Adoption

Update on Newborn Care Class

So, the hospital called me based on my evaluation--- and they are going to be refunding our money. I also took the opportunity to explain to them why the class wasn't ok for adoptive parents and how, although breastfeeding is of course a super important thing, that spending a full 90 minutes of a 2 hour class on BFing, when it's not advertised seems a bit like overkill.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Re: Update on Newborn Care Class

• Good for you and other PAPs. I hope they actually follow up with the instructor. Hopefully this won't happen again.
    Pursing Domestic Infant Adoption through a local agency. In the meantime, our dog is our baby.  Bumping from Portland, Oregon. 
  • Good for you, and for every other PAP who might take that class. And thank you for posting your experience. Based on your post, I contacted the instructor of the class we registered for -- turns out, we would likely have had a similar experience as you.  We are now registered for a different class. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • I am glad that you followed through and hopeful it will make changes for the next PAP.

Mother of two wonderful boys! Blessed through adoption.

• I am so glad they reacted so positvely instead of defensive.....A+ to the hospital for making things right. Hopefully, they will do something about the course description and/or curriculum.

BTW, I <3 you for speaking out.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageGinger71:

I am so glad they reacted so positvely instead of defensive.....A+ to the hospital for making things right. Hopefully, they will do something about the course description and/or curriculum.

BTW, I <3 you for speaking out.

It's impossible to keep me quiet--- wait until you see the letter I'm sending to the agency post-finalization.

Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • I'm glad you did this!  We'll be taking a "babycare only" class -- it's not supposed to cover BFing, but we'll see.

My feet and Miss Heidi the rescue mutt!

15 treatment cycles: four early m/c
    Moving forward with domestic infant adoption!

Home study approved 5/13, now just waiting...

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"