February 2013 Moms

Your Perfect Mother's Day

Just for fun, what would your perfect Mother's Day be? What would you do, or not do?

Mine would be sleeping in while DH takes care of DS, breakfast in bed then spa day and lunch with my girlfriends and date night later. A girl can dream. Smile

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Your Perfect Mother's Day

• Leave the baby with my in laws and go to the beach. Sleep all night without interruption and maybe have sex without being exhausted. Maybe even enjoy said sex?! Then go to the beach all day, drink margaritas all day. Nap in the sand while getting a tan and swim on and off in the ocean. Then, that night go out, drink some more, dance the night away with hubby, and then go pass out!  

This is all a dream. In reality my parents will be here that weekend.... Oh joy! I am excited to see my mom but not my dad. It would be nice if they would just come a different weekend. Maybe my husband will give me a night of sleep but probably not. I probably won't get a gift. Eh. I am not really looking forward to mother's day.  

--Married 4 Years - PCOS - Insulin Resistant - Irregular Cycles - TTC 24mon - Metformin - Progesterone - Phentermine - 40 pounds lost - 3 rounds Clomid - DH 1% sperm morphology - BFP June 23rd - Paxton born 2/15/2013 - August 2013 Let's Have Another Baby- Charting Cycles with OPC and Charting Temps, No Ovulation Jan- Start clomid Feb 2014  --
  • Sleep in, breakfast in bed, pedicure somewhere then a romantic dinner somewhere nice just me and the husband. I love my son but ma ma needs a break ;)
    Married: August 2008
    DS born: February 2013
    TTC #2: Nov. 14
    Chemical pregnancy 09/16/15
    BFP: 12/25/15 EDD: 09/04/16
  • Loading the player...
  • Drea926Drea926 member
    imageapastinack:

Leave the baby with my in laws and go to the beach. Sleep all night without interruption and maybe have sex without being exhausted. Maybe even enjoy said sex?! Then go to the beach all day, drink margaritas all day. Nap in the sand while getting a tan and swim on and off in the ocean. Then, that night go out, drink some more, dance the night away with hubby, and then go pass out!  

This is all a dream. In reality my parents will be here that weekend.... Oh joy! I am excited to see my mom but not my dad. It would be nice if they would just come a different weekend. Maybe my husband will give me a night of sleep but probably not. I probably won't get a gift. Eh. I am not really looking forward to mother's day.  

Can I come to the beach part of your mother's day?! Fun!

I would love to have brunch with DS and DH, in the afternoon take a bubble bath with a box of chocolates, glass of wine, and a trashy romance novel and in the evening have a fancy dinner with DH! 

View Full Size Image    View Full Size Image

• imageapastinack:

Leave the baby with my in laws and go to the beach. Sleep all night without interruption and maybe have sex without being exhausted. Maybe even enjoy said sex?! Then go to the beach all day, drink margaritas all day. Nap in the sand while getting a tan and swim on and off in the ocean. Then, that night go out, drink some more, dance the night away with hubby, and then go pass out!  

That sounds wonderful! ...wish I had a beach. Damn Ohio. Global warming do your thing and give me a coastline ;) 

Married: August 2008
    DS born: February 2013
    TTC #2: Nov. 14
    Chemical pregnancy 09/16/15
    BFP: 12/25/15 EDD: 09/04/16
  • I don't live near a beach. Like I said this is all a dream. I live in Tennessee- claustrophobic mountains all around. I tell my husband (he's a engineer) that he really needs to get on top of creating a transporter system like in start trek. He always says he is working on it for me.  LOL
    --Married 4 Years - PCOS - Insulin Resistant - Irregular Cycles - TTC 24mon - Metformin - Progesterone - Phentermine - 40 pounds lost - 3 rounds Clomid - DH 1% sperm morphology - BFP June 23rd - Paxton born 2/15/2013 - August 2013 Let's Have Another Baby- Charting Cycles with OPC and Charting Temps, No Ovulation Jan- Start clomid Feb 2014  --
  • Sleep all day long far away from my family. ;)  In a hotel maybe where someone else cleans and cooks, should I feel the need to wake up to eat/make a mess.  It should be perfectly silent in this magical place too.  I also get to shower and pee alone. Maybe watch something other than Super Why on TV...

