September 2012 Moms

s/o top of stairs gate

I have no idea what we are going to do for the upstairs. We have a tiny hallway in our townhouse, and the wall opens to the right before the last step so we can't go from wall to wall. There's also no banister at the top.

Basically I think we need something in an L shape, but with the short part only being a couple inches, 5 at the max I think. Anything bigger and we can't move around upstairs.

Any suggestions?
Little B 9.20.12

Re: s/o top of stairs gate

• If we angle it, it would leave open enough space on the first step for DS to slide through and go down. The way these stairs were designed was not with baby gates in mind!
    Little B 9.20.12
  • Can you put up a picture?
    image Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Is there a banister? The bottom of our stairs is weird and we actually have a baby gate slid between the railings one stair up. Its not bomb proof by any means, we just slide it to the side when going up or down. Keagan figured it out around 18 months, but it was better than nothing. 

View Full Size Image  View Full Size Image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • hmp1hmp1 member

imagenoloveintennis:
    Can you put up a picture?

This. I'm having a hard time figuring out the set up. Can you put the gate on the second step instead of the first?  

James Sawyer 12.3.10
    Leo Richard 9.20.12 

• StasiStasi member
    imagehmp&mrj:

imagenoloveintennis:
    Can you put up a picture?

This. I'm having a hard time figuring out the set up. Can you put the gate on the second step instead of the first?  

This is what I was thinking based on what the OP said...maybe the wall on the outside of the stairs ends before the actual stairs do..if that's the case, I wouldn't worry about having a stair or two not gated, just as long as LO can't get up enough stairs to really do damage if they fell backward...MOTY award right here :)

Katherine Quinn | 9.16.2012 | 38w4d

Ryan Lanman | 9.12.2014 | 40w

2 Losses | 10/2010 @ 5w | 9/2013 @ 10w4d
    Little Sprout Blog

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"