June 2013 Moms

red raspberry leaf tea

Just enjoying my first cup of red raspberry leaf tea with honey and cream.  So good! I spoke with a FTM today who told me her labor was FOUR HOURS and that she drank it regularly.  I drove immediately to the store after reading up about it online and bought some.  Anyone had experience with short or easier labor after drinking this regularly? 
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
Anniversary       

Re: red raspberry leaf tea

• skioskio member
    One can only hope, right? I'm praying that drinking this will help make labor faster and more effective than last time. Or, at the very least, if I end in c/s again, that my recovery won't suck so bad.

FWIW, I was told I need to drink 4 to 5 eight ounce cups a day for it to do anything. I've been making pitchers of iced tea with it and having one big hot cup a day with honey.
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • I've been drinking the Earth Mama Angel Baby 3rd Tri tea for a few weeks now. It is actually really good! It only says to drink 1-3 cups a day, so I have been trying to get in two.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1: 6.26.12 EDD: 2.11.13 missed m/c: 7.31.12 @ 12 weeks
    BFP #2: 10.1.12 EDD: 6.11.13 Born 6.13.13
    photo 2546f8b6-17f6-4b55-b007-93a547c620b8.jpg

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I drank a ton last time until I found out I needed a section, then I stopped because I figured it was pointless. That being said I went into labor before the section and it seemed pretty easy for the 10 hours I was in labor so who knows! All I know is that I don't really like it and I am forcing 3 cups a day now and know its supposed to be more like 4 to 5 cups to be useful.
    Random RRL tea question though: is it, well, cleaning anyone else out? I swear since I started drinking it 2 weeks ago I have been running to the bathroom 4 or 5 times a day. Last time I used loose tea and it never happened and now I am using tea bags but I can't imagine that would make a difference!

• I know, I realized I only bought a box of 24 tea bags, and it was NOT cheap ($8.99).  That will last me a week....
    Anniversary       

• don't know about the bathroom thing, yet. I'll have to get back with you :) 
    Anniversary       

• imagecalikat80:
    Random RRL tea question though: is it, well, cleaning anyone else out? I swear since I started drinking it 2 weeks ago I have been running to the bathroom 4 or 5 times a day. Last time I used loose tea and it never happened and now I am using tea bags but I can't imagine that would make a difference!

I believe RRL is high in magnesium.  That might be the culprit!  :)

photo bffbc5ae-9d71-4881-9c49-419ebb53d956_zps9ce18766.jpg BabyFruit Ticker
  • I bought some and have been meaning to drink it but can't seem to squeeze it in. I am going to have to start this week. My mom had a 4 hour labor with me so I am hopeful I don't need it but I'll try anything!
    ~ ~ ~ ~  ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    imageimage
  • skioskio member
    imagejo27key:
    I know, I realized I only bought a box of 24 tea bags, and it was NOT cheap 8.99. nbsp;That will last me a week....

I decided to buy the loose tea and I got this HUGE bag from amazon for 12 bucks. It will last me a long, long time, lol. I don't think I realized how much a pound of loose tea is, but the bag is easily 14x10 or so.

I use a tea ball for when I want it hot and I just throw the loose tea into a pot of boiling water for making the iced version, then let it steep and pour it through a coffee filter into a pitcher, and add cold water until its a good strength.
    imagePregnancy Ticker
  • Oh, it has definitely been cleaning me out! At first I didn't realize what the culprit was!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    BFP #1: 6.26.12 EDD: 2.11.13 missed m/c: 7.31.12 @ 12 weeks
    BFP #2: 10.1.12 EDD: 6.11.13 Born 6.13.13
    photo 2546f8b6-17f6-4b55-b007-93a547c620b8.jpg

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • SLaBM2BSLaBM2B member

imageskio:
    imagejo27key:
    I know, I realized I only bought a box of 24 tea bags, and it was NOT cheap 8.99. nbsp;That will last me a week....
    I decided to buy the loose tea and I got this HUGE bag from amazon for 12 bucks. It will last me a long, long time, lol. I don't think I realized how much a pound of loose tea is, but the bag is easily 14x10 or so. I use a tea ball for when I want it hot and I just throw the loose tea into a pot of boiling water for making the iced version, then let it steep and pour it through a coffee filter into a pitcher, and add cold water until its a good strength.

thanks for this. I will buy it tmrw 

SURPRISE! BFP: 12/2014 - EDD: 8/13/15

We made plans and God laughed

DS: BFP: 9/30/12 - EDD: 6/9/13

Radley Quinn was fashionably late via induction on 6/17/13

• SLaBM2BSLaBM2B member

imageskio:
    One can only hope, right? I'm praying that drinking this will help make labor faster and more effective than last time. Or, at the very least, if I end in c/s again, that my recovery won't suck so bad. FWIW, I was told I need to drink 4 to 5 eight ounce cups a day for it to do anything. I've been making pitchers of iced tea with it and having one big hot cup a day with honey.

this?

https://www.amazon.com/Frontier-Raspberry-Certified-Organic-Ounce/dp/B001VNGO9G/ref=sr_1_4?s=grocery&ie=UTF8&qid=1368064738&sr=1-4&keywords=red+raspberry+leaf+tea

SURPRISE! BFP: 12/2014 - EDD: 8/13/15

We made plans and God laughed

DS: BFP: 9/30/12 - EDD: 6/9/13

Radley Quinn was fashionably late via induction on 6/17/13

• skioskio member
    SLaB, here's the link to the stuff I bought; meant to post it earlier!

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B001A1VIFE/ref=mp_s_a_1?qid=1368060179sr=85pi=SL75
    imagePregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"