March 2013 Moms

Babbling/cooing

Does anyone have babies that are starting to coo or babble a bit? I have a silent baby unless she is crying or pouting. Sometimes she will say "eh" when she is smiling otherwise she is quiet. I'm not worried but she is 10 weeks Friday and just wanted to see what other babies are doing!
BabyFetus Ticker

Re: Babbling/cooing

• my baby makes all kinds of sounds. The other day she like screeched at one of her toys-she wasn't crying, was just cooing and looking at something and then this loud screech came out of her, and then she was back to cooing.  She makes some babbling, mostly just gurgling/cooing, with some random "ah!" that sound like yelling, but their not. I'm a big talker though, so.....

and of course, fusses and cries... 

BabyFetus Ticker Little Riley-our first little girl coming March 1st, 2013 (or sometime around there;)
  • My DD talks quite a bit. She especially loves to interact with her sheep friends that hang above her in her swing.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • smfdjosmfdjo member
    My LO is 9 weeks and coos at times but not often. I talk to him all the time to get him to chat more but nada.

I even let him know I prefer him to coo over cry but he didn't care. ;
  • imagejennylyna:
    My DD talks quite a bit. She especially loves to interact with her sheep friends that hang above her in her swing.

This is what my LO does with her monkeys on her swing! And she has also started to "yell" when she wants something...she gets an angry look and talks with purpose lol.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

BabyFruit Ticker

• My 7 week old DS is talking, but my 2nd daughter took longer. She always took longer than I thought necessary, but then she'd suddenly leap forward.

For example, she took her first step at 9 months, surprisingly both herself and me, but then nothing. For a month and a half, almost two months, I was trying to coax her to try again. Then, out of nowhere, she picked herself up and started to walk. She was walking across the room by the end of the day (literally). Similar situation with her and talking. She listened intently, used a few basic words when necessary, but didn't really talk. Just as I started to grow concerned, she started talking like crazy and was using 2-word sentences within a week of me noticing the sudden vocabulary spurt (again, not exaggerating).

DH and I often joked that she was a little perfectionist and wouldn't even try until she knew she could do it competently. 

So, maybe your LO is like my 2nd. Listening, learning, and waiting to master it before they show off a new skill. ;-) 

DD- 11/17/08, DD- 11/16/09, DS- 3/20/13 
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
     Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickersLilypie Kids Birthday tickers
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Yeah I'm just so excited for her to start talking and babbling. I'm a speech therapist so I'm just getting excited and want to hear her haha.
    She is just so busy wiggling and so great with her motor skills we haven't discovered the talking yet
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • DS is 8wks and he coos when he is happy. He is trying very hard to communicate, but he only does it when he's perfectly content, so maybe 3 times a day? I know it's hard to wait for all those exciting milestones. 
  • Over the last couple days, shes let out a few coo sounds here and there but not often.  Shes only 6 wks though
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • DD isn't doing much of either, at the moment.  She makes a few sounds, but stays relatively quiet.  She also has this squeal that she makes by inhaling air, like the first half of a hiccup.  No idea whether that's a happy noise or not, yet!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My DS is 5 weeks and has recently starting cooing.  When I talk or sing to him he starts smiling like crazy and coo's back at me.  I love it!!
    BabyFruit Ticker  Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • When he is in the right mood, my 7 week little guy does coo and make cute noises, as well as some interesting yells and little screeches. I am still waiting on that big goofy social smile though. We get little brief smiles when he is having fun, but no big ones yet. I am getting antsy for it!
  • er32585er32585 member
    we are getting all sorts of baby talk from him. i am pretty sure he chewed us out for taking too long with his bottle the other night.
    BabyFetus Ticker BabyFruit Ticker
  • Mine does sometimes...

DS1 -6/25/11

DS2 -3/23/13

Missed MC D&C 8/26/14

DD - 8/26/15

LO#4 due 5/30/17

• imagegenepoolperfect:

My LO is 8 weeks and has been "conversing" with us for a couple weeks now. I talk all the time to him, and when he starts cooing I strike up a conversation like he's actually responding to me. Now we actually have a back and forth where he'll wait for me to respond before continuing his babble.

OMG cute pic!!!

My LO has been a bit noisy since week 2-3, and has been quite the talker for a little over a month now. I love it.  

Pregnancy Ticker
  • My LO, who is six weeks, has been cooing since he was three weeks old but it has really increased the last two weeks. He mostly coos and babbles to people who are interacting with him and, like genepoolperfect's LO, he will "converse" with some of us. He responds best with DH. While I'm able to draw out the social smiles really well, DH and LO will talk back and forth. I love watching them interact! I also love hearing LO babble away to himself at times. I love it all, really!
    Happily married to my Snorkelbutt - 07/31/10

BFP #1 09/02/11  M/C 09/12/11 8w6days
    BFP #2 07/18/12 Baby S born on his EDD 03/23/13

SS - age 12...SD - age 8...DS - 13 mos.
  • tilsonctilsonc member
    LO just turned 2 months and she smiles and coos a lot. She started a couple weeks ago, but is now a lot louder and vocal...mostly when we are smiling and talking to her. It melts my heart!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"