April 2013 Moms

Let's play a game...

It's called How Much Sleep Did You Get Last Night? Bonus points of you're so tired you have no idea how much sleep you got!

I slept from about 10:30 to 11:30, 1:30 to 3am, then 4:30 to 5:30am. 3 and a half hours of broken sleep just doesn't cut it when you have a newborn and toddler!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Let's play a game...

• I'm with you.. Except I don't have a toddler, too!
    CafeMom Tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • About 4.5 hours broken.  She nursed for two hours on and off from 9-11:30, again at 2, 4:15 and 6:30.  Hopefully we can both take a nap this afternoon. 

BFP #1: 08/17/2012  DD1 born 05/01/2013

BFP #2: 07/31/2015  M/C 09/23/2015 (11.5 weeks)

BFP #3: 12/16/2015 DD2 born 8/27/2016
  • Loading the player...
  • DD is 9 days old and last night was by far, the best we've had.

I slept from 10:30 to 1, 1:45 to 4 and 5 to 7. 6.5 glorious hours. I credit it to the first night of using the miracle blanket and pray the trend continues!
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I think I lose at time game and I'm ok with that :) Kieran slept from 9 till 3:30 and then from 4:30 till 8. I slept from 10 till 3:30 and 6 till 8, so 7 1/2 hours! Best sleep I've gotten in a while and i feel great. Take that insomnia!

• I slept 11 to 1 didn't go back to sleep till 230, 230 till 4 didn't go back to sleep till 530 up at 630 then 730 then slept with one eye open until now because she is on my chest because she gets up when I put her down. Not all nights are like this so I shouldn't complain but I will..MAN AM I TIRED!
  • About 4 hours of broken sleep, but I don't have a toddler. Isn't life grand? said with lots of sarcasm. Seriously I love DD to pieces but I sure would like some sleep.
  • 1030 to 1, 2 to 4, 430 to 815. I'm a happy loser in this game!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickersLilypie Third Birthday tickers
    imageimageimage
  • Just the past 2 nights have we been able to sleep from 10:30 to 3 then 3:30 to 6:30 and now 7 to 8 so I pretty much got my 8 hours in. It feels amazing.
  • 8 hours broken by one pumping session. DH fed LO. Still tired somehow... sorry.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

• I slept from 11p 12a then 12:30a to 3a and then sometime after 5a to 6:30a. I already got one kid off to school, thankfully she takes a bus that comes to our drive way! And I am trying to get my other kid ready for school as the baby finally sleeps in my arms. He's usually a decent sleeper, gets up and eats and goes back to bed. Last night was our first night in my bedroom so I think that threw him off. We flooded a few weeks ago and our rooms are finally repaired.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Slept from 11:30 to 4:45! Fed DD and then up again at 7:30. My toddler let me sleep in.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD2 is a wonderful sleeper. She slept 8pm-2am (actually she didn't wake up; i heard her poop so i woke her) then 2:30-6:30am. And she's now sleeping again, but I am up for the day with ToddlerWonder.
  • Reese has gotten better. Up at 1:30 and 5:30. Unfortunately, I couldn't fall back to sleep after the feeding at 5:30 and when I did get up it was to a sick dog.
    Married 6/4/11
    Reese born 3/23/13
    Due 9/14/16

BabyFruit Ticker
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • I got about 4.5 broken hours. I would've had more but a drunk driver wrecked on our street and flipped her car into our yard. so we called tge police and went out to check the car. Somehow the girl got herself out of the car and was stumbling around. So we had cop cars and flashing lights outside our house for 2 hours. And of course this happened on a night DD slept longer than normal
    It's always something right?
  • My DD went down form 10:00-12:30, 1:25-3:30 and was up by 4:45 for the day!  So 5 hours... not including the time I took out of that to pump every feeding!! Uh I love my DD and she is worth it but I would love some sleep!
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Hmmm, I slept 1:30 - 4, 5 - 6:30, and 7:30 - 9:30, so 6 hours total. Not too bad, I think!
  • Last night was awesome after days of very very bad.

I slept from 730 to 830 while DH did baby duty

Then I went to bed with LO at 1130 and she didn't wake up till 415. A little too log but as I'm not feelin bad because today I feel amazing.

After DH left for work we went back to bed from 745 to 9.

;

• imagecmcmillan0901:
    I got about 4.5 broken hours. I would've had more but a drunk driver wrecked on our street and flipped her car into our yard. so we called tge police and went out to check the car. Somehow the girl got herself out of the car and was stumbling around. So we had cop cars and flashing lights outside our house for 2 hours. And of course this happened on a night DD slept longer than normal It's always something right?

Whoa, that's crazy! Hope she was ok (and learned her lesson)! 

• We went to sleep at 10:30. She woke up at 12:00, 2:00, 4:40, and 6:30 to nurse. We bedshare though so I don't really have to move to feed her, and she always falls back asleep by the end of the feeding. When she woke up at 6:30, DH took her and let me sleep til 9:30. So...probably 9 hrs? I have it pretty good.
    Anneliese Olive 11/5/09
    Hazel Dianna 1/8/11
    Luna Valentine 4/25/13

• I had the most sleep last night that I've had all week, I am so thankful for that!

