April 2013 Moms

smiles

When did your LO start smiling? My dd is almost 3wks old and doesn't smile. I see cute pics of 10 day olds smiling so what gives?! I talk and try to play with her. I want a smile =] I know it's silly but just curious
Pregnancy Ticker

Re: smiles

• DS is 5 weeks old and he just smiled for the first time yesterday. He smiles when I smile at him. Its like he is copying my smile. My pedi told me it usually happens between 5-6 weeks
    image   image
  • evertzevertz member
    My LO "smiles" but I'd consider them more accidental face movements than a real smile.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • My baby "smiles" and has since he was like five days old... But not in response to anything we do. In other words, it's not a real smile.
    Amanda

Nov siggy challenge: animals eating Thanksgiving food

BabyFruit Ticker
    Rhys - born 04.17.2013
    Harry - born 04.18.2016
  • Sullivan has a joyful nature - no clue if those are official smiles or random expressions.  She seems happy, that's what we care about.
    The word you're looking for is SEX.  I promise.  No, it's not gender.  It's sex.  You're welcome.
  • imagemypalbabs:
    Sullivan has a joyful nature - no clue if those are official smiles or random expressions.  She seems happy, that's what we care about.

This. 

I swear DD had the biggest smile on her face once she stopped crying in the delivery room.  I'm sure it's something other than an intentional smile, but she's a very happy baby, so we're happy.

• Socially, just recently at 5 weeks and yet it still takes several tries to get him to and he won't always.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imagepinottoparenthood:
    My baby "smiles" and has since he was like five days old... But not in response to anything we do. In other words, it's not a real smile.

This
    CafeMom Tickers

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • My LO only smiles and laughs in his dreams.  My daughter was smiling right away.  I guess every baby is different.

• Babies smile early on when they pass gas. 56 weeks until the real smiles start.
    Me: 35/Hubs: 35 - just moved to Minneapolis from Chicago. TTC for 18 months and expecting baby #1 April 18, 2012! Needed IVF after a few failed rounds of IUI and it worked!
  • My LO started smiling very early when she was in a half asleep state just as a reflex. LO just started smiling socially a few days ago at 5 and a half weeks.
  • DD1 was 7 weeks.
    DD2 was 4 weeks.
    DD3 was 5 weeks, although that was only once, and I haven't been able to get her to smile again.

They all did those sleepy dream smiles before that.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • ka2shazka2shaz member
    Are you talking about social smiles? DD1 did not smile until 9 weeks. I was terribly worried, but she is now a sweet and happy 3 year old. It's just different for every kid
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • Pretty sure my LOs smiles right now are more gas related than true smile related.
  • I don't think social smiling is a milestone until 8 or 9 weeks.
  • DD smiled (intentionally) right on her 4 week mark. Ever since then, she's been smiling more and more! I LOVE it! :)

My Dr. said that it can start as early as 4 weeks, but most don't start smiling intentionally until about 6-8 weeks. 

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"