May 2013 Moms

What do you do for back pain?

Just curious. I know we all deal with it.

My BH have gotten a lot stronger and with that my back has gotten super tight and honestly very painful. The back pain isn't in waves but constant. The BH are come and go. I'm not thinking labor at this point.

I was just curious what you all are doing to ease the pain. I have gone back to my bed because its the only way I can handle the pain without tears. Any suggestions to help relieve backache?

I did take a hot shower and let in run on my back which usually helps but did nothing.
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: What do you do for back pain?

• The only thing that seems to help me is an ice pack. It used to be the heating pad or the hot showers but that does nothing lately. Hope that helps...
  • Only thing I do is go to bed as well. Lying on my side with several pillows propping my legs helps. Sitting down is a killer after a while. I tried having a bath but lying down helped much more.

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • Nothing seems to work anymore. I resort to tylenol when desperate and that definitely helps.  Also, I'll try to stretch it out, doing the cat/cow pose and child's pose.  

I get some relief, but the pain is pretty much constant now so I commiserate with you.

I'd put a Movember mustache fail, but then
    you'd all have to look at it until February.
  • Heating pad on low or a rice pack in the microwave, massage, pelvic tilts, stretching, laying in a comfy position, counterpressure
  • stretching and massage from DH
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Pile of pillows and laying down over them with my knees forward. Kind of like doing child's pose onto the pillows. Helps counter the preasure in belly and relieves aches in back...
  • If you can find one, go to your local community center pool.  It's like taking away gravity for a while, and it's the only place I feel normal!!
    TTC#2 5+ yrs Me: 44 yrs DH: 34 yrs DS born 8/2007 MC 11/2008 (natural) MC 5/2011 (IVF) MC 12/20011 (IVF) BFP 9/2012!! (DE) EDD 5/25/2013 BabyFruit Ticker
  • blush64blush64 member

Lots of massage, my husband's hands are sore from all the pressure he has to use. I have taken a hot bath and put a hot facecloth in a ball behind my back so it would put pressure on my back, hot showers, lying down in bed or sometimes on the floor (hard to get up though). 

I find there are many times nothing helps. 

EDIT I have so many pillows on the bed sometimes my husband can't fit and they aren't much help anymore. 

• A massage from DH, ice packs/heating pads and Tylenol are my go to. Nothing helps for long though. 
    imageimage

EDD 1/31/13, MC May 17. EDD 3/31/13, MC July 26. I miss you so much already my angel loves

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • icepak is the only thing that gives me some relief right now
  • Walking and hot showers.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"