February 2013 Moms

I now understand Mom Jeans

Because you can't wear the hip-hugger style jeans anymore after you have a baby. Especially if you had a C-section, there's this fat shelf of loose skin hanging over your low rise jeans like a floppy muffin top. So gross. LOL!
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I now understand Mom Jeans

• AHAHAHA! I totally understand as well. I have the "shelf" from my c-section too. The doctor keeps saying it will tighten up and get better but it has been 3 months!
    --Married 4 Years - PCOS - Insulin Resistant - Irregular Cycles - TTC 24mon - Metformin - Progesterone - Phentermine - 40 pounds lost - 3 rounds Clomid - DH 1% sperm morphology - BFP June 23rd - Paxton born 2/15/2013 - August 2013 Let's Have Another Baby- Charting Cycles with OPC and Charting Temps, No Ovulation Jan- Start clomid Feb 2014  --
  • Ugh the shelf sucks. I always had a little pooch there and it's horrible now. I had a gift certificate to American eagle because my brother apparently thinks I'm 17 again. Haven't shopped there in 10 years lol so I bought skinny jeans. They barely button so I use the baby belly band I had for maternity pants hah. No shame. the jeans are cute and maybe someday I will fully fit into them!
  • Loading the player...
  • Yes

It's so, so sad... lol 

Pregnancy Ticker
  • I was complaining about this to my hubby yesterday. I would love to be able to see my lady bits without having to pull my stomach out of the way first. 

On the bright side, my jeans I bought 3 weeks PP are falling down as I have officially lost 40 of my 53 lbs weight gain.... I just can't wait to lose the muffin top too! 

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Ebee27Ebee27 member
    I stored away all of my maternity shirts and full panel pants, but I kept out 2 of the demi-panel ones I had.... man, nothing beats the comfort!! And that bit of height hides the muffin top decently. I'm not too ashamed of it, but I know I need to bite the bullet and accept that I probably will never again fit in to my pre-preg jeans that I've had since High School and buy some new pants. And even if I could, it would not be a pretty sight :p 

Archer Liam - 2/6/13
    Freya Lillian - 11/15/15
  • F that shelf! I hate it!

• No joke. I'm currently wearing granny panties so big that they practically come up to my belly button and I don't even care because they hold my fat shelf in. I didn't even have a section, I've just turned into a fatty.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our Sweet Boy "LJ"
  • imagesmile55k:
    imageTheNewMrsY:
    F that shelf! I hate it!

Lol! Agreed!

Hahah! So true. Disgusted with my whole belly area. It would help if I put down the It's it's and did some crunches, but this constantly crying kid is making me stress eat.

I like cookies.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageeriannc22:
    imagesmile55k:
    imageTheNewMrsY:
    F that shelf! I hate it!
    Lol! Agreed!
    Hahah! So true. Disgusted with my whole belly area. It would help if I put down the It's it's and did some crunches, but this constantly crying kid is making me stress eat.

ugh yes, I'm having such a hard time finding time to workout!!!  

• I'm so glad I saw this post today. I am having serious muffin top fat shelf issues. WTF am I supposed to wear back to work in a week. Shopping is making me so depressed.
    I have been trying on pants two sizes above what I wore before and they still look awful.

BFP 11/09 - DD 7/10 - BFP 8/11 - M/C 9/11 - BFP 6/12 - DD - 2/13

• ooooi I am still wearing maternity pants and dont give two $hits what anyones thinks, lol. I can technically "fit" in my PPG jeans, but the shelf is in full effect :/

Im trying not to stress it to hard though, it took 9.5 months to make this fat, its going to take a while to make it "normal" again.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"