Babies on the Brain

AW: Ran my first 12k

I am so beyond proud of myself. I can't believe that I ran, ok more like jogged slowly, my first 12k today. I slacked off while training for it so I was worried. But I finished and jogged most of it in 1 hour 44 mins. between mile 3 and 4 a girl running in front of me tripped and skidded across the pavement splitting her head open. I have never seen so much blood in my life. I spotted the paramedic a good 100 yards in front of me and sprinted faster than I ever ran in my life to get them. I couldn't believe the adrenaline rush I got from that. 

I feel accomplished and I can't wait for the next race!  

TTC#1 Since April 2011 
BFP#1 5.23.12 C/P 4w4d 
BFP #2 10.1.13
EDD June 10, 2014
imageimageimage

Re: AW: Ran my first 12k

• Congrats!! Such an accomplishment!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

View Full Size Image

• Congrats!

imageimageimageimageimage

TTC #1 since August 2011

My Blog

September 2012: Start IF testing

DH (32): SA is ok, slightly low morph, normal SCSA  Me (32): Slightly low progesterone, hostile CM, carrier for CF, Moderately high NKC, High TNFa, heterozyogous mutated Factor XIII, and +APA

October 2012-May 2014: 4 failed IUIs, 3 failed IVFs, and 1 failed FETw/donor embryos

November 2014: IVF w/ICSI #4 Agonist/Antagonist with EPP and Prednisone, Baby Aspirin, Lovenox, and IVIG for immune issues.  Converted to freeze all due to lining issues.  2 blasts frozen on day 6!

January 2015: FET #2 Cancelled due to lining issues

April 2015: FET #2.1

PAIF/SAIF Welcome!

• Loading the player...
  • imageSpooko:
    That's so freaking awesome. Mind me asking what you did to train? Where did you start and how did you increase? 

My training sucked. I started in February with the intention to use couch to 10k. I got up to jogging two miles then joined this crossfit-ish gym. I do that 3 nights a week and the workouts are intense so I was too sore to run on my off days when I first started there. So, I really hadn't ran more than 2 miles while training for it. My workouts helped because I've gained a lot of strength in my legs and stamina. 

I wish I would have stuck to my training and then modified it to increase for the 12k. That would have helped me improve my time. Considering my lack of run training I did pretty well. I want to do another one now I know what my body is capable of and I will definitely train better so I can beat my time.  

TTC#1 Since April 2011 
    BFP#1 5.23.12 C/P 4w4d 
    BFP #2 10.1.13
    EDD June 10, 2014
    imageimageimage
  • biomaj5biomaj5 member
    Congrats! :D
    imageimage
    7,065/13,000=54.3%
    Started TTC in June 2008. Not bothering any more.

Bonafide thread killah
  • That's awesome! Ran my first 5k in January and doing a 10K by the end of the year! Keep it up, it only takes a few weeks to lose all that training you put in.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"