggling.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13

21 months. I subscribe to baby-led weaning, so when DS is ready, to wean, he will wean. I hope to meet the 2 year goal.

2. FTM, STM, Other?

FTM

I have never had to do it. Obviously, any BM the baby gets is beneficial, and if some formula is needed for any reason, it is still better than 100% formula fed.

I rarely NIP anymore, but will on a plane or if it is necessary. To me, covers look like huge tents or bibs and draw more attention, screaming LOOK AT ME I'M BFING! 

Side lying

Put the pump away at 18 months. I had a Medela PISA

Knowing I am setting my child up for the best health I can give him over his entire life, and the bond only I have with DS.

Feeling guilty if I want to have some wine, or go out and have DH give a bottle.

Part time.

Never tried any.

Stress

Join a support group, meet up with other BFing mothers, have your husband or mother take a class on BFing so they can support you! 

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
  • 1. How long have you been breastfeeding? What are your goals? Since DD's birth, til one year+

2. FTM, STM, Other? First-timer

3. Honest opinions on supplementing? *flame alert* Formula is for emergencies only, its over-used. Most formulas (all 4 brands that WIC offer for instance) are made with GMO soy or milk from rbgh treated cows, so formula can be poison. Unfortunately for most parent's lifestyles (in our society/modern age-I don't mean their "selfish" choices, I mean the way life is set up for all of us now and what most of us have to do to survive/thrive) breastfeeding is too hard to do successfully and supplementing or switching to formula becomes tempting. Two of my dear friends FF (both kids weaned before I had DD) and I am sympathetic to their situations, but now that I've been through it - and it hasn't been easy - I believe they could have breastfed with the right support from society and individuals. Ultimately our culture is not BF friendly!

4. Nursing in public - do you cover or no? Sometimes I cover to latch if there are any creepers around where I'm at. Its unfortunate but some people see breasts and especially nipples as a sexual object instead of what they are- so much MORE than that

5. Favorite nursing position? Side-lying

6. Do you pump? What's your pump-of-choice? I have pumped, but I'm not a regular. I have a Medela PISA

7. Best part of breastfeeding for you? How much DD LOVES it! It is incredible how much it means to her to be near me and to receive nourishment just from me. She's very sensitive and the bond between us is so important to her. I can feel overwhelmed by the responsibility sometimes.

8. Worst part of breastfeeding for you? Pain at the beginning, adjusting my life to BF; not being able to work or having a hard time getting housework done or fulfilling responsibilities besides her, feeling vulnerable and dependent with my husband and family

9. Working mom or stay at home? SAH for now, we haven't decided if I will go back to my reg. job but it is PT/on call so I have that luxury. I also write and self-publish but that is more of a hobby b/c it doesn't pay the bills and I am still writing.

10. Galactagogues that worked for you? Barley/Oatmeal, Dark Beer, Mother's Milk Tea, Fenugreek Tea

11. Something that kills your supply? Stress!

12. Words of advice for any new or struggling breastfeeding mother?You have to want it, you have to keep your blinders on on see only your desire to breastfeed and there are no other options. Do whatever it takes; LC, LLL, support groups, etc. It is so hard at first but it gets better and you will see how much it means to your baby to smell your skin, feel your warmth and touch, look into your eyes, feel your soft, warm breast in their mouth and feel close to you like you two are one again.

Also, hot showers, lanolin, heating pads, a glass of wine - about 3am on day six or seven after LO finally passes out and you have insomnia - and patience

DD#1 was BF till just under a year because I was pregnant w/DD#2 and was out of milk!
    DD#2 is 15 months old and we're still going strong.  Haven't even thought of weaning her.  Maybe 8th grade? :) 

2. FTM, STM, Other?

STM 

I don't care.  Do what you want but if you ask me for specific advice I'll always promote breastfeeding first then supplementation if you must.  Again, what people do is their issue but IMO I would not supplement unless absolutely necessary. 

Despite how passionate I am about a woman's right to BF in public UNCOVERED, I sometimes cover with a wrap, mostly to keep my LO from getting distracted.  

I also strongly believe in normalizing breastfeeding and this cannot happen in our society unless more woman NIP.  

just regular old cradle position.  But in bed we do side-lying all the time. 

Not anymore! I stopped pumping when DD#2 was 13 months old.  I had an older version medela PISA for work an ameda for home.  

The ease and convenience.  Oh and duh, providing my baby w/best food possible. 

Honestly, let me tell you that the 2nd time around I had virtually no issues.  I "think" I can say with honesty that there are NO bad parts of breastfeeding!  W/DD#1 it was difficult to learn and painful but we did fine eventually.  

Working mom. 

I took fenugreek w/DD#1 and I really can't say if it worked or not.  It did make me smell like maple syrup.   Never took anything w/DD#2.

