August 2011 Moms

randoms, anyone?

1. Need for sleep finally caught up with my little late night party animal and he crashed within 15 or 20 minutes of going down. Then he slept until 7:00am - woohoo!

2. #1 is especially good since my dad got into town last night to drop off some furniture from my grandpa's house -- he got here AFTER DS went to bed, and I was concerned the noise of unloading furniture would wake DS, but nope. And we now have a real table and chairs, which means that we can invite people over for dinner without having to cram around our little table and have people sit in random office chairs and such.

3. My dad brought my grandma's sewing box with the furniture. She died over 10 years ago and I guess my granpda had never cleaned out her stuff. I went through the box and had a nice little sentimental moment. There was nothing major in it - mostly pins and needles and stuff, but I never really had closure after she died, so having something that was hers is nice.

4. I will be over-indulging in delicious Mexican food for lunch.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: randoms, anyone?

• imageladybugpjb:
    1. Need for sleep finally caught up with my little late night party animal and he crashed within 15 or 20 minutes of going down. Then he slept until 7:00am woohoo!2. 1 is especially good since my dad got into town last night to drop off some furniture from my grandpa's house he got here AFTER DS went to bed, and I was concerned the noise of unloading furniture would wake DS, but nope. And we now have a real table and chairs, which means that we can invite people over for dinner without having to cram around our little table and have people sit in random office chairs and such. 3. My dad brought my grandma's sewing box with the furniture. She died over 10 years ago and I guess my granpda had never cleaned out her stuff. I went through the box and had a nice little sentimental moment. There was nothing major in it mostly pins and needles and stuff, but I never really had closure after she died, so having something that was hers is nice.4. I will be overindulging in delicious Mexican food for lunch.

This is great! So nice for you that he slept! And you have a table! Yay! I know what you mean about your grandmas sewing box. My granny died about 10 years ago too. She gave me a bunch of knitting stuff before she passed. When we moved I found it all again. I miss her so much. Enjoy your Mexican!!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I am stuck in the car. Michaela is sleeping and I don't want to wake her yet. So I am sitting here letting her sleep for a bit. I will probably try to get her out in the next 10 mins or so. She has been asleep for about an hour now.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Loading the player...
  • Glad to hear DS is sleeping...can you have him tell M that sleep is good?  Apparently, she hasn't gotten the memo.

I am starving, but late pregnancy reflux is killing me.  I can't even eat the smallest meal without it threatening to come back up.  It's really annoying. 

DD has just about grown out of her sneakers, so it's time for a pair of summer shoes/sandals.  I very rarely buy her clothing (we've received a ton of hand-me-downs), so I am excited for a reason to shop!  I had a date with MIL for shopping today, but had to cancel since I have this stupid cold.  Boo :(

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • eesomeeesome member

1) I love rain. Most people complain about it, but I find it relaxing and great to sleep to.

2) My glutes and hamstrings are STILL sore from Saturday's leg workout, and I can barely walk straight. I leg pressed 350lbs...oooouuuuuch!!!

3) I am envious of those that have little girls that actually like hair bows/bands in their hair. My daughter HATES them with a passion.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers

My baby girl looks so much like a big girl today. She is growing up way too fast! This whole outfit is all 3T, as is 99% of her clothing. She even has a few pairs of 4T shorts. (She is 26 pounds and 35 inches tall) 

I have not done a thing to get ready for this baby. She/he has two swaddle blankets, that is about it. 

I did 6 loads of laundry yesterday, and still had about 3 more this morning. Geeze. 

Dirty dancing is currently playing on netflix while I knit. I am so stinkin behind on orders. 
    image image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagetandb2010:
    I am stuck in the car. Michaela is sleeping and I don't want to wake her yet. So I am sitting here letting her sleep for a bit. I will probably try to get her out in the next 10 mins or so. She has been asleep for about an hour now.

You are a more patient mother than I am.

• imagemelissa0726:

Glad to hear DS is sleeping...can you have him tell M that sleep is good?  Apparently, she hasn't gotten the memo.

I am starving, but late pregnancy reflux is killing me.  I can't even eat the smallest meal without it threatening to come back up.  It's really annoying. 

DD has just about grown out of her sneakers, so it's time for a pair of summer shoes/sandals.  I very rarely buy her clothing (we've received a ton of hand-me-downs), so I am excited for a reason to shop!  I had a date with MIL for shopping today, but had to cancel since I have this stupid cold.  Boo :(

Sorry about the reflux AND the cold No I hope it clears up so you can go shopping soon - yay!

• I agree about the rain - I love it (except when it ruins plans to go to the park).

• imageohyeahdollface:

My baby girl looks so much like a big girl today. She is growing up way too fast! This whole outfit is all 3T, as is 99% of her clothing. She even has a few pairs of 4T shorts. (She is 26 pounds and 35 inches tall) 

I have not done a thing to get ready for this baby. She/he has two swaddle blankets, that is about it. 

I did 6 loads of laundry yesterday, and still had about 3 more this morning. Geeze. 

Dirty dancing is currently playing on netflix while I knit. I am so stinkin behind on orders. 

That's odd - DS is 30ish lbs and was 34 inches at his 18 mo appointment (so I'm sure he's 35 by now), but I can still put him in some 18 month pants, but mostly do 24mo (short legs, skinny butt) and we're just now moving into 2T tops. I guess that shows how differently shaped kids can be.

Also, just the thought of doing that much laundry is exhausting - good job!

• imageladybugpjb:

imageohyeahdollface:

That's odd - DS is 30ish lbs and was 34 inches at his 18 mo appointment (so I'm sure he's 35 by now), but I can still put him in some 18 month pants, but mostly do 24mo (short legs, skinny butt) and we're just now moving into 2T tops. I guess that shows how differently shaped kids can be.

Also, just the thought of doing that much laundry is exhausting - good job!

Her fluffy booty does help with filling out the bigger sized shorts! 2T shirts though I can not get them over her head! No matter which ones I buy. Seems like the best fitting clothes for her is stuff from Target and Walmart. Which really is awesome because she stains stuff SO fast. Walmart had a sale on all their Garanimals stuff because of a double order. 10 shorts, 20 tops, and a few capris for about $40 bucks. I will say about half are in the play clothes pile now though, UGH.
    image image
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Baby Boy was back to a much more pleasant schedule today - Thank you baby jeebus!

DH and I bought life insurance today. That is so depressing (and did I mention pricey)

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"