Breastfeeding
Options

PISA with battery pack

I have yet to use my battery pack and usually plug it into an outlet, though sometimes I feel trapped because I obviously can't go far.  Has anyone used the battery pack?  Do you recommended rechargeable batteries?  How long do the batteries last?

Re: PISA with battery pack

• Options

I've only used it a few times when my adapter died, so Duracell worked just fine for me.

Unless you will be pumping in the car every day or something like that, I wouldn't bother with rechargable batteries.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    I've used it a few times. Probably 4 or 5 times in a car and then once when the power went out. I don't think the power is as strong so I plug it into the wall.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    imageMissNikki007:

I've only used it a few times when my adapter died, so Duracell worked just fine for me.

Unless you will be pumping in the car every day or something like that, I wouldn't bother with rechargable batteries.

I have found the batteries work for 3-4 20 minute pump sessions before the suction is compromised. I always have a set of batteries in my PISA bag just in case. Once, the outlet in the room I was pumping didn't work, so I was glad to have the backup.

If you are regularly pumping in the car, medela makes a car adapter, which I use and highly recommend.

Lilypie Breastfeeding tickers
  • Options
    imageWinomama:
    imageMissNikki007:

I have found the batteries work for 3-4 20 minute pump sessions before the suction is compromised. I always have a set of batteries in my PISA bag just in case. Once, the outlet in the room I was pumping didn't work, so I was glad to have the backup.

If you are regularly pumping in the car, medela makes a car adapter, which I use and highly recommend.

Agreed.  And the car adapter is much more similar to the outlet in terms of power.  I found I had to turn the suction WAY up when using the battery pack.

June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    NoeliaVNoeliaV member
    +1 on the "I don't think the batteries give as much power/suction as plugging it into the wall" thing.

The next time I have to pump and travel, I'm buying the car adapter.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    BFP: 12/20/13 EDD: 08/23/14 (discovered m/c at 8w5d)
    BFP: 09/22/14 EDD: 06/06/15 (hoping for our rainbow)
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    MBush4MBush4 member
    While I usually use the wall adapter now, when I first got my pump I only had the battery pack. I love using the battery pack when I need to get stuff done or when LO does NOT want to stay put. That way I can put the bag on my shoulder and do what needs to get done while pumping. I use rechargeable batteries and think it's great.

Daisypath - (2EEx)

Lilypie - (CszI)

• Options
    meganwvmeganwv member
    I went ahead and bought the car adapter because I was afraid the batteries wouldn't last. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"