Nothing that I can see and I drink alcohol here and there, eat spicy foods and have never limited my diet. 

Stick with it! 

10 months. My goals are in small increments (3mo., 6mo., 9mo., now one year). I would like to allow my son to wean himself but at the same time I need to be realistic about my needs and desires as well, so short goals. 

2. FTM, STM, Other?

first time. 

I feel that a lot of women second-guess their ability to exclusively provide breast milk, and that other people who are not well informed but have good intentions push them to supplement because they see the stress on the mother and want to help somehow. Because of the prevalence of this I would never judge anyone for supplementing but I do feel that women need to stand up for themselves and trust their bodies.

I prefer the cover for my own modesty because my son is not what you would call a tranquil nurser and does flail/squirm/roll/try to undress me/get distracted on a regular basis.

Lying down!

I pump 3x a day at work and use a PISA. 

Not having to wash bottles all the time. 

Where to start...I actually kind of hate it. Being tied down, the sole provider, alcohol guilt, the rashes from him scratching me, the plugged ducts, pumping at work, stress over his nutrition, I could go on. 

full time work. 

Fenugreek. 

Being sick, or getting a clogged duct for the eleventy billionth time. 

Breastfeeding is a choice you make every day; even one day of breastfeeding is better than none. Also when the lactation consultants say "it shouldn't hurt" they are blowing smoke up your a$$.
  • imagesouthernbear:

1. How long have you been breastfeeding? What are your goals? since he was born - goal - a year and a half

2. FTM, STM, Other? FTM

3. Honest opinions on supplementing? I'm fortunate I don't have to, but no judgement if others do

4. Nursing in public - do you cover or no? yes, if I have my cover, but I could care less if others do. If I don't have it, I've no qualms about nursing without

5. Favorite nursing position? Cradle

6. Do you pump? What's your pump-of-choice? Yes, Medela pump in style

7. Best part of breastfeeding for you? the bonding time

8. Worst part of breastfeeding for you? it takes a lot of time sometimes

9. Working mom or stay at home? WAHM 

10. Galactagogues that worked for you? never tried any

11. Something that kills your supply? I haven't had much issue

12. Words of advice for any new or struggling breastfeeding mother? Hang in there - the first few days are really rough and painful but it gets a lot better :)

Sept 2013 started TTC#2 (never got PP period so hoping for the first egg to drop)
    Jan 2014 - diagnosed POF (Premature Ovarian Failure) and told pregnancy not possible without egg donor because my ovaries would never function again with my hormone levels (FSH 136, LH 98.6, AMH <.03, estradiol 0, HCG 7) - using acupuncture, chiropractic care and TCM herbs / supplements
    March 11, 2014 ovulated despite every doctors prognosis!!!
    Oct 2014 hormones (FSH 48, Estradiol 89, HCG 1) not good, but heckuva lot better!

Nov. 16, 2015 FET of single adopted 5AA embryo - BFN
    Read all about my TCC Journey here in my Blog Taking Back My Ovaries
    Almost 8 months! I didn't think I was going to make it past 6 weeks, so I was thrilled to get to 6 months. I want to continue at least morning & night for as long as LO wants. I'm over pumping, though!

2. FTM, STM, Other?
    FTM

I don't care at all. I totally understand why BF'ing doesn't work for some people, and I don't think it's up to me to decide when a mom has tried hard enough or long enough.

I rarely nurse in public, because LO acts like I'm smothering him if I cover him, and he's way too distracted to nurse without a cover.

Cradle.

Yes. It's the Medela double electric. Works great for me.

Snuggling with LO. I was actually sad when he dropped his MOTN feeding, because it was the best snuggle time.

The first 6 weeks. It slowly got better after that, but a cracked & infected nipple can really put a damper on the experience.

Working.

I've been drinking Mother's Milk tea recently and I think it helped.

LO being hospitalized with pnemonia. Followed by the stomach flu. Followed by me having the stomach flu. It was a rough 4 weeks. Hence the Mother's Milk tea.

I would never have made it past 6 weeks without my mom and husband supporting me every step of the way, but if you don't have that support, find it - a good lactation consultant or local support group can be a lifesaver. Nipple shields were a god send for me. Some people are not proponents, but I say do whatever you need to do to make BF'ing work for you, as long as you want to keep trying. And at the end of the day, being a good mom has nothing to do with how you feed your baby!
    January Siggy Challenge: Happy Dance

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP #1: 10-25-11, MC: 11-1-11 @ 5w5d
     BFP#2: 12-29-11, DS born September 2012
    TFAS: July 2014, BFP#3: 12-29-14
    , EDD 9-9-15

• 1. How long have you been breastfeeding? What are your goals?  Almost 7 months of breastfeeding and we're aiming to make it to 1 year

2. FTM, STM, Other?  FTM

3. Honest opinions on supplementing?  I had to supplement for two weeks when DS was a month old.  I was so thankful that I could feed my son, and that was all I cared about.

