Babies: 0 - 3 Months

DS only naps when I hold him

Help me break this cycle! ?He will only sleep at night, not during the day. ?It's like he's the freaking energizer bunny! ?He's only 6 weeks old! ?I can't get anything done. ?He hates the swing, bouncer, etc.?

Re: DS only naps when I hold him

• It's pretty common at this point.  All I can tell you is as soon as you know he's in a deep sleep, put him down maybe on top of a blanket and his boppy on the floor?

That worked for us. 

• My DS is older but he will not nap unless we hold him either. He can be sounds asleep and the minute I put him down he is wide awake. Sorry, I don't have any advice for you but at least you're not alone. :)
  • Loading the player...
  • Something that helped me with Evan (I didn't know about slings and wraps when he was born, but that's all I use for Abby's naps now), was if I needed to lay him down, I'd warm up his bassinett (or my bed, wherever he was going to lay) with a hot water bottle...I think going from Mama's warm arms to a relatively cool bed or crib or cradle, may be shocking to some babies. It worked for Evan for a while, anyway.
  • my DD did this also the first month or so.  i kept putting her down and eventually she is able to sleep on her own.  i think its just a phase and it will get better.  you could also try a baby bjorn or other carrier so you can get things done while he naps.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"