October 2011 Moms
Options

Penny

How is V doing with the patch? Does she still have to wear it?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic 

Re: Penny

• Options
    She still has to wear it.  She is doing better at leaving it on, but we are not seeing very much if any improvement.  She has an appointment soon, but her Dr. has already started talking about surgery which scares the crap out of me.
    siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894 photo siggy1-16-13_zpsbc591894-1_zpscf1469c3.jpg
  • Options

imagepennysuedog:
    She still has to wear it.  She is doing better at leaving it on, but we are not seeing very much if any improvement.  She has an appointment soon, but her Dr. has already started talking about surgery which scares the crap out of me.

((hugs)) Sometimes surgery is really easier than patching, anyways, and a much quicker fix. Keep me posted!

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Options

Kujay

I will.  I have some comfort in knowing she has the best pediatric ophthalmologist in the state who specializes in Strabismus. 

• Options
    Poor V!!!

My friends son just had the surgery. He is five and one day they noticed his eye was starting to turn inward. Within a few months it was completely turned looking in. It happened so quickly! His surgery was a few weeks ago and he was in and out, and back to normal by the next day. Within a couple of days, you would have never even known he had the problem or the surgery. Hopefully if V has to have it, it goes smoothly and she bounces back quickly like he did! His mom said it wasn't nearly as bad as she thought it was going to be!
  • Options

I have never had to put any of my kids under full anesthesia.  Working on something as delicate and important as her eyes is really nerve wracking, I get that people have great results, I have also heard stories that were not as successful resulting in more surgeries and other complications. I think it is also more difficult to determine how to tweak the eye muscles in someone who doesn't communicate enough yet.  I would love for her to look like every other child right now and to not get comments from curious children but I don't want to be hasty. 

As for the age thing Violet's did not start until after her first birthday.  Probably Novemeber.

• Options
    I totally get your worries and would probably feel the same way if it was G. You will have to keep us all posted on everything!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"