4. Nursing in public - do you cover or no?  Always covered.

5. Favorite nursing position?  side-lying is my favorite, but we most often do the cradle hold.

6. Do you pump? What's your pump-of-choice?  3x per day at work and 1x every day at night.  I have the PISA and love it.

7. Best part of breastfeeding for you?  The bonding time with DS.

8. Worst part of breastfeeding for you?  Undiagnosed tongue tie.

10. Galactagogues that worked for you?  nothing.  Only drinking tons of water.  I drink around 140 oz a day.  It's obscene.

11. Something that kills your supply?  getting sick.  My supply dropped drastically the two times I have had colds

12. Words of advice for any new or struggling breastfeeding mother?  If you really want to breastfeed, you can find the support you need to get through it if you search people out.  Hang in there and look forward to the day it gets easier and your LO pops off your nipple mid-feed, grins at you, and goes back to eating.  It kills me every time!

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • 1. How long have you been breastfeeding? What are your goals? 14 weeks, since DD was born. My goal is 6 months, but I'd really like to make it to at least a year.

2. FTM, STM, Other? FTM.

3. Honest opinions on supplementing? I have no problem with it. Babies need to eat, and if there's not enough BM, you do what you gotta do.

4. Nursing in public - do you cover or no? I actually haven't done this yet, and I'm not sure what I would do. It would probably depend on the circumstances/who was around.

5. Favorite nursing position? Cross cradle is the only one we use.

6. Do you pump? What's your pump-of-choice? Yes. I rent the Medela Symphony.

7. Best part of breastfeeding for you? Easy, fast, cheap!

8. Worst part of breastfeeding for you? Having to pump to replace bottle feeds when I'm not around.

9. Working mom or stay at home? I only work 1-2 days a week, so mostly SAHM.

10. Galactagogues that worked for you? The only one I've tried is oatmeal, and it did not seem to work.

11. Something that kills your supply? Not eating enough. I feel like I have to eat all day to maintain supply.

12. Words of advice for any new or struggling breastfeeding mother? I had such a hard time with BF'ing in the beginning. It took me a good 6-8 weeks to not want to quit everyday. Now, it's so much easier. I have never FF'd, but I can only imagine that BF'ing is much more convenient than making up and washing tons of bottles everyday. I really like the advice "don't quit on a bad day." If you want to switch to formula, make the decision when you're thinking clearly and not emotionally charged.

PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• 1. How long have you been breastfeeding? What are your goals? Almost 5 months.  My goal is until he's 15 months to get him through next cold and flu season, then we'll see.

2. FTM, STM, Other?  STM.  Nursed DD for ~9 months until resuming college crashed my supply.

3. Honest opinions on supplementing?  I have no issues with it.  I think ANY breastfeeding is great.  If supplementing helps a mom continue to BF, I support it.

4. Nursing in public - do you cover or no?  I don't really NIP much yet.  Oddly, the need hasn't been there.  I hide during cold weather.  I find secluded spots, so I think my tank and shirt will be enough for my comfort level this summer. 

5. Favorite nursing position? Cradle during the day, side-lying at night.

6. Do you pump? What's your pump-of-choice?  3x per day during the work week.  Ameda PY.

7. Best part of breastfeeding for you?  The bonding.  I absolutely love seeing DS's big eyes stare up at me and his chubby little hand petting my collarbone or grabbing my ear.  So sweet.

8. Worst part of breastfeeding for you?  Lugging my pump around and trying to fit sessions into crazy work days.

9. Working mom or stay at home? WM

10. Galactagogues that worked for you?  I found nothing works better for me than drinking lots of water and nursing frequently when with DS.

11. Something that kills your supply?  It tapers off during the end of the work week, but nothing has killed it so far (knock on wood).

12. Words of advice for any new or struggling breastfeeding mother?  Hang in there - it gets so much better!  The first couple of months were a sleepless blur of soreness, leaks, tears, frustration, and constant nursing.  It's so rewarding if you can push through it.  A curtain lifts around 3 months, for me at least, and it's such an amazing, beautiful experience. 

DD 12/20/99, DS 12/14/12, M/C 9/2014, M/C 1/2015

Breastfeeding for 7 months and 1 day :) Goal is to keep going until she self-weans or I decide it's not mutually enjoyable anymore.  My mom breastfed me until I was 27 months old.  I'm thinking we'll probably keep going until she's about 2 or so, and then play it by ear. 

