May 2013 Moms

Feeling like she is never going to come.

The suspense is almost too much.  Anyone else having the same anxiety?  I am working full time up until she decides to come and its getting a little harder as we continue.  I was hopful she would show up by her due date monday but that is slowly starting to dwindle out.  Is anyone else having these kind of doubts?  What do you do to help?

TTC since May of 2011. DX PCOS July 2012 SA: morphology 1% motility 47%. U/S 8-20= 3 mature follicles: 56mil sperm after wash IUI #1 + 100mg of clomid + tigger=BFP 9/4 bloodwork hcg 156 progesterone 40BabyFetus Ticker My Blog

Re: Feeling like she is never going to come.

• I think we ALL feel this way--read back through the past few weeks and you'll see.

Just remember you can't be pregnant forever.  Your OB/MW will induce or figure out a way to get the baby out.  And try to find a way to distract yourself.

I know, easier said than done.  I'm there too.  All of us are. 

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Just try to remember that your labor could start at any time. Just because you feel normal right now, doesn't mean you couldn't be in labor tonight! 
    Pregnancy Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • imagemrsannie:
    Just try to remember that your labor could start at any time. Just because you feel normal right now, doesn't mean you couldn't be in labor tonight!nbsp;
    This! I'm due today. As of yesterday not dilated at all. My induction is scheduled for next wed but I'm hoping he comes before! Good luck! Working at least gives you a bit of a distraction. Since we are still living in a hotel, the highlight of our day is to run an errand or go have lunch. Today it is laundry lol.

Take care! LO will be here before you know it!

TTC #2:
    March - May 2014 - Natural cycles - no luck
    June 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    July 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    August 2014 - Clomid 50mg - BFN
    September 2014 - Clomid 50mg - Fingers crossed...

• MrsNM30MrsNM30 member

I feel your pain! I'm due the 14th and it's so hard to hear my MW say that I can have this baby from any day now till the 28th...the 28th seems so far away! I just want to meet this little kicker...we are team green so the suspense is starting to get to me!

I know I won't be pregnant forever...so that helps in remembering that L&D will happen! Smile

• imageCRLSMC2011:

I think we ALL feel this way--read back through the past few weeks and you'll see.

Just remember you can't be pregnant forever.  Your OB/MW will induce or figure out a way to get the baby out.  And try to find a way to distract yourself.

Yup, I agree. If you have a hobby, now's the time to really use that as a distraction.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • Do you have all of your TY's from any baby showers done?  Have you chosen birth announcements (of course you can't add a pic or stats yet, but some companies will let you pre order and then you just update them with a pic and stats when baby's born and they send them right to you).  What will you have to get ready when baby's born (set up PNP, get the rest of the clothes washed)?  Any last minute things to pick up (diaper cream, baby Tylenol/Motrin)?  I would just think about anything you can get ready ahead of time so your life is easier when baby comes home.  Right now I'm trying to keep the laundry as caught up as possible, while I won't be bringing a baby home with me, I know I won't want to have loads and loads of laundry after delivery (and we're looking at a RCS).

GSx1 - 05/13/2013
    GSx2 for T&B - EDD 6/21/2015 - They're having a GIRL!

babybaby
    BabyGaga
  • You are all so right!  She cant be in there forever!  If she doesnt come on her own my doc said they wait a full 11 days before inducing!  Thank you for all the great and kind words!
    TTC since May of 2011. DX PCOS July 2012 SA: morphology 1% motility 47%. U/S 8-20= 3 mature follicles: 56mil sperm after wash IUI #1 + 100mg of clomid + tigger=BFP 9/4 bloodwork hcg 156 progesterone 40BabyFetus Ticker My Blog
  • imagenikkisrf:

The suspense is almost too much.  Anyone else having the same anxiety?  I am working full time up until she decides to come and its getting a little harder as we continue.  I was hopful she would show up by her due date monday but that is slowly starting to dwindle out.  Is anyone else having these kind of doubts?  What do you do to help?

