February 2013 Moms

Baby Wearers

Recommend your favorite carrier for a sleeping baby. I have a Mei Tai but Luke doesn't sleep well in it at all his head kinda flops around if I move too much. Please and Thanks!

Re: Baby Wearers

• I find the moby the best bc I can cover her head with the fabric at the top until she closes her eyes otherwise she gets very distracted.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • DD always sleeps when I wear her in my Ergo (still with the infant insert although I might ditch that soon. I actually try to time wearing her with when I think she's ready for a nap because otherwise she ends up sleeping too much during the day (if I wear her between naps then she falls asleep anyway) and not so great at night.

BFP1: DD1 born April 2011 at 34w1d via unplanned c/s due to HELLP, DVT 1 week PP
    BFP2: 3/18/12, blighted ovum, natural m/c @ 7w4d
    BFP3: DD2 born Feb 2013 at 38w4d via unplanned RCS due to uterine dehiscence

• Loading the player...
  • MBush4MBush4 member
    I have a solly baby wrap (similar to a Moby but thinner material so it isn't as hot) and think that it's great with LO. That way he was nestle himself into whatever position he prefers (he still likes getting into a little ball) and I can shade his face from bright lights by covering his head with the fabric.

Daisypath - (2EEx)

Lilypie - (CszI)

• Another vote for the Moby. 
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • I was hoping for suggestions other than the Moby haha. I was very challenged by it and returned it.
  • yeladimyeladim member
    DS sleeps very well in the Baby Ktan but doesn't do so well in it when he's awake. I think it's too confining for him when he's awake. I also have the Beco Gemini which is good awake or asleep and has extra head support if you need it.
    Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
    Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • I have a boba wrap (which is exactly like the moby, just lighter material) and my LO loves sleeping in it. I can cover her head to give support too.

I was challenged using it too, until I watched a ton of YouTube videos of people showing how to put it on. Now I cant live without it :)

Me 33, DH 33, Charlotte 5, Ethan 3
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imageadamsabigail14:
    I was hoping for suggestions other than the Moby haha. I was very challenged by it and returned it.

You could get the K'Tan. It's basically the moby without the wrapping.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our Sweet Boy "LJ"
  • I guess I can give wraps another chance. A thinner Moby type carrier sounds like it could be the answer considering I live in Arizona...it gets a bit warm here.
    The Ergo is already on my list of Must Haves I just wanted to wait until he can be in it without the infant insert. Which I think he's there he's such a rolly polly!
  • imageTeacher Clark:
    I have a beco Gemini and love it. It is a soft structured carrier so it is easy to get on and off, no crazy wraps to learn. I can nurse DD in it and she always falls asleep.

Ooh! Tell me more about this Beco Gemini. You can nurse in it??
  • ADAMSABIGAIL14...I dont know where in AZ you are, but Hissyfits is my favorite consignment store! They willl let you make a wish list and call you when those items come in, they just called me today infact and I scored a Bjorn for $35

They post stuff all day long, you can pay for stuff over the phone and then pick up when ever. https://www.facebook.com/hissyfits?ref=ts&fref=ts at least that way you are not paying full price

• imageMommaKiki:
    ADAMSABIGAIL14...I dont know where in AZ you are, but Hissyfits is my favorite consignment store! They willl let you make a wish list and call you when those items come in, they just called me today infact and I scored a Bjorn for 35They post stuff all day long, you can pay for stuff over the phone and then pick up when ever.nbsp;https://www.facebook.com/hissyfits?ref=tsamp;fref=tsnbsp;at least that way you are not paying full pricenbsp;nbsp;nbsp;

Yea Ive heard of them! They are out in Scottsdale I believe? I'll have to check them out, thanks!

• They have a scottsdale and a PHX location. The PHX is 7th st and glendale.  

• I too vote the Moby or some other woven fabric wrap. I feel like the fabric not only covers his head, but it gives a bit of support to his head.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • MBush4MBush4 member

imageadamsabigail14:
    imageTeacher Clark:
    I have a beco Gemini and love it. It is a soft structured carrier so it is easy to get on and off, no crazy wraps to learn. I can nurse DD in it and she always falls asleep.
    Ooh! Tell me more about this Beco Gemini. You can nurse in it??

I also have a Gemini and love it. My SIL recommended it to me and she'd nurse while walking down the streets of NYC. hahaha We love it in our house. It's easy for me to share with DH who is a good 14" taller than me or even our family who want to wear him.

Daisypath - (2EEx)

Lilypie - (CszI)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"