2. FTM, STM, Other?

FTM

I don't do it.  Never have needed to.  I think people are too quick to jump to supplementation if they think the baby's "still hungry."  If your baby's still hungry, keep nursing.  Don't give a bottle of formula.  I think if you have a legitimate medical reason why you have low milk supply (which I think is a lot more rare than people seem to think), then sure you need to supplement and I have no problem with that.  I don't judge people who do supplement but I do question why they're doing that rather than just nursing more.  If the baby's still hungry when you unlatch them, keep on nursing and more milk will come down eventually.

Usually I do not cover but in some places I do (Synagogue for example). 

Cradle Hold

Yes.  Medela Pump in Style Advanced. 

The amazing bond and closeness that it provides for a mom and baby.  I also love the convenience factor--it's always available, at the right temperature, no need to bring any bottles or water or anything.  It also works for so many things... tired? Nurse!  Sick?  Nurse!  Hungry/thirsty?  Nurse!  Sad?  Nurse!  Scared?  Nurse!  

The fact that it's almost become an obsession.  I have to constantly be thinking about it--when/where am I going to pump next or feed the baby?  I can't ever stop thinking about it because it's become such a huge part of my life.

Working Mom for now but I'll be staying at home for a few months starting next month! 

Oatmeal.  LOTS of water.  Fenugreek.  

Not drinking enough water.  

Stick with it and keep nursing.  If you do, you'll eventually get to that point where it is a beautiful and wonderful nursing relationship.  The first few weeks are hard for most people.  The baby wants to nurse constantly, never seems satisfied, falls asleep at the breast, and wants to use you as a pacifier.  Let them keep nursing, fall asleep and use you all they want since that will help your supply and will keep them calm and quiet.  The more you nurse at the beginning, the better!  

• 1. How long have you been breastfeeding? What are your goals?  We ebf for the first 10 days but have been mostly EPing since then.  Still nurse a couple of times a day, but mostly bottlefeeding.

2. FTM, STM, Other?  FTM

3. Honest opinions on supplementing?  Supplementing waas the only thing that got my girl gaining weight.  I would much rather she only get BM, but she lost 15% of her weight and was only transferring 15-20ml in a feeding.

4. Nursing in public - do you cover or no?  I do because I'm uncomfortable with out.  Doesn't bother me if others don't cover though.

5. Favorite nursing position?  I get the best latch with cross cradle.  

6. Do you pump? What's your pump-of-choice?  Love my Medela Symphony rental.  I will miss it.  BUT now that I got the right tubing for the PISA, I'm happy with it.

7. Best part of breastfeeding for you? Being able to soothe my girl in a way that no one else can.

8. Worst part of breastfeeding for you?  DD never transferring milk well and having to EP.

9. Working mom or stay at home?  Working

10. Galactagogues that worked for you? None

11. Something that kills your supply?  Haven't found anything yet.

12. Words of advice for any new or struggling breastfeeding mother? I heard a quote from Tina Fey that I love - "Whatever you do breastfeeding-wise -- great. Great. Whatever."  
  • 1. How long have you been breastfeeding? What are your goals? - we have been bfing for over 7 months

2. FTM, STM, Other? FTM

3. Honest opinions on supplementing? I think it is best avoided unless absolutely necessary.

4. Nursing in public - do you cover or no? No. It draws more attention to me, is really awkward and uncomfortable for both of us, is another thing I need to carry around, plus I have nothing to be ashamed of. Usually I try to not flash my nipple everywhere but I am not worried if someone sees - breastfeeding is normal.

5. Favorite nursing position? cradle

6. Do you pump? What's your pump-of-choice? No

7. Best part of breastfeeding for you? i like the sweet time with her, it is free, convenient, and usually easy

8. Worst part of breastfeeding for you? thrust, plugged ducts, mastitis (all in the first 8 weeks), and now chomping (no teeth yet), oh, and nightfeeds.

9. Working mom or stay at home? SAH

10. Galactagogues that worked for you? I dont pump so I dont really have a way to gauge this, but I eat steel cut oats everyday. YUM

11. Something that kills your supply? I believe dehydration, not enough food, and stress are bad for it

12. Words of advice for any new or struggling breastfeeding mother? Hang in there - it will likely get much easier! Babies will learn to latch by themselves (I didnt know this, haha!)! They will east more quickly and not quite so often, and  they will be able to wait a few minutes! Dont worry about your baby falling asleep at the breast - it is designed to do that :) Breastfeed anywhere and everywhere - it is good for your supply! If you see a LC and they arent helpful, see one until you find someone you mesh with. This was what helped me the most. :)
  • 1. How long have you been breastfeeding? What are your goals? DS is almost 11 months. I plan to wean sometime in the next six months. We'll see how it goes.

2. FTM, STM, Other? FTM.

3. Honest opinions on supplementing? What else are you going to do - starve the kid?

4. Nursing in public - do you cover or no? Cover, but I rarely NIP.

5. Favorite nursing position? Cradle.

6. Do you pump? What's your pump-of-choice? Yes, I pump at work. I use a Medela Lactina.

7. Best part of breastfeeding for you? The one-on-one snuggle time with my son. I love it when he falls asleep and looks so content; I love it when he's awake and we can play silly little games while he eats.

