January 2013 Moms

I sometimes hate people...

So I was in Hallmark with C this afternoon looking for a card for my MIL when an older woman comes up to coo at C. It happens, he's adorable, so I stopped and answered her questions.

Yes, he's big for 13 weeks.

Yes, he's breastfed.

Yes, he sleeps well.

Yes, I'm a lucky momma to have such a great baby. 

NO, I AM NOT HAVING IRISH TWINS!!!!!

She seriously patted my stomach and asked if I was having Irish twins. ISHITYOUNOT! I wanted to cry. I have four more pounds to lose. Four. I know I'm a little squishy now, but seriously... that stung. A lot. I'm still sad. 

I'm going to go eat cheesecake now. It's obviously not worth it to lose all the weight if I still look knocked up. :( 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: I sometimes hate people...

• Oh my goodness! Is that lady crazy!?How rude!

As hard as it may be don't let it get you down, some people just open up there mouth and insert foot. Only having 4 lbs left to lose is pretty awesome!

But by all means enjoy some cheesecake!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • OUCH! What is wrong with some people!?? Don't let stupid comments get you down.

Months before I ever got pregnant my grandmother put her hand on my tummy and asked if I was expecting... I was so appalled! And then... when I was 6 months along and just starting to show through clothes better... and was so proud of my bump? "You've got almost nothing there." was her comment. Ugh! Can't win!!

Also, I get the big for his age comment all the time too. What?

• Loading the player...
  • Old people are weird.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • ObLaDiObLaDi member
    Oh man, that stings. I'm sorry!

I definitely still look a solid 6 months pregnant if I'm sitting. Standing is better, but still... I live in fear of the moment when someone asks. My hypothetical plan is to say "no, are you?" But I don't think I'd actually have the balls.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I've been waiting for the day and had witty comebacks but it took me so by surprised I was blindsided and just said No! And she commented like Oh. It's still from this baby.
    Yes still this baby. I'm not Holly Madison or Heidi Klum. I can't be in a bikini in two months! If I had access to plastic surgery and a personal trainer then maybe. Ugh.
    Now I'm worried about seeing my husband this weekend.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"