Ahhh, yes! We are due the same day and the suspense is killing me! I am also still working full time and even that is not enough of a distraction. It's almost making it worse since I can't stay comfortable at the office. Thankfully I am able to work from home so I've been working half days in the office and then coming home for the remainder of the day. My doc won't let me go a week past my due date so worst case scenario, I have less than 2 weeks left. I guess I should just suck it up and hope the baby decides to come before then!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I can relate! My due date is may 29th but feels like forever. I'm also feeling anxious to meet her and to be the best mom possible. At my in appt on mon my bp was slightly elevated wit the top number because I've been having anxiety.
  • blush64blush64 member
    I actually don't want her to come yet but I do enjoy reading birth stories. I would just keep as busy as you can comfortably be.
  • imageCRLSMC2011:

I think we ALL feel this way--read back through the past few weeks and you'll see.

Agreed to all of this. At least you are closer than some very end of the month-ers.  

imageimage

EDD 1/31/13, MC May 17. EDD 3/31/13, MC July 26. I miss you so much already my angel loves

• Boo0512Boo0512 member

imageMama-Bear:
    Do you have all of your TY's from any baby showers done?  Have you chosen birth announcements (of course you can't add a pic or stats yet, but some companies will let you pre order and then you just update them with a pic and stats when baby's born and they send them right to you).  What will you have to get ready when baby's born (set up PNP, get the rest of the clothes washed)?  Any last minute things to pick up (diaper cream, baby Tylenol/Motrin)?  I would just think about anything you can get ready ahead of time so your life is easier when baby comes home.  Right now I'm trying to keep the laundry as caught up as possible, while I won't be bringing a baby home with me, I know I won't want to have loads and loads of laundry after delivery (and we're looking at a RCS).

This. Sometimes I feel like OMG I just can't wait any longer (my EDD is next Thurs) but then I remember that I'm lucky that I still have some time to pick up last minute items and think, thank God I'm still riding solo when I run errands, it will be a thing of the past shortly!

• I feel your pain. I am three days overdue and the suspense, anticipation, anxiety, nerves and just general impatience are killing me! I'm such a planner, and it's really hard for me to not know when baby will show up. I was so sure he would be early, and then my due date came and went, and it was such a huge let down.

I too wanted to work up until I went into labor, but I finally told work today that if baby wasn't here by Friday, that would be my last day. I had really wanted to save all my leave (12 weeks) for when the baby is here, but I have reached a point where I am so emotionally and mentally drained, that I had to cry uncle. And actually, having a firm stop date feels like a huge weight off my shoulders. I am still hoping to go into labor before Friday, but I feel better knowing I'm done after that even if I don't.

The odd thing is that I'm not even all that uncomfortable physically (relatively speaking, anyway). It's just sort of an emotional drain when you have a date in mind and then it comes and goes. Yes, I know babies often come late, especially first babies, but sometimes you can't separate the rational from the emotional when it comes to such a big event in your life.

Hang in there... you're not alone!

BFP #1 10/6/11 | EDD 6/15/12 | MMC 11/7/11 @ 8w3d | D&C 11/14/11

BFP #2 8/22/12 | EDD 5/5/13 | DS1 born 5/9/13

BFP #3 4/25/15 | EDD 1/7/16 | MMC 7/2/15 @ 13w1d | D&E 7/8/15

BFP #4 12/9/15 | EDD 8/22/16 | DS2 born 5/18/16 at 26w2d

Just keep swimming.
  • Your lucky that your doc wont let you go a week past.  I hope that at our next appt. if she isnt here he wont make me wait that long.  I work 12 hour shift in the ICU so it gets insane and I am exausted by 200.  I cant imagine working at 41 weeks, yikes!
  • vic1011vic1011 member
    Agree with those who say you're lucky you won't go more than a week past.  I'm planning on 2 weeks past.
  • I'm feeling like my little one is way too comfy in the womb and doesn't want to come out lol.... Went to my appt today and my contractions were OFF THE CHARTS! ! The nurse said she wouldn't be suprised if she came into work tomorrow and the doctor told her I delivered overnight.... I was overjoyed at that comment... But my bubble burst when my OB did my internal exam and said I still was not one bit dilated!! So these contractions are basically for nothing lol..... Idk how much more I can take lol
  • I'm in the same boat (due the 15th). I've taken up painting again as a distraction... I started a little project for the nursery - a series of animal paintings using watercolors. It's helping!    :)
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"