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Bora Bora--no baby or husband.  Sit on the beach all day, swim in the blue, blue water.  Get a massage on the beach. Drink lots of pi?a coladas. Reread all the Sookie Stackhouse books now that the final one is out. Eat everything I want, but somehow manage to lose weight. Sleep and sleep and sleep.
  • imagemarionravenwood:
    Bora Bora--no baby or husband.  Sit on the beach all day, swim in the blue, blue water.  Get a massage on the beach. Drink lots of pi?a coladas. Reread all the Sookie Stackhouse books now that the final one is out. Eat everything I want, but somehow manage to lose weight. Sleep and sleep and sleep.

I love the eat everything I want, and manage to lose weight. I would like to add that to my dream as well. That and magically find a bathing suit that I don't feel like a whale in. Oh and pina coladas sound great!! 

• My husband home instead of traveling, A nice long bubble bath with candles and a bottle of wine, and a nice dinner and a movie out with my husband. :)
  • It's reassuring to read that some of these don't actually involve your children, because I was feeling like a crappy mom thinking that my perfect Mother's Day would not involve my son, haha! I would love to go to the spa for a massage, come home, have DH handle DS for the afternoon, then have someone stay overnight and do all the MOTN work while DH and I go out to a nice dinner and have one or two or three extra glasses of wine and sleep in. Well, sleep at all.  None of this will happen. Anyone I would trust to be with DS overnight lives 3 or more hours away. And a spa day and a nice dinner isn't smart for us budget wise this month. So it goes! 

• I'm going to be totally opposite from everyone else and admit my perfect Mother's Day would be spent with my son. It would also include lots of roses, a Bum Genius 4.0 in Irwin, and lunch with my family. Oh and PIE! Lots and lots of pie!
    I'm a simple kinda girl and nothing makes me happier than my boy so why would I want to spend my special day without him?
  • I love that, adamsabigail14!  This momma, however, needs a break (like a pp said)!! 

I really hope you get the mother's day you want- especially the pie :D 

• imageapastinack:
    I love that,nbsp;adamsabigail14! nbsp;This momma, however, needs a break like a pp said!!nbsp;I really hope you get the mother's day you want especially the pie :Dnbsp;

Oh I'm still in the "baby moon" stage and have serious separation anxiety so I think even if I wanted a break I would be miserable, weepy, and worry the whole time! Haha
  • Have a nice, easy, relaxing morning getting ready for church. Go to church and get DD dedicated without her crying into the pastor's microphone as he prays for her. Then go out to eat at a nice restaurant with my family, and get a professional massage by myself. Come home to flowers and dinner already made. Have DD go to bed early and watch a movie with DH uninterrupted. A girl can dream...
    PCOS with long, irregular cycles
    First round of Clomid in May 2012= BFP #1, DD born January 2013 
    BFP #2 in January 2014, DS born September 2014

View Full Size Image     View Full Size Image   

• Is it horrible that I don't think I went through that stage?  I love spending time with my kid but I haven't ever had a problem with leaving him (except while I was breast feeding because I didn't have a stash). Maybe it is because I am a SAHM?
  • imageadamsabigail14:
    imageapastinack:
    I love that,nbsp;adamsabigail14! nbsp;This momma, however, needs a break like a pp said!!nbsp;I really hope you get the mother's day you want especially the pie :Dnbsp;
    Oh I'm still in the "baby moon" stage and have serious separation anxiety so I think even if I wanted a break I would be miserable, weepy, and worry the whole time! Haha

Yes, I totally felt that way my first mother's day too!  Now I spend every waking (and sleeping) moment with two kids, one in the middle of the "terrible twos"... I'd readily give them away for a few hours of sleep. ;)

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I wanna go to Renn Fest. Its every weekend in May every year. I was in it one year. I have some rennie friends... Alas, we are poor (DD would be free of course but our tickets would come to $40 plus drinks and food and all the stuff I would want to buy but wouldn't be able to...) and DH is not really into Renn Fests.

