October 2012 Moms

Down to 2 naps yet?

Any of your LOs transitioned from 3 naps/day to 2 naps?  I read that some babies will start cutting down to 2 naps by 6 months?

If so, did your LO's overnight sleep duration and the naps duration change (longer/shorter)?  What about awake time?

How many hours of overnight sleep and how long are the 2 naps?

--------------------------------

I can't imagine DS going down to 2 naps anytime soon (not that I'm rushing).  He's a super early riser (5-5:30a) so he takes his first nap by 8am!  He's usually down for his second nap by 12noon, so he definitely needs a third nap around 4pm.  He only sleeps 9.5-10 hours at night... really hoping he can sleep longer/later but he wakes up at 5:15am happy as a clam and stay awake for 2.5 hours.  [He naps for a total of 4-4.5 hours so he sleeps 14hrs/day on average.]

I can't foresee how he will transition to 2 naps unless he sleeps longer/later overnight??? 

TTC since 10/2008  RE consult 6/2010 Dx:Unexplaied IF

Failed multiple cycles of Clomid+TI and Clomid+IUI

3/2011 inj+IUI #1 BFP. 4/2011 missed m/c. 

Fall 2011 inj+IUI #2&3 BFN

Jan/Feb 2012 IVF#1 BFP 2/23  EDD 10/31/2012 ~~~ Halloween ~~~

Our IVF miracle, Baby Boy M, arrived on 11/8/2012!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Down to 2 naps yet?

• R is sort of on 2 naps...depends on the day, he's up at least 2 hrs between if not 2 1/2, if he does two really good naps 2-3 hrs that will be it.  Otherwise he sometimes still gets a 3rd if one is not so good.
    Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers 

CafeMom Tickers

Married the love of my life 7/11/09 - Our first baby, Peyton Mark, was born sleeping 10/25/11 at 33 weeks - Our second baby, BFP 2/4/12, welcome to the world Raylan! Holy Moly, BPF 2/4/14, please be safe and sound little one!

My Blog

• O has been getting rid of her 3rd nap recently. She still needs it though but fights it. When she doesn't take that 3rd nap, she's miserable. And getting rid of that last nap has done nothing to her night time sleep, she still gets up once around the same time.  

• Loading the player...
  • OP- That is exactly how our day is!  He's an early riser....which I hate!  But always down for his first nap by 8.  I can't see him doing 2 naps for a while.  Sometimes he even needs a 4th cat nap (maybe like 15 minutes).  I will sure be glad when he cuts a nap though because when we go places, I hate having to get him back home before he melts down for a nap!

DS born 9/25/12
    DS #2 due 6/13/16
  • hilsy85hilsy85 member
    Not even close...I think LO will drop to 2 naps when he can extend his wake time to 3 hours. RIght now we're still at 2 hours between naps. 

Anniversary

TTC #2 since July 2014
    BFP 9/27/14
    MMC discovered 10/27/14, D&C 11/4/14
  • imagembm1983:

you get more than 2 naps!?

<----jealous.

sometimes we only get 1.

i second that!

today she took 2 naps. they were 40 minutes each.... ouch! 

• No, absolutely not haha. He would fall into little pieces of baby if he only had 2 naps. Most days are 3 and some days 4.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageBrooketheCat:

Emily is still very inconsistent- sometimes 2 naps, sometimes 3. Duration varies from 45 minutes to 2 hours. Duration and number of naps, or lack there of on some days, has no bearing on her sleep at night.

Overnight is 11-12 hours 6;30-7pm to 6:30-7am) with 3ish "wake ups" to nurse. 

This is DS2 exactly, like really exactly. 

Hey I just met you, and you're my baby. This is your family, we're kind of crazy...Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie - (tl9S)Lilypie - (zrx8)imageimageimage
  • DS is definitely already 'weaning' himself to two naps per day.  He wakes-up around 6 am, then an am-nap around 8:30/9, a second around 1 pm, and then acts like he needs or wants a third nap around 5 pm, however.  The last week, consistently, he hasn't actually fallen asleep with the third nap.  It's driving me crazy, but at the same time, it makes his bedtime, just before 7 pm, pretty reliable.  So I'm happy for that.  He is sleeping slightly longer into the night -- about 11 or 12 midnight-ish.  His longest stint was to 3:30 am, but that only happened once.  After his first night-wake, he eats and falls back asleep, but it depends on how much he eats.  Sometimes he's up again right away, and a few times he's made it another four hours, or so.  

To summarize: We're in the middle of change.   

• imagembm1983:

<----jealous.

sometimes we only get 1.

Tell me about it! I'm lucky if we get one! 

• imagembm1983:

<----jealous.

sometimes we only get 1.

Tell me about it! I'm lucky if we get one! 

• LorMorLorMor member
    imagembm1983:

<----jealous.

sometimes we only get 1.

This. Very jealous! 

• imagembm1983:

<----jealous.

sometimes we only get 1.

I was thinking the same thing.  My 2 year old niece sleeps 11 hours straight at night and takes a 2.5 hour nap during the day.  My 7 month old sleeps 8 hours at night and takes 1 45 minute nap.  I've given up on any sort of correlation between ages and kids.... 

ME: 31 PCOS - DH: 32 Perfect. 
    TTC #1 started 8.2010. 
    BFP #1 3.2.11Blighted ovum, missed m/c, 4.3.11-6.22.11 Provera

BFP #2 Aug 2011 Clomid 50mg+Met missed m/c found 9w5d | cytotec 10.26.11 
    BFP #3 - CD36 - Jan. 2012 - 100mg Clomid + 2000met-  Baby Boy born 10.06.12 with 1 in a billion CHD. Perfect otherwise. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Open Heart Surgery @ 5 months old.Happy, healthy, and as normal as could be!  We thank God every day.EP/BF for 12.5 months

TTC#2 - November 2012

BFP #4:  O'd on CD25 (Aug. 2014).  DD May 6, 2015. RCS planned.
    Beta@14dpo: 184, 17dpo: 520.  44 hr. doubling time.  p4: 54U/S 8 weeks 1 day, 161 bpm
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"