October 2012 Moms

I woke up this morning...

I have had this discussion with DH that he needed to give me a hand with the baby. Yesterday I was FED up with him not helping, while he got to sleep in.  I always had to get him dressed, fed, make bottles.  Doing everything has worn me down.  I have been getting up at nights then in the am to get him ready. Plus take the dog out.  This morning I woke up, he had gotten the baby fed, gotten the baby bag ready, gotten the baby dressed (and he matched), fixed our lunches.  WHAT A RELIEF...Maybe it finally sunk in!!! :-)
Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: I woke up this morning...

• Wow good for him! Maybe you guys could switch off every other day to do the morning routine if that might help with an understanding.
  • imageChrisG83:
    Wow good for him! Maybe you guys could switch off every other day to do the morning routine if that might help with an understanding.

That is going to be the discussion tonight.  He told he was pooped this morning and apologized for not doing as much to help! Love him!! 

• Loading the player...
  • Great!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That's great!

The matching part is great to hear as well.  Whenever he drops R off at daycare - I always tell my mom "dont let the other kids make fun of his outfit".

Stripes and camo don't match.  Four different shades of blue don't match.  A brown shirt and gray pants don't match.

They have some learning!   

ME: 31 PCOS - DH: 32 Perfect. 
    TTC #1 started 8.2010. 
    BFP #1 3.2.11Blighted ovum, missed m/c, 4.3.11-6.22.11 Provera

BFP #2 Aug 2011 Clomid 50mg+Met missed m/c found 9w5d | cytotec 10.26.11 
    BFP #3 - CD36 - Jan. 2012 - 100mg Clomid + 2000met-  Baby Boy born 10.06.12 with 1 in a billion CHD. Perfect otherwise. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic 
    Open Heart Surgery @ 5 months old.Happy, healthy, and as normal as could be!  We thank God every day.EP/BF for 12.5 months

TTC#2 - November 2012

BFP #4:  O'd on CD25 (Aug. 2014).  DD May 6, 2015. RCS planned.
    Beta@14dpo: 184, 17dpo: 520.  44 hr. doubling time.  p4: 54U/S 8 weeks 1 day, 161 bpm
  • imageChrisG83:
    Wow good for him! Maybe you guys could switch off every other day to do the morning routine if that might help with an understanding.

This is what my husband and I do and it works great for us! 

• Glad you're coming to an understanding.  Sometimes it's hard to communicate what we need/expect with the reality we're living.  I know DH and I have had a similar change of roles/partnering, which has really given some stress-relief to my mornings in particular, because I'm in charge of getting the kids out the door mostly by myself.  So glad you had some relief!

FWIW regarding matching outfits - I sometimes mismatch my kids on purpose.  Perhaps this is better fit for a "Confession," but I really don't want them to value looks, or worry about what other kids think -- especially as infants/toddlers/pre-Ks.  They have more important things to do, like make messes, taste-test everything, run, climb, imagine, etc.  Who the hell cares what they look like? 

• CP0979CP0979 member
    Can your dh give my dh the memo?? Same issue here right down to the dog!
  • imageCP0979:

I am sure he got tired of my giving him atttiude. :-) 

• imageCP0979:

I am sure he got tired of my giving him attitude. :-) 

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"