8. Worst part of breastfeeding for you? Pumping. And wearing plus size nursing bras.

9. Working mom or stay at home? Working since eight weeks postpartum.

10. Galactagogues that worked for you? I drink Mother's Milk Tea two to three times a day at work.

11. Something that kills your supply? Not pumping regularly, my period, too much alcohol.

12. Words of advice for any new or struggling breastfeeding mother? A good lactation consultant is worth her weight in gold. Get to one pronto if you're having any problems. In the meantime, feed the baby, be sure to pump anytime baby takes a bottle feeding, and realize that your baby will thrive whether you EBF, EP, FF, or combo feed. Your baby will thrive because of your love and attention.
  • AmyRIAmyRI member

I breastfed my first for 14 months, now into month 4 with #2 for a total of 18 so far. Goal is to pump until a year, but go until DD self-weans.

2. FTM, STM, Other?
    STM

Personal decision. For me, I won't do it.

Yes, always cover unless I'm only around female relatives and/or DH.

Cradle

Yes, I work full time and pump 3x per day on weekdays. I prefer the Medela PISA.

Knowing I'm giving my baby the best possible food.

Having to pump and wash bottles since I work.

Working

Fenugreek, used briefly after a stomach bug when nursing #1. Haven't needed anything this time.

Dehydration.

Don't quit on a bad day. When things get easier, you will look at how much your baby has grown and developed and know that your hard work paid off.

#3 Due April 2016
  • 1. How long have you been breastfeeding? What are your goals? 19 months, my goal is to eventually drop our last session once he's comfortable without the morning session we dropped last month.

2. FTM, STM, Other? FTM

3. Honest opinions on supplementing? I'm not against formula feeding, but I really don't like the idea of supplementing.  I think that if you want to make breastfeeding work, then you breastfeed, you don't supplement.  If you can't make breastfeeding work, then you move over to formula.

4. Nursing in public - do you cover or no? Mostly cover, but it depends on the situation.  At the drive-in last weekend I went coverless, in the backseat, in the dark.

5. Favorite nursing position? I still do cross cradle.

6. Do you pump? What's your pump-of-choice? Not anymore!!!! I used a PISA when I did.

7. Best part of breastfeeding for you? I love our evening cuddles.

8. Worst part of breastfeeding for you? Pumping

10. Galactagogues that worked for you? Oatmeal?  Water?

11. Something that kills your supply? Not drinking enough water

12. Words of advice for any new or struggling breastfeeding mother? It gets easier
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagesouthernbear:

1. How long have you been breastfeeding? What are your goals? almost 6 months. at about 4 months we had to start supplementing with 1 bottle of formula a day, but that is only 2% of her feedings. My goal is 1 year.

2. FTM, STM, Other? FTM

3. Honest opinions on supplementing? In my case it was either supplement or have a starving, angry baby at daycare. She needed that extra ounce in each of her bottles and I just wasn't pumping enough at work. In hindsight I should have built a stash, but I really hate my pump...

4. Nursing in public - do you cover or no? haven't had to NIP yet, the closest I get is in a car and when I do that, no cover

5. Favorite nursing position? just the regular way, with her across my chest

6. Do you pump? What's your pump-of-choice? yes, i use an ameda PY

7. Best part of breastfeeding for you? time with baby girl

8. Worst part of breastfeeding for you? having to pump at work

10. Galactagogues that worked for you? none...

11. Something that kills your supply? not eating enough calories

12. Words of advice for any new or struggling breastfeeding mother? keep at it! it is so hard at first, but gets easier! and if you have to supplmenet, dont beat yourself up. what is important is feeding your baby, no matter what it takes.

We've been breastfeeding since day 1 and have had no serious issues, thankfully. I have said my goal is six months, but really, I'd love to get to at least a year, and hopefully beyond that as well. 

2. FTM, STM, Other?

FTM 

If the decision to supplement is made because it is what is best for the baby (mom can't produce enough, medication, allergies, etc.) than it is the right choice. I struggle with not judging moms who use formula because it's easier or because they aren't willing to give their body to their baby in that way. That's just my honest opinion. 

I cannot figure out how to discreetly nurse with these ginormous girls, so we use a cover. 

Cradle, I think? I usually just prop my feet up on the couch or ottoman and lay her across my lap, supported with my thighs and bring her to my boob.  

I pump while at work. I have a Freestyle, but I use my work's Symphony. I don't necessarily produce more with the Symphony, but it's suction is more comfortable.

Knowing I'm doing what is absolutely best for my baby. I love that only I can do it and it's something special we share. It's also been one of the most empowering, "I'm so happy to be a woman!" things I've ever done. 

