3rd Trimester

last minute poundage...what?!

So...this is kind of a rant, but I'd been gaining pretty steadily throughout the pregnancy, not stressing and just trying to eat healthy but also enjoying a few treats now and then and between 39 and 40 weeks I gained 5 pounds in one week, WHAT?!  Has this happened to anyone else? I also look and feel like baby just tripled in size--doc says I'm fine and baby's good, but I think it was more of a shock to see the number jump that much on the scale.

Re: last minute poundage...what?!

• I'm having severe swelling in my feet and legs...my doctor isn't concerned though. I gained 6 pounds last week just from water weight! So I definitely feel your pain!
  • yeah--my ankles swelled around 37 weeks and I've also had achy fingers (sometimes I wake up with totally numb hands) but my dr. says I'm okay, so I'm guessing a lot of it is water.....that and baby is getting super roly-poly in there!
  • Loading the player...
  • With my last pregnancy I gained right at the end; it was mostly water. You could really see it in my face with the puffiness and auxiliary chin. If your doc isn't worried an it's not BP related, you'll probably pee and sweat it all out shortly after delivery. :D

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Monster Truck (It's a GIRL!) is due 19/02/2015!

BabyFetus Ticker

• From the beginning to week 36 I had gained 10 lbs.  From week 36-37 I gained 4.  Freaked out.  MW was not worried. However, at my appointment last week (38 w) I was down 2.5 from the 37 week check.  I don't know what happened. We'll see tomorrow where I am. 

I'm measuring perfectly and LO seems to be doing well.  I just wish he weren't so comfortable and wanted to get out. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • It's probably water weight!  I remember that happened to me with DD.  I'm actually nervous to go to my 36 appt today in fear that I've packed on 10lbs our something.  With our water rentention towards the end and our swelling, we're bound to pack on a few extra, I'm sure!  No worries, you'll shed it quickly after delivery!
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • lisamoelisamoe member
    I feel your pain!  I'm not there yet, but last pregnancy my last week I gained 6 lbs!! It was all water weight, but still!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"