Mia slept from 9:45pm to 1:35am, 2am to 4am, 4:30 to 7:30am and I just nursed, burped and changed her dipe and she's currently comfort nursing and looking sleepy. I count 8hrs of sleep in a few chunks for me, yipee! The most I've had this week was 4 hrs in 2 to 3 chunks. Last night was a blessing from the heavens!

I propped her up 30 degrees with a wedge on our bed after I nursed her side lying last night to hopefully help with her, I suspect, silent reflux and am crossing my fingers this will help her get some relief and much needed sleep!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Oh, fun! Lets see... About 12 to 3, 4 to 530, and 630 to 730. I am lucky... No other children, and a husband home on paternity leave who is used to working night shifts.
  • Frank is actually sleeping really well. We slept from 10:30-3:00 then from 4:00-7:30. Which is about how I was sleeping at the end of my pregnancy so its totally manageable. 

Much better than DS1 who didn't sleep more than an hour at a time until he was 6 months or so.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I'm almost embarrassed to say how much sleep I got! DH does the first MOTN feeding, and it ended up being the only one! DD woke around 3, DH fed her, then she woke a little after 7:30, I fed her, and she passed out again, so I laid back down and we didn't wake up until 10:30!! Happy early Mother's Day to me! I would LOVE for this to become habit!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    AnniversaryBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Kate_CKate_C member
    DD slept from 9:15 until 2:30. Then she got a wicked case of hiccups after eating, but slept from 3:30 to 6. We went back to bed after DH left for work and took DS to daycare. DD slept from 7:30 to 11! I feel like we won the lottery with this one. DS didn't sleep for more than 6 hours until he was 10 months. I was sooooo tired. I think there is hope for sleep with this one!
  • DD gave me a great stretch from 9:30-2:30..... But I did not get to sleep until 11:15... Then she woke up at 2:30 and went back down from 3:15 until 5:45. I fed her and stayed up with her until 8 and then went back to bed until 10.... So I slept a little less than 8 broken hours. No complaints here. DH typically gets up with her in the AM but I let him sleep today because he was so painfully exhausted yesterday. 

"I won't give up on us, even if the skies get rough, I'm giving you all my love, I"m still looking up."
    TTC #1 since August 2011 MFI Diagnosis - April 2012
    IVF #1 - July 2012 - Stims start 7/2, ER 7/12, 20 retrieved, 16 mature, 13 fertilized!
    ET - 7/17 - 1 blast transferred. Beta - 7/26 273, Beta 2 7/30 - 1143. Beta 3 8/6 - 11,597
    12/25 - Santa tells us "IT'S A GIRL!" EDD - April 4th

Our Little Easter Bunny has arrived!

Molly Mildred born 03/31/13

TTC A Sibling....... FET #1 11/14/14, Transferred one beautiful blast

Remaining four frosties arrested due to "embryologist error"

Plllllleasssee stick little icicle.....Beta 11/23...BFN

Starting ALL over with a fresh IVF cycle

Stims start 11/28/14, ER December 10th, 13 eggs retrieved, 11 mature, only 4 fertilized 

1 Blast Transferred on December 15th..... Beta Christmas Eve... Please Santa, bring me a baby!

Beta #1 345.....Beta #2....750/ First U/S 1/13/15/HB 131....EDD 9/2/2015

• elbouelbou member
    I'm in the no-idea-how-much camp, but I'm pretty sure I won't get any bonus points for it! DS sleeps in our bed with us, so when he wakes up, I don't even bother looking at the time...I just pull him closer and get him started on the boob. I usually fall asleep while he's nursing. So suffice it to say...I get a decent amount of sleep pretty much every night. If I wake up tired, it's usually because I stayed up too late the night before.

• Hmm, I think of it in terms of when dd eats and goes into her crib, but last night was pretty good. I slept from about 11-2:30.  She fell asleep pretty quickly after bf, so I was back in bed before 3:30 until 5:30. Another unusually quick feed let me go back to sleep until dd1 woke up unusually late at 7:30.  So about 6.5 broken hours, but felt good and was able to get out and about today, even a little exercise in!  It's making up for the night before when she was up to eat every 2 hours which meant like 3 broken hours for me
  • I'll try to remember........around four to five overnight all stretched out. Then SO lets me sleep two and a half hours when he gets home in the morning.  

I never get more than two and a half hours at a time.  

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageOoglybear:
    DD2 is a wonderful sleeper. She slept 8pm-2am (actually she didn't wake up; i heard her poop so i woke her) then 2:30-6:30am. And she's now sleeping again, but I am up for the day with ToddlerWonder.

im just wondering how your DD2, and I'm sure some others LO too, sleeps so long? I know each baby is different, but don't they hav to eat every few hours when theyre so young? Our LO is 3 weeks and 2 days.  We're up every 3-4 hours to nurse. I'm EBF if that makes a difference

thanks! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic

• SRK128SRK128 member

9-11 12-3 4-7 

Brandon was great last night and he did the entire night shift!  

Married to Brandon since 2/14/06
    Twin Girls born on January 1st 2012:Brooklyn Avery(Brooke) & Eliana Meredith(Ellie)
    Ellie and Brooke both have Juvenile Diabetes
    Adopted a Brother and Sister in January of 2012
    Levi Ryan-October 25th 2007 and Caroline Paige(Carly)-July 23rd 2009
    Jonah Samuel born April 21st 2013
    Expecting Baby #6-June 2014!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"