The numbers game that comes from pumping at work. 

I work full-time, three 12 hour shifts 

I've been taking Fenugreek and a Lactation blend and have seen a good difference in my supply when I pump 

Work :) 

You are doing such a good job!  

Anniversary g

BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagesouthernbear:

1. How long have you been breastfeeding? What are your goals? I have been breastfeeding for 7 months now. My original goal was 6 months, now we're taking it week by week. Right now I'd love to hit 8 months.

2. FTM, STM, Other? DD is my first living child.

3. Honest opinions on supplementing? Do what you gotta do. We supplement anywhere from 2-4oz of formula a day because I just don't pump enough. It is what it is.

4. Nursing in public - do you cover or no? I usually don't use a cover but I wear a tank and just pull my top up, therefore exposing very little.

5. Favorite nursing position? My LO loves to sit up now. LOL.

6. Do you pump? What's your pump-of-choice? I pump 3x at work. Medela PISA.

7. Best part of breastfeeding for you? Those sweet moments when DD looks up at me and smiles while bf.

8. Worst part of breastfeeding for you? Occasional nipple pain and pumping.

9. Working mom or stay at home? Working mom, full time.

10. Galactagogues that worked for you? Oatmeal, fenugreek, blessed thistle.

11. Something that kills your supply? Not eating enough calories.

12. Words of advice for any new or struggling breastfeeding mother? Never quit on a bad day. If I had I would have quit about 6 months ago!

• I'm new to this board :-) I didn't really know it was here, I've just been on my home board, February 2012.

1. I've been breastfeeding for 15 months next week.

2. FTM

3. Do what is best for baby. 99% of the time that's breastfeeding, but sometimes it's not and you need some help. Don't beat yourself up about it. While I think people often jump to formula too quickly, I think there are also people who suffer through a lot of unnecessary guilt when they have to supplement. 

4. No cover. We don't do it much anymore, but I had no issue with it when she was little. It's pretty common in my very liberal area.

5. We almost always sidelong nurse now, because it's always before naps or at bedtime.

6. I stopped pumping at 1 year, but I used the medela electric pump.

7. I love that it gives us some guaranteed snuggle time multiple times a day. 

8. Biting. She's teething right now and it's the worst.

9. I'm a substitute teacher, so I technically have a job but I'm at home most of the time.

10. I have never really noticed anything that increases or decreases my supply a noticable amount.

11. See #10 

12. So worth it! My DD isn't a cuddler, so if I wasn't still breastfeeding, we would hardly ever cuddle. I'm so glad I stuck it out. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker someecards.com - Your personal anecdotal evidence is so much more relevant than this legitimate scientific study.
  • 1. How long have you been breastfeeding? What are your goals? 13.5 months and currently weaning

2. FTM, STM, Other? STM

3. Honest opinions on supplementing? I had to do it from almost the beginning, so I dont' look down on it.  I do think it's often advised when not necessary.

4. Nursing in public - do you cover or no? I did until DD wouldn't tolerate the cover anymore.  Now I just nurse in the car or somewhere else private.

5. Favorite nursing position? I wanted badly to get the hang of the cradle hold, but I'm still using cross cradle

6. Do you pump? What's your pump-of-choice? I'm not pumping anymore, but when I did, I really liked my Medela Lactina

7. Best part of breastfeeding for you? Knowing that I'm doing the best I can for my baby

8. Worst part of breastfeeding for you? Struggling with low supply despite all my efforts

9. Working mom or stay at home? SAH, but currently job searching

10. Galactagogues that worked for you? Well, I took it all.  Dom helped the most, but I also took fenugreek, blessed thistle, and goat's rue.

11. Something that kills your supply? Illness

12. Words of advice for any new or struggling breastfeeding mother?  Don't quit on a bad day.  Don't hesitate to see an LC!  Seriously... See an LC!

Hilary
    imageimage
    imageimage
  • jbatchjbatch member

1. I have been breastfeeding 10 weeks.. as long as it works..

2. FTM

3.No problem with it.. Do what works for you..

4. cover

5. Cradle.. usually with mybrestfriend

6. no

7. snuggles

8. finding a quiet place when in large groups.. I'm not comfortable nursing in public.

9.Working.. I run a daycare and breastfeed LO in my office..

10. haven't tried anything.

11. Not sure.. haven't had a problem..

12. Get past the first 6 weeks and it gets easier..

I have a Daughter born 2/26/2013. She is pretty much amazing!

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

• imagesouthernbear:

1. How long have you been breastfeeding? What are your goals? I EBFed until 2.5 months, then made a stupid mistake and we are at 7 months, and trying to relactate to the point of full time nursing. 

