Babies: 0 - 3 Months
Options

anyone have the Chicco KeyFit 30 carseat?

I absolutely HATE the carseat we have so DH and I are looking at this one. I've heard it's much lighter than others. Mine is heavy without DS in it. If you have it what do you like/dislike about it? TIA!

Re: anyone have the Chicco KeyFit 30 carseat?

• Options
    I like ours a lot, but it is heavy...not sure how it compares in weight to others.
  • Options

i think it is fine, but DS hates it.  he is all scrunched up in it and is not a fan.  and it is heavy (i think it's 9 lbs. w.out him in it).  the grace safeseat is lighter (but holds a bigger baby, like the key fit).

why don't you just get a convertible?  DS is much happier in the bigger carseat.

idk, we haven't really used the infant seat much in terms of lugging him around in it.  i just take him out and carry him or put him in my moby or the bjorn.  it seems to me like buying another infant car seat that he will outgrow quickly is a waste of $$.

Lilypie 1st Birthday Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers image
  • Loading the player...
  • Options
    I have one and like it. ?It is heavy though.
  • Options
    Love it! DS gets a little warm in it sometimes, but we live in Texas and I'm sure he'll get a little warm in anything. Also, it is a bit heavy but I don't think it matters what kind of carseat you have when you're carrying around a heavy baby. It'll always be heavy.
  • Options
    Same as every else. Love it but its heavy!
  • Options
    We have this one and I love that's it's so safe but it breaks my arm every time I try to lift it.  It is H-E-A-V-Y!

• Options
    love it!!!!  its heavy and DJ is heavy but i am still able to carry it.
  • Options
    I have the 22 and it has always been very heavy! We bought it because of safety, but really, DS has never enjoyed sitting in it. Maybe he would feel that way with every infant seat, but it could be his positon inside. DS is 21 lbs so we bought a Britax Boulevard and love it! However, it's so nice to have a place for your baby to sleep if you are out and about. If I had to suggest a new carseat to a friend I would probably suggest a Graco because they are lighter.
    Lilypie First Birthday tickersBaby Birthday Ticker Tickerv
  • Options
    i love it. ?i dont think its all that heavy.

AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers AlternaTickers - Cool free Web tickers
  • Options
    I love our Chicco.  But if your DS is on the bigger side, I would just get a convertible. 
    Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"