May 2013 Moms

Couple part labor question

I am reasonably certain that I am in the early stages of labor, and am 41 weeks today. I am well aware that if I can still bump about it, it's not time to go/call.

My question is: I seem to be having what I can only describe as double wave contractions. As soon as the first starts to subside, a second rolls in. Then I get about 8 to 10 miinutes between, depending on how carefully I watch them. Has anyone else had these "double" contractions? Google says this means I'm in transition, but if so, this is the easiest labor ever, so I really think Google is wrong.

Second question: we have an OB in the family coming in from about 6 hours away. Is 8 to 10 minutes apart too early to call, or can I wait till a more reasonable hour, like maybe 6 or 7 am.

Edit: sorry for the length! It didn't seem so long in my head! Also, to clarify, said OB will NOT be delivering, simply attending the birth as labor support.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Couple part labor question

• I would call L&D and ask first, I'm sure they can give you better advice than Dr. Google or the few bumpies who are online right now. Good luck!
    She is here! 5-29-13

• imageAllieAGame:
    I would call L&D and ask first, I'm sure they can give you better advice than Dr. Google or the few bumpies who are online right now. Good luck!

I'd do this.  Best to ask those in the know.   

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • If you are having 8 to 10 minutes of relief in between contractions, you aren't having double contractions. Double contractions are literally on top of each other. You might get 30 seconds to a minute of relief, if that.
  • The "double" contractions may be helping to position baby properly.  Call the OB in your family and tell them what's going on.  They'll know when to come.  Also, call L&D just to get their opinion on what's happening.  
  • imagebotanicalbliss:
    The "double" contractions may be helping to position baby properly. nbsp;Call the OB in your family and tell them what's going on. nbsp;They'll know when to come. nbsp;Also, call Lamp;D just to get their opinion on what's happening. nbsp;

All of this. But also adding that I would say I had the double contractions and they went from 8 to 10 minutes to 3 in about 30 minutes. So I would say call and get an opinion. Or go for a walk and see if they get closer. But stay close to home if you walk.
  • I'd call.   Calling isn't the same thing as going in.   You just need to get expert advice now.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"