My goals are to get my supply back to full time nursing in less than 2 months, and a goal of EBFing until DS is at least a year (without supplementing; we will start solids again in a few months). I am going to let DS wean himself. 

2. FTM, STM, Other? FTM

3. Honest opinions on supplementing? Well, I've been there, and before I did it, I thought I would be fine. That's not the case, and I am heartbroken that I messed up my supply (I didn't need to supplement, but it's a long story). Like I said before, I am in the process of relactating.

4. Nursing in public - do you cover or no? lol. If I need to NIP, I used to use a cover. I will not this summer (it is already really hot), and I will not anymore unless DS needs it to pay attention or to fall asleep.

5. Favorite nursing position? Side lying with nothing on the top half of my body (no bra, no shirt, no nothing).

6. Do you pump? What's your pump-of-choice? Yes, I have three pumps: the hand pump from Medela, the Medela swing (single electric), and I just got the PISA backpack Medela (double electric). I prefer the double by far.

7. Best part of breastfeeding for you? The quiet bonding time.

8. Worst part of breastfeeding for you? Being afraid to NIP or around others without a cover. I'm working on being braver though. ETA: Also, messing up my supply was heartbreaking.

9. Working mom or stay at home? SAHM

10. Galactagogues that worked for you?  I used Fenugreek and it really did work for me. I am planning on taking more of it, but it lowers my blood pressure and sugar, so I need to eat a bigish meal with each dose.

11. Something that kills your supply? Nothing that I know of besides not nursing or pumping on time.

12. Words of advice for any new or struggling breastfeeding mother? Stick with it! And don't make the mistakes I made (pumping and feeding a bottle of formula, and then just using formula). When you are nursing, your baby (and you) come first, don't listen to people who are uncomfortable with your choices. I need to learn how to take my own advice, but this is what I truly believe.

I bf DS for 14 months. This little lady so far 5 months. Over a year for sure to whenever.

2. FTM, STM, Other?
    STM

I did with DS when he was a little older. I worked and pumping wasn't a guarantee, so he would randomly get formula starting around 7 or 8 months.
    I get annoyed when people do because of lack of knowledge or bad advice.

4. Nursing in public do you cover or no?
    Mostly try to be covered, doesn't always work though.
    Side or cradle.

6. Do you pump? What's your pumpofchoice?

Not a lot. I liked my old medela better for frequent nursing. I have an ameda and its good.

Everything

Lack of freedom.

Stay at home

I make sure to stay hydrated and eat oatmeal often.

Skipping a meal, cutting calories.

You can do it!

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers

imageimageimage
  •  1. How long have you been breastfeeding? What are your goals?  Since birth, so 10 weeks. I will keep going as long as possible, hopefully at least a year.2. FTM, STM, Other?  FTM3. Honest opinions on supplementing?  If it's absolutely necessary, do what you need to do. I do think it's sad when moms who want to BF are encouraged to supplement before all other remedies for their issue(s) are exhausted. 4. Nursing in public - do you cover or no?  I do, but because I'm both kind of a private person and insecure of being judged around certain conservative company5. Favorite nursing position?  Cradle/cross-cradle6. Do you pump? What's your pump-of-choice?  No, but I'll start soon. 7. Best part of breastfeeding for you?  Free food for baby! 8. Worst part of breastfeeding for you?  I can't leave him with a sitter yet because I don't have pumped milk and haven't introduced a bottle yet... 9. Working mom or stay at home?  Unemployed, so SAH right now Embarrassed10. Galactagogues that worked for you?  What?11. Something that kills your supply?  Not eating enough and not drinking enough water. I have to be very conscious about it these days.12. Words of advice for any new or struggling breastfeeding mother?  It will not always be like this. Because it can't. You will survive this. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • CLLDLLCLLDLL member

1. How long have you been breastfeeding? What are your goals? 7 months one week one day - goal is absolutely committed to 9 months, would be really happy with 1 year, would consider nursing early morning & evenings until 2 if LO wants to.

2. FTM, STM, Other? STM (7 year old & 7 month old)

3. Honest opinions on supplementing? I personally will avoid if at all possible, but I did feed my older son formula so obviously I see where there is a place for it.  I would never judge a mom who felt supplementing was the right decision for her & her LO.

4. Nursing in public - do you cover or no? Up until about a week ago I covered.  Last week I NIP coverless at the zoo & it was fine.  I will probably go coverless from now on.  So much easier than fighting LO.

5. Favorite nursing position? cradle or cross cradle

6. Do you pump? What's your pump-of-choice? Yes 3-4 times a day.  I use a Medela Symphony at work (work provides it) and an Ameda PY Ultra at home.  I get about the same amount of milk out of both, the hospital grade is just a bit faster.

