Babies: 0 - 3 Months

FF's

Ladies did any of your LO's get constipated on the formula you are using?  If so, did you make a formula switch?  Which formula did you switch to?  DD is very constipated on the Enfamil Lipil and the Gentlease didn't work for us.  She will not eat it.

Re: FF's

• After BF I started with Similac Advanced (just because I had a sample of that from the hospital) and she has never been constipated, so we've stuck with it! I like it, it seems to be working great for us!
  • Yes, He gets constipated sometimes.  We also use the Lipil. I tried Gentlease & that was a horrible experience.  Watery poo & gas that smelled so bad it would make me gag. I want to try other Brands but I am not sure what.  He's been going once a day this week so he may be OK now.  I am going to give it more time to see if his system is back on track.
    BFP #1 2/8/2008 - Evan born 10/3/2008 via c/s @ 38wks
    BFP #2 12/31/2010 (EDD 9/1/11) -- Natrual m/c 1/9/10
    BFP #3 12/20/2011 - EDD 8/25/12
    u/s 1/6/12 - HB & beautiful bean
    A/S 4/2 - It's a Girl!!!
    RCS on 8/20/12
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • I have my DS on Similac Sensitive and very rarely does he get constipated. ?When he is constipated,I give him an once of water or a mixture of water and juice as per his pedi.
  • imageChristinaCT:
    Yes, He gets constipated sometimes.  We also use the Lipil. I tried Gentlease & that was a horrible experience.  Watery poo & gas that smelled so bad it would make me gag. I want to try other Brands but I am not sure what.  He's been going once a day this week so he may be OK now.  I am going to give it more time to see if his system is back on track.

That was the same for us w/ the Gentlease.  She also pretty much refused to drink it after three days of trying.  We were weening off the Lipil.  She is only pooping little nuggets and straining pretty bad.  We were only using the Gentlease for about a week.  I may be trying Similac here soon.

• imagejadabull:
    I have my DS on Similac Sensitive and very rarely does he get constipated.  When he is constipated,I give him an once of water or a mixture of water and juice as per his pedi.

Is the sensitive a much thinner consistency than the advanced?  

• Jonas has never been constipated. We use Good Start w/ Natural Cultures (green can).
  • DS is on Similac Sensitive and was constipated for about 3 weeks awhile back. His only poops were rock hard and terribly painful. After trying everything the doc suggested with no results, I temporarily switched from powder to ready to feed (I heard that it could help), and it totally fixed the problem. Now I alternate his bottles, every other one is powder/ready to feed, all Similac Sensitive. Havent had a problem since and he is now very regular. HTH.
  • DD actually spit up a lot with the lipil so we got some AR which made her constipated. We now mix the 2 together and it works great for us!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"