February 2013 Moms

Swing time

Is it ok for a baby to sit in a swing and amuse themselves? I only leave her in there for 10 or 20 minutes and take her out if she's unhappy.
She just looks around at things. Seems pretty content. That's fine, right?
BabyFruit Ticker

Re: Swing time

• I do that about twice a week. Luke is happy talking to his "friend" which is his reflection on the mirror. Sometimes he'll fall asleep there and I'll take him out usually right away but I'm a sucker for my snugly sleepy baby.
  • Drea926Drea926 member
    Absolutely, that's fine! You don't need to be a one woman show all the time. ;-)

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• Loading the player...
  • My son loves his swing. He actually gets grouchy when he doesn't get to swing!! Sometimes he spends a good hour in there just talking away. I figure if that's what he wants, why not!!
  • Ha! I wish my son would chill in the swing so I could eat without a shovel!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our Sweet Boy "LJ"
  • Questions like this make me scratch my head.  What else would you be doing? Staring at him while he swings back and forth?  Some of the moms on here make me wonder how they pee or cook dinner because they are so good about constantly engaging their LO.  I plop mine down on the floor matt, the swing or the bouncy chair and go get things done.  hats off to you for even worrying about it :)
  • imagecarriesu2003:
    Questions like this make me scratch my head.nbsp; What else would you be doing? Staring at him while he swings back and forth?nbsp; Some of the moms on here make me wonder how they pee or cook dinner because they are so good about constantly engaging their LO.nbsp; I plop mine down on the floor matt, the swing or the bouncy chair and go get things done.nbsp; hats off to you for even worrying about it :

This. I always thought that it was just me and that I wasn't being "there" enough for my babies. They have so much fun on their mats or in their PNP with their toys, I don't know what I would do to entertain them constantly myself. If they're not crying then I let them be. Plus it helps me get things done and i can get a little break! They get plenty of mumma time just not constantly.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"