I'm going over to my aunts. My grammy will be there and hopefully my gramps (and step-grandmother) too who is a snowbird and hasn't seen my baby yet.

It should be good but my mothers day wish at this point is that there will be cake.... and that DD doesn't want to nurse the whole time. Sometimes my 5 year old twin cousins play loudly, freak her out and make her want to run to her happy place.

• Sleep in, take a long hot shower, go out to breakfast with my sister, go shopping with my BFF, date night with DH, and home in time to nurse LO and put him to bed.

Completely implausible for lots of reasons, but that's what I'd do if I could.

• Our actual plans are pretty awesome. DH is a great cook and he's making brunch. Weather permitting, a nice long walk around the neighborhood, and dinner at our favorite Indian restaurant. I'm pretty easy to please!

• imageapastinack:
    Is it horrible that I don't think I went through that stage? nbsp;I love spending time with my kid but I haven't ever had a problem with leaving him except while I was breast feeding because I didn't have a stash. Maybe it is because I am a SAHM?

Same here! My SO and I went out Sunday night for a nice dinner and drinks while my parents watched the boys. My mom asked if I would miss the babies and I said no. Love them but mama needs some alone time too!
  • I would like my husband home...he's in law enforcement and probably won't get it off....it bums me out a little not having him here on Mother's Day while it seems like everyone is out doing fun things.....I try not to get too down and really count my blessings that I have four wonderful and healthy children and try to have a fun day with them.  :) 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    "You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams." - Dr. Seuss
                         Mom to 3 wonderful boys( 6, 4, 20 months), and one little lady ( born 2/17).
  • I want the weather to be really nice and warm (but not too hot). I love to take long walks with DH, DD, and our dog. DH is working (he works for the fire dept, so unfortunately his shifts fall on both mother's and father's day this year), so I won't be able to do that. I will probably go for a walk anyway, unless it is too cold for the baby.

I would also like to go to Starbucks and read the paper while sitting outside with LO napping in the stroller. I don't think that would work out, but we are dreaming here. 

• imageSidraJedi:

I wanna go to Renn Fest. Its every weekend in May every year. I was in it one year. I have some rennie friends... Alas, we are poor (DD would be free of course but our tickets would come to $40 plus drinks and food and all the stuff I would want to buy but wouldn't be able to...) and DH is not really into Renn Fests.

I'm going over to my aunts. My grammy will be there and hopefully my gramps (and step-grandmother) too who is a snowbird and hasn't seen my baby yet.

It should be good but my mothers day wish at this point is that there will be cake.... and that DD doesn't want to nurse the whole time. Sometimes my 5 year old twin cousins play loudly, freak her out and make her want to run to her happy place.

I would so go with you to a Renn Fest. No one in my area ever wants to go to anything like that with me! (We have King Richard's Faire in the fall up here)

Pregnancy Ticker image
  • imagePnkDingo:
    imageSidraJedi:

I wanna go to Renn Fest. Its every weekend in May every year. I was in it one year. I have some rennie friends... Alas, we are poor (DD would be free of course but our tickets would come to $40 plus drinks and food and all the stuff I would want to buy but wouldn't be able to...) and DH is not really into Renn Fests.

I would so go with you to a Renn Fest. No one in my area ever wants to go to anything like that with me! (We have King Richard's Faire in the fall up here)

Yes  Now we just need to panhandle for some tickets, I guess....

• imageapastinack:
    Is it horrible that I don't think I went through that stage?  I love spending time with my kid but I haven't ever had a problem with leaving him (except while I was breast feeding because I didn't have a stash). Maybe it is because I am a SAHM?

I'm the same way! 

• A hotel with a big, comfy, clean bed where I could sleep all.night.long. Room service so I could eat hot food, in bed, as slowly as I want. A massage, haircut, nails done, and drinks. Ahh, that would be perfection ??
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    "Sometimes,' said Pooh, 'the smallest things take up the most room in your heart."
    Lucy Kate 2/9/13
    m/c 12/30/11 - our Christmas baby
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"