August 2011 Moms

Any better?

So now that the kids are older, is their behavior better in restaurants?

I still think Sophia needs a little work but our last outing wasn't too bad. We still have to eat quickly and go before rush hour.

I think going out to eat is the one thing I miss the most pre baby.

Re: Any better?

• I think it might be getting better. We still try to go to places that have quick service. In and out in under 40 minutes is ideal. I've noticed too that he's best going to an early lunch then anything else.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • imageMrsSkull1107:
    DD is awesome in restaurants. We've never really ::knocks on ALL the wood:: had much trouble with DD when we go out. She usually happy to sit there and watch people and talk about food and just be silly. She has an occasional bad night and we have to leave the restaurant quickly but for the most part she's great at going out. It's nice because we love going out for lunch on weekends as a family.nbsp;
    Jealous.
  • Loading the player...
  • We've never had many problems with eating out since DS likes to flirt, and we're usually lucky enough to have a waitress who will flirt with him or sit near a middle-aged lady who will flirt with him.

Buuuut....I'm dreading the day that he no longer fits in high chairs. He's really squirmy if we put him in a booster or in a chair and will get down and try to get under the table. His legs are getting so long that it's hard to get him into some of the high chairs. Sigh... I'm thinking of taking the booster at home away so that he gets used to a  regular chair.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• imageMrsSkull1107:

imageshanado:
    imageMrsSkull1107:
    Jealous.

I'm sorry! I was hesitant to post because I feel kind of bad. We are just lucky though. I've done nothing special to promote good behaviour in restaurants. 

Lol, it's okay! Her behavior all around seems to be improving so I have hope. A month ago I didn't think I'd be saying this.
  • imageshanado:
    imageMrsSkull1107:

imageshanado:
    imageMrsSkull1107:
    Jealous.

I'm sorry! I was hesitant to post because I feel kind of bad. We are just lucky though. I've done nothing special to promote good behaviour in restaurants. 

Lol, it's okay! Her behavior all around seems to be improving so I have hope. A month ago I didn't think I'd be saying this.

You know the blog Reasons My Son Is Crying?  My blog would be called Reasons My Son Is YellingScreaming.  

He's having a hard time remembering to use his words, so we go from 0 to PISSED THE EFF OFF in exactly half a second around these parts.  I have a feeling this will get MUCH better when he talks more. 

Prudence
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
    Otis
     Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
    Hank 

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickers
  • imageshanado:
    I think going out to eat is the one thing I miss the most pre baby.

Completely agree, I tell my (childless) siblings this all.the.time.

M is pretty good in a restaurant, as long as she doesn't have to wait in the high chair too long before they bring food.  And once we have food, I'd say it's usually a 20 minute max time before she's ready to get up and go.  But that's the same as at home, so no surprise.

I actually took her to lunch, alone, for the first time last week. She was cranky.  We didn't stay long.  I don't know if it was just her mood that day, but if that outing was any indicator, she definitely does better when there are other people to help entertain her. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Michaela is pretty good. She likes to be free so no high chair for her. But as long as there is food in front of her she is usually pretty good.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • eesomeeesome member
    Both of my kids are great in restaurants/public as long as they are entertained or eating. As soon as their food is gone, they get a little antsy, so I try to bring snacks/desserts (like fresh fruit), etc. to keep them happy.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • L is really good. We do high chair or booster seats. Sometimes in the booster he wants to stand until his food comes but otherwise no complaints yet :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"