7. Best part of breastfeeding for you? The milky smiles during late night sessions.

8. Worst part of breastfeeding for you? Pumping

10. Galactagogues that worked for you? oatmeal, flax seed, apple cidar - although this maybe more about relaxing me than actually increasing milk production

11. Something that kills your supply?clogged ducts

12. Words of advice for any new or struggling breastfeeding mother? set short term goals - like I won't quit today or I'm going to make it two more days - once you accomplish that (and celebrate it!) set a new short term goal.  Don't think about how long 6 months or 1 year or whatever is. 

image imageimageimage

• imageSidraJedi:

3. Honest opinions on supplementing? *flame alert* Formula is for emergencies only, its over-used. Most formulas (all 4 brands that WIC offer for instance) are made with GMO soy or milk from rbgh treated cows, so formula can be poison. Unfortunately for most parent's lifestyles (in our society/modern age-I don't mean their "selfish" choices, I mean the way life is set up for all of us now and what most of us have to do to survive/thrive) breastfeeding is too hard to do successfully and supplementing or switching to formula becomes tempting. Two of my dear friends FF (both kids weaned before I had DD) and I am sympathetic to their situations, but now that I've been through it - and it hasn't been easy - I believe they could have breastfed with the right support from society and individuals. Ultimately our culture is not BF friendly! 

I agree with the bolded. 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • MomtoHMomtoH member

1. How long have you been breastfeeding? What are your goals? I've been EBFing since she was 6 weeks old.  I EPed the first 6 weeks.  My goal is when she wants to stop at this point.  I'll probably start encouraging her to wean if she's still nursing at 2 or 2.5.

2. FTM, STM, Other? STM

3. Honest opinions on supplementing? I personally wouldn't unless I had to, but I see nothing wrong with supplementing.

4. Nursing in public - do you cover or no? I try to throw a blanket on my shoulder to kind of cover, but don't use a cover.

5. Favorite nursing position? Laying down because that means I'm sleeping ;)

6. Do you pump? What's your pump-of-choice? I used to.  I preferred my Avent Twin pump to my PISA.

7. Best part of breastfeeding for you? It's easy and I just love it.  Other than my short stint EPing, I don't know anything else.

8. Worst part of breastfeeding for you? nothing I guess.  I really love BFing.

9. Working mom or stay at home? WAH

10. Galactagogues that worked for you? More Milk Plus tincture

11. Something that kills your supply? Nothing other than having the stomach flu.

12. Words of advice for any new or struggling breastfeeding mother?It gets easier.  In the beginning, BFing was absolutely miserable.  I cried because she was in the NICU and I couldn't nurse her.  I cried when we got home because she wouldn't latch and my nipples were bleeding.  I cried when I EPed because I hated it so much.  By 10 weeks it was much easier, yet I still felt unsure and clumsy even though she was #2.  By 4-5 months, I felt like a pro and nursing was the easiest thing ever.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
  • imagesouthernbear:

1. How long have you been breastfeeding? What are your goals?  Not BFing, EPing.  Baby couldn't.

2. FTM, STM, Other?  FTM

3. Honest opinions on supplementing?  I really don't like it, but if that's what helps baby grow, I can live with it.

6. Do you pump? What's your pump-of-choice?  Ameda Purely Yours double electric

8. Worst part of breastfeeding for you?  That I can't.

9. Working mom or stay at home?  Working school teacher

11. Something that kills your supply?  No liquid

12. Words of advice for any new or struggling breastfeeding mother? Keep trying.  Don't beat yourself up if it doesn't work out. You are not a failure.  It happens.

I am no longer BF'ing.  My goal was at least a year.  I clung to one last nightly feeding until then.  My supply tanked at 9 months. 

2. FTM, STM, Other?

FTM

If my baby needs formula bc of my shitty supply, then so be it.  I never wanted to have to supplement, but I had to get over it.

I rarely ever NIP.  If I was out and about, it was easier for me to go to the car for 10 minutes.  I just used a burp cloth of small receiving blanket to cover when I did.

Laying down?  I don't know the "name" for that.

I pumped at work from 11 weeks-1 year.  I rented a Medela Symphony until DD was 6m, then had summer break, then just used a single electric one due to budget.  With DD 2.0, I will be purchasing a Medela double electric.

The closeness.  I especially loved morning and before-bed sessions.

My supply tanked when I returned to work.  Had I not pumped so much from the time I get DD home to build a good freezer stash, I never would have made it as long as I did.  I was so angry that I couldn't do enough to keep my supply up.   

Working Mom 

I guess Fenugreek helped somewhat.  So did the Mother's Milk tea.  Just not enough...

Working FT in a position that does not support BF'ing or allow ample opportunity for pumping. 

YOU CAN MAKE IT!!  It'd worth it!  BUT, if the dtress of pumping/bf'ing is overwhelming, you have options.  This, I'm sure is unpopular on this board, but please know that you have not failed your baby if you are unable to ebf. 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"