May 2013 Moms

Baby sizes

So if you haven't delievered your LO yet - how big are they measuring since your last appointment? My LO was 6 pounds 13 ounces two weeks ago. (I am 39 weeks today so I am guessing she must be close to 8 pounds)

If you had your baby - how big was your LO?

Re: Baby sizes

• LN1024LN1024 member
    My baby was 7 lbs, 4 oz but he left the hospital at 6 lbs, 12 oz. He was as low as 6 lbs, 9 oz at one of his appointments. 
  • Mine was measuring 5lbs 15oz at 35 weeks 3 days. So there is no telling how big he is now. I know the ultrasounds can be off a pound in either direction.
  • Loading the player...
  • My lo was measuring over 6 lbs at 33w6d but no idea where he is now. I will probably have another check at 38 weeks. He's probably gonna be a big one!
  • par123par123 member
    8lbs. 9oz. at 38 weeks! I'm so curious to know her actual weight.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    imageimage
  • Mine was at 6 pounds 14 ounces at my last appointment at 35 weeks and 6 days. I'm not exactly sure what that would put him at now but I go back tomorrow.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • How do you know your babies size? I'll be 39 weeks and have never been measured for babies size?
  • I only know because they are treating me for GD and I go to that doctors office every two weeks so they do an u/s and tell me what she weighs and what percentile she is in. However my OB at my 38 week appointment which was supposed to be an u/s she was going to tell me but since I had one the Friday before she didn't do another one. 
  • My little guy was 7 lbs 13.5 oz at birth. He is 4 days old now and weighed 7 lbs 9 oz at the pediatrician yesterday. They estimated between 7 and 8 lbs. 
  • Dr has been saying for months if he could put money on it she'd guess 7 to 7.5lbs. She only send for growth scans if necessary, which was last Thurs because my fundal height measured behind for the 2nd week in a row and ultrasound showed 8lbs5oz. I'm not carrying very large at all, so we shall see. I'm 40w4d today.
  • Our little girl was measuring 7 pounds 9 ounces at our 36 week growth scan. They said belly in 98th percentile, was average and femur in 85th percentile. I don't put a ton of stock in any of this, my weight gain is normal, and DH and I are both very tall, so as long as she isn't 12 pounds, I'm sure my body is made to carry and deliver her just fine. I can't wait to see her as an outside baby! They said expect a third of a pound a week weight gain last few weeks, which would put her right around 9 pounds by our due date...

My little bug, Madeline. Born June 2, 2013.

• J was 7lbs 15oz with the CPAP on, born at 36w4d. Without the CPAP he weighed in at 7lbs 13.5oz. Last week he was 7lb12oz at his 2 week appointment, we go tomorrow for a weight check since he didn't regain the weight he lost in the hospital.
  • stkmw02stkmw02 member

image2010Bride2be:
    7lbs 4oz at our appt 2 weeks ago. We have another growth US on Monday to check the weight. Dr. wants to make sure LO doesn't go over 9lbs. If we're close, he'll induce.

I'm in a similar situation.  LO measured 6lbs 3oz at 34 weeks.  Today we'll find out if an induction is necessary.  I'm due Sunday and have been hoping things would start naturally before now.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • She was 7lb 10oz when she was born on May 1st. She was up to 8lb 2oz at her appointment on Monday.

ETA: They estimated her at 6lb 14oz at my 37 week ulttasound. I delivered two days shy of 40 weeks.
  • My LO measured at 7 pounds 9oz, 2 Weeks ago. I'm 37 Weeks and 2 days today. He has been measuring 4 Weeks ahead almost,my whole pregnancy.
  • I had a growth scan at 36 Weeks and baby measured at 6.5 lbs. I delivered at 39 weeks and three days and she was born 6 lbs. 13 oz. Now at 11 days old she is 7 pounds 4oz.
  • At 37 weeks my baby measured 7lbs 14oz. We will see on Friday what she really is. 
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers  Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • blush64blush64 member

I have no idea how big she is measuring. I know she was in a lower percentile than before and they were concerned but now things seem stable.

I didn't ask for a weight estimate because they are rarely very accurate so I'll just wait and see. 

EDIT I have had weekly ultrasounds and NSTs for growth and other reasons so I am sure they could let me know their guess but I have seen it way off too many times so why bother. I'll know her weight soon enough and as long as she's healthy I don't care big, small or somewhere in the middle. 

