Toddlers: 12 - 24 Months

Share your easy lunches for LO

I'm sick of giving DS the same things every day, share some *easy* fast recipes. I usually just have a smart one or something easy so I don't want to spend a lot of time preparing a lunch. TIA :)
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Share your easy lunches for LO

• Dee1028Dee1028 member

Here are our go-to lunches that the fellas love:

grilled cheese and fruit

hard boiled eggs, toast, fruit

leftover pasta (we have pasta once a week because they love it)

pancakes

Taking the Scenic Route
    FET: Success! Beta at 14dp5dt: 2427 TWINS!!
  • Sandwich thin sauce, spinach, cheese, other pizza toppings...toaster oven or George foreman.

Crackers, cheese, fruit

Hummus and pita chips

Pb and J and fruit

Steamed veggies pasta and parm cheese
  • Loading the player...
  • I buy a rotisserie chicken each Sunday and tear small pieces off and mix them with shredded cheese, then I throw in one of those pouches that has veggies and fruits in it.

I also buy a quiche each week that has some ham and spinach or broccoli in it. I chunk it up and put it in his lunch.

We get those Applegate turkey hot dogs, too, and chop them up for his lunches, mixed with peas or carrots. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • English muffin pizza

Cheese and crackers

Grilled cheese

Quesadilla

Hummus and feta in a pita pocket

Annie's mac and cheese

Hardboiled egg and toast

Annie's Bernie O's with peas and cheese

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • To add to what the others have already said. I batch cook once a month- freeze it in individual portions in zip lock bags and then take one out in the morning for LO's lunch box. I'll make pasta with veggies in sauce, mac n cheese, chilli, chowder, etc.

• Our go to lunches are leftovers, pasta or ravioli with mixed diced veggies, quesadillas with cheese and avocado, fruit, peanut butter and banana sandwiches, lunch meat rolls with cheese and cucumber, diced ham and eggs. Once a month I make a bunch of turkey meatballs that have shredded zucchini and carrot in them. I just microwave those. I also buy a rotisserie chicken once or twice a week and we all eat bits if that for lunch or snack. I always keep frozen diced veggies and fresh fruit on hand. The pre diced veggies are easy to toss in the microwave in some water for a couple of minutes. I add those to something that seems not quite as balanced like mac n cheese or a grilled cheese sandwich.
    BabyFruit Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I make lunches for all of us (me, DH and the kid) so we all just eat the same thing - fairly quick and easy.  This week's lunches:

• Peanut butter and jelly sandwich, macadamia and almonds

• Chicken and white bean soup, lettuce wraps with black bean burgers (morningstar farms), apple slices

• Rotini with tomato sauce and broccoli, orange, edamame

• Pizza slice, apple slices with peanut butter, hummus and veggies

• Fried rice with broccoli and tofu, banana, and apple slices
    June '15 January Siggy Challenge.  Pinterest Fails

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • San Giorgio makes pasta that boils in only 3 minutes.  I've seen shells, elbows, and penne.  This makes a great quick lunch and you can do tons of variations with different sauces (butter, butter & parm cheese, marinara, alfredo), plus various veggies and meat. 

Another quick cooking pasta option is tortellini.  I throw some frozen tortellini and a handful of frozen peas & carrots in boiling water and cook for 4 mins.  Toss with butter & parm cheese.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Hummus sandwich, cheese stick, grapes

leftovers

Annies white mac and cheese mixed with peas and tuna

cheese sandwich (little mayo on each piece of bread helps it all stick) sometimes I grill it, fruit, peas

cheese stick, kidney beans, grapes (usually when he doesn't seem as hungry) 

• DS usually has some combo of hummus, avocado, bread or crackers, and fruits.  Sometimes he'll have leftovers.
  • Pbj

Hummus pita

Those Gerber microwavable chicken chunks and turkey meatballs

Salmon burger

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"