Breastfeeding

AWW: Made it a year!

LO turns 1 today. I've been BF'ing when I'm around and pumping during the day since I returned to work at 8 weeks PP. I've been slowly pumping less and intend to stop pumping this week.

I think I was one of those lucky people who just didn't have it too hard with BF'ing. I was only sore for the first week until I figured out what a good latch felt like and broke all the bad latches. I've never had an undersupply issue, and my body responded to the pump well enough. I've loved nursing, I have a love-hate relationship with pumping. Stick out tongue

It feels weird to stop. I intend to still nurse first thing in the morning and before bed for a little while longer, but LO will be dayweaned to WCM in sippies by the end of the week.

I feel selfish because I still have a good supply, but I'm doing this for me because I really need to stop pumping during the day. I've done it for 10 months now, and I'm done. Plus I want to be able to go out on weekend days and not have to pump while I'm out. 

Re: AWW: Made it a year!

• Congrats!

I'm at 2 years today and I haven't pumped a drop since I came back to work at 1 year. Quitting pumping is just quitting the crappy part of breastfeeding, while keeping the good stuff! Don't feel selfish, feel free!

• TJ1979TJ1979 member
    Congrats on a great accomplishment!
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • Loading the player...
  • It feels so good to not need to pump during the day! I also had a really easy BFing experience w/DD#2.  I stopped pumping at work around 13 months and my supply is still great.  I nurse her in the mornings, when I come home and at night and we're doing fine! I still let down pretty heavily even without pumping at all during the day.  

High five!   

• Congratulations!!

It was so nice to drop the pump! We also do morning and night nursing and on weekends when I'm with LO I'll nurse for nap time. Or if we are out I just give a sippy. It's nice to have that extra freedom!

• Thank you! And I'm so glad to hear that nursing just continues to work if I want it to even after dropping the pump!
  • ObLaDiObLaDi member
    Congrats! And happy birthday baby!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Congratulations! That is so exciting and I hope I make it to a year. 
    BabyFruit Ticker

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"