February 2012 Moms

CPW: Before/After

Based on the previous threads...[Poll]

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: CPW: Before/After

• Wow!  I am truly amazed, impressed, [insert word here] for those of you who actually waited for your wedding night! 
  • lancyjolancyjo member

I had sex with my high school boyfriend. (the guy I dated before I met hubs) I was embarassed about it, but wouldn't say I regretted it until hubs and I got engaged. Then, I realized how much I really would have liked to have waited. (hubs and I had been dating 2 years, and we hadn't abstained from sex with each other, so IDK why it hit me then) I might feel differently if hubs was my one and only.

It's just something I regret, and I plan to be completely honest with Aria about that. Regrets are no fun.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    212 Facebook Admin.
  • Loading the player...
  • imageSept07b2b:
    Wow!  I am truly amazed, impressed, [insert word here] for those of you who actually waited for your wedding night! 

How about it!  Good for you guys!  I would love to know how those who waiting truly felt about that decision.  Was the first time "great and wonderful and romantic" or "awkward and weird"... Did they have crazy amounts of sex after that to "make up" for the years before.  Hope that's not insulting... just truly curious!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Lena122Lena122 member
    H was my first and I was 23 yrs old. I'm very glad I waited for him even though I didn't wait for our wedding. My first time wasn't awkward although it wasn't some magical fairy tale either. I don't really think I "made up" for not having sex until age 23. I think we did it about as much as any other young couple does. Once a day usually, sometimes twice.
  • Dh and I wanted until our wedding day. We dated throughout college and got married after our senior year, we were both only 22. So chose to wait for several reasons, I always was raised that you wait until marriage for sex. I was very nervous about it and wanted it to be just between me and my husband. I don't know, it was right for us; I know it does not go with todays society very much, but going up in a Christian home, this is what we were taught. The first time was probably like everyone elses first time, normal and worth the wait. Hope that answers some of your questions.

• I had sex in high school with my long term boyfriend, and I don't regret it at all.  I think having sex younger helped me become responsible and it helped me realize how the dynamic of sex could affect a relationship.  I met DH about a month or two after breaking up with my high school sweet heart.  I don't feel like it harmed our relationship and I didn't feel guilty about not having saved myself.  I already knew what I did and didn't like and there was no pressure and I didn't feel guilty about not waiting until my wedding night.  I think if DH and I had been high school sweethearts or he was a virgin I may have felt like I should have waited.  I think it's a bit harder if you are a virgin and your SO isn't and you date long term before getting married.  I know people do it, but I just couldn't imagine.

Anniversary Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Personally... I wish I had waited for H... I have only ever had sex with one other person (a long-term boyfriend), but for a multitude of reasons wish I would've waited for H. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • As awkward as my first time was, I don't know that I would've wanted that to be how I spent my wedding night.  Do I wish I had made different decisions over the years?  Absolutely!  Do I regret some of those?  Absolutely!  However, I couldn't imagine my exH being the only person I ever slept with.  Knowing what I know now, I can't say that "that's" what I would've wanted for the rest of my life...and that's so wrong on so many levels though.  :(

• Nope. DH and I started having sex a year into our relationship.
    January2014 Blog ** Admin to the January 2014 FB group!
  • LawrenLawren member
    We were both actually virgins. We did 'things', but never the full on deed until we got married. We were so tired on our wedding we night we actually didn't even do it then, we went to bed and had sex the first time once we arrived in Puerto Vallarta and it hurt like a mo fo and lasted a hot minute. Everyone that knows me is shocked when I tell them we were both virgins because I'm kind of a perve.
  • MollySmMollySm member
    I had sex before meeting H, and I am glad I did. And glad that he did. We didn't meet until we were 30. I don't expect Lucia to wait for marriage, and I won't encourage her to. Too many girls I've known got married more quickly because of sex, rather than taking the time to find the right person. I know that is not the case for everyone who waited, but it makes me nervous. I waited until I was ready, which for me was in my 20s, and I will encourage her to wait until she is ready also.
    BabyFruit Ticker

BFP 3.8.16  EDD 11.20.16

• I wouldn't be married if we didn't have sex... Grant was a surprise and the reason we got married. I'm very happy and honestly don't think I could be happier, so I'm more than glad it happened. I was my hubby's first tho. Shhh don't tell anyone. He doesn't Like me sharing that lol! Oh I was his first kiss too but that was like 10 years ago when we attended high school together.

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"