April 2013 Moms

just pumping question

for the moms that are just pumping.. how long are u pumping each side and how much are u getting??

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: just pumping question

• I am pumping every 3 hours for 20-30 mins and am getting anywhere from 4-6oz per breast.
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • imageMichmax11:
    I broke the rules about "pump every 2 to 3 hours until 12 weeks" and I'm only pumping 4 times a day, for 30 minutes each. nbsp;I decided it was worth the risk to me because only pumping 4 times a day has made my attitude much better, and I didn't have any early supply issues. nbsp;My first pump of the day I usually get about 10 to 12 ounces total 5 to 6 per side, then the other 3 pumps I get about 8 or 9 ounces total. nbsp;I'm getting around 36 to 40 ounces a day total, and DD is taking about 24 to 26 ounces a day. nbsp;

This but my milk supply decreased to hardly even getting 3oz on each breast so now I'm just BFing and pumping once a day.
  • Loading the player...
  • zzbbzzbb member
    I usually pump 5 times a day. Sometimes if I'm around the house I'll get a 6th one in. I usually have 45 to 55 ounces a day. I usually go about 8 to 9 hours at night without pumping but will nurse some during the night. In the morning I'll pump between 15 to 18 and during the day I'll pump 9 to 11 each time for 1520 mimutes
    Eta: lo is 4 weeks old
  • 15 min each side, 7 to 8 times per day for 45 to 55 oz/day. LO is 3 weeks.
  • I pump for 20 - 25 mins and get anywhere from 1 1/2 oz to 5 oz per breast. I try to pump every 2 hours, but sometimes it ends up being 3-4. I get up with the baby at night and pump when he eats. 

LO is 5 weeks old. 

• AllyP10AllyP10 member
    The first few weeks I was pumping every 2 hours and I was ready to throw my pump in the trash, it was really annoying. Especially during the nights. Once I got LO to sleep, all I wanted to do was hit the pillow but I had to pump for at least 20 minutes. Now I'm pumping about 5 times a day, twice in the morning, once in the afternoon and once in the evening...sometimes twice. I built up a pretty decent stash in the freezer, so I backed off with the pumping. So far, it's been going pretty well and I've yet to turn to formula. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"