Cloth Diapering

clothing question (esp for moms of girls)

Now that it's warming up, DD is wearing more skirts and dresses.  A lot of them came with coordinating diaper covers/bloomers.  Do you use these or do you just let your DD's cute CD show?  Just curious what other moms' preferences are. 
Hilary
imageimage
imageimage
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: clothing question (esp for moms of girls)

• I have been accumulating a lot of awesome wool soakers over the last 2 years specifically for this purpose.  So, probably, most of the time she will have a color-coordinating wool soaker with her cute dresses.  Squeeeee!

Lilypie Third Birthday tickers

Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • DD is only 6 weeks old, but the couple of times she has worn a dress, I just let her cute diaper show.

BabyFruit Ticker

• Loading the player...
  • I'm all about showing off my cute diaper covers!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Cloth. Except one dress. It's Hawaiian and I like the cover. Otherwise no. Just our cd.
    image"Lilypie">imageimage

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • sarenu1sarenu1 member

The covers/bloomers get packed away as soon as I get them in the house.

I just let her run around with her daiper under skirts and dresses.  I think it's super cute.

• rsolsemrsolsem member
    I let the diaper show. I LOVE pairing the Albert print with her cute flowered dresses. :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Lilypie Angel and Memorial tickers Anniversary
  • TJ1979TJ1979 member
    I go either way with that one.  Sometimes I use the cover, if the cover is cute or if it is a pattern I don't really have any dipes to coordinate.  But usually I'm lazy and just do the diaper.
    TTC with PCOS since November 2009
    IUI#1 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP, m/c
    IUI#2 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 5-9) = BFN
    IUI#3 Femara/Ovidrel (cd 3-7) = BFP!
    beta #1 11/23 = 270, P4 = 75
    beta #2 11/28 = 2055
    Our daughter E was born 7/29/2012!
    Surprise, our 2nd daughter P was born 5/22/14!
    imageImage and video hosting by TinyPicimage
    imageimageimage
  • I do both.  Depending on the dress and the diaper.  If shes in aplix its always a cover b/c they always seem to pull.  I have some cute monogrammed bloomers though so they need some love too!
  • We show off her CD's unless she is wearing tights, then I throw the bloomers over the tights sometimes.
  • sosophsosoph member
    I thought the diaper cover was a perfectly good substitute for a bloomer --- until she undid the velcro in a store and walked off leaving the cover on the floor. I was so embarrassed, and we've worn the coordinating ones from the outfits ever since (and I bought a snap cover for when they don't)
  • Um, I specifically put dresses and skirts on DD to show off her dipes. So yeah that's a no from me.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • I just got done taking a seam ripper to the attached bloomers of a super cute skirt that coordinates perfectly with several of my diapers lol. I LOVE showing off our cute fluff! It's half the fun of having baby girls...I can't wait until little sister gets here in July and I get to show off some of my newborn fluff!
    Anniversary
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • It depends on the dress. If I have a diaper that matches or coordinates I just have the diaper. One of her summer dresses had little gingham shorts to match with ruffles around the legs-I couldn't leave them in the closet :D I do love the chance to show off my fluff though.
  • I've never put one of those on her, and I don't even really understand the point of them - it just makes more work for me. 

I might need to do it this summer so she doesn't unfasten her diaper though.  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"