• My doc said babies don't grow much the last 3 to 4 weeks. So he may not change much. And the u/s are notorious for being wrong. They guessed my LO to be 8 lb 6 oz last week at 38 and a half weeks.
    BabyFruit Ticker Lilypie First Birthday tickers Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • emmy236emmy236 member
    We went in for a growth scan at 36 weeks because I had been measuring 2.54 weeks ahead since week 18. At 36 weeks they said somewhere between 78lbs, he hates cooperating in ultra sounds so they had to really ball park it. My husband is 6'7 so no one is surprised its a long baby my doctor was concerned with head size and fluid levels. His head circumference was 9.6cm which to me sounded scary because a cervix only dilates to 10 but I was assured that it wasn't anything abnormal.
  • MrsJ723MrsJ723 member
    At 36 weeks they estimated her to be 7 lb 9 oz to 7 lb 11 oz and said she'd probably be in the 8 and a half range at birth. She was born at 39 weeks weighing 8 lb 5 oz. At her 2 week appointment today she was up to 8 lb 12 oz and had grown from 21 at birth to 21.75!
    Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • My little guy measured 7 pound 3 ounces at 36 weeks 4 days. He was born at 38 weeks 6 days and was 7 pounds 8 ounces. Late growth ultrasounds are notoriously inaccurate. 

DS1: 4/15/2011
    Dx: ASD, SPD and receptive and expressive speech delay at 21 months
    BFP #2: CP 5/2012
    DS2: 4/24/2013
    BFP #4: Miscarriage at 5 weeks 7/2014
    BFP #5: 8/8/2014 Due 4/20/2015 
    Its a healthy girl!!!!! 
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • Mine was 11 lbs 6 oz. The doctor was guessing he would be 9lbs but it was just a guess since I had a lot of fluid. They never did a growth u/s.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • I was thinking the same thing, I have been told I measure right on but never told the size of her.

• My kiddo was 5 lbs 9 oz on a growth scan yesterday (at 36w4d). They are estimating 6.5 - 7 lbs at birth.
  • I wish I knew. The only growth estimate I've had was at 27 weeks and she was 3lbs then. Heaven knows what she is now. I'm guessing she's just the average so at the very most 7.5lbs. We shall just have to wait and see.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Jackson was estimated at 5 lbs, 11 oz at 34.5 weeks and 7.5 to 8 lbs at 36.5 weeks. He is growing very quickly due to my GD...about a pound per week. We will have another ultrasound this coming week at just over 38 weeks. If he's measuring where they think, we'll be talking induction or csection.

• At my 36 week u/s the baby weighed nearly 6 lbs (just under). I bet I will have an 8 pounder.
  • At my last (and only) u/s LO was 13 oz.  Of course that was a long time ago at 21 weeks!  So I have absolutely idea how big she'll be. 
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • imagelaurncui812.0:
    Mine was 11 lbs 6 oz. The doctor was guessing he would be 9lbs but it was just a guess since I had a lot of fluid. They never did a growth u/s.

holy moly.  Did you deliver vaginally or via cesarean? 

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP#1 09/2009 * EDD 6/19/2010 * Born 6/12/2010

BFP#2 6/03/2012 * EDD 2/09/2013 * MC @ 5w2d 6/13/2012

BFP#3 8/30/2012 * EDD 5/16/2013

• Mine measured 9 lb 7 oz at 38 wks.  I'm being induced at 39 wks.  Will be interesting to see how much he actually weighs, but I do hope he gets out ok.

I have fairly narrow hips and 5'4".  DS is tall though.

I gained  36 lbs this pregnancy, but 44 with my first.  However I started out at a higher weight with this pregnancy and my end weight is 1 lb less than with my first (both at 39 wks)  My first baby was 8 lb 11 oz at 39 wks.

BabyFruit Ticker

BFP#1 09/2009 * EDD 6/19/2010 * Born 6/12/2010

BFP#2 6/03/2012 * EDD 2/09/2013 * MC @ 5w2d 6/13/2012

BFP#3 8/30/2012 * EDD 5/16/2013

• I had a growth u/s today (38 weeks) and baby was measuring about 8 lbs - 75th percentile.  I was surprised because the previous growth scan at 34 weeks showed baby in the 50th percentile at 5.5 lbs.  I am also measuring about a week behind.  Who knows!  I had a growth u/s with my first and they estimated her to be over 8 lbs at 38 weeks and she was 7 lbs 3 oz at 39 weeks and 2 days.  
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • At 37w2d baby was measured at 6lbs 11oz and was estimated to be between 7-8lbs at birth. My Dr. wanted to do a growth scan to check for size because I'm overweight and suspects I'll have a large baby - not said in so many words, but the meaning was there. Which was annoying and not a true statement....
    Me: 32
    DH: 35
    DD #1: 6/1/2013
    EDD #2: 6/7/2017
    BabyFruit Ticker
    Daisypath Happy Birthday tickers

• stkmw02stkmw02 member

So, from 34 weeks at 6lbs 3oz we have hit 39 weeks at 8lbs 8oz.

If LO doesn't arrive naturally before next Wednesday, we'll discuss induction options.

BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"