Toddlers: 24 Months+

Best convertible car seat that will last a while?

We are looking to get a new convertible car seat.  We have a Britax Marathon Classic now and we really like it (this is the one we are going to upgrade).  My DH has a Marathon 70 in his truck and we like that too.

ANy recommendations? Or should we stick with the Britax and get another Marathon 70? Thank you!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Re: Best convertible car seat that will last a while?

• I really like my chicco keyfit. Really easy to install and use.
  • We have a britax marathon 70 in one car and a britax blvd 70 cs in the other car.  Both will probably expire before my son outgrows them.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Loading the player...
  • We have this one (Evenflo Symphony DLX) for DS1 and just bought a second one for DS2.  I love it.  Sliding adjustment on the straps, easy to wash cover, high weight limits.  Our 2.5 yr old is still rear-facing with plenty more grow room before he will need turned.  Super easy installation too. And the buckles are easy to use and easy to loosen/tighten the straps.

https://tinyurl.com/cfb9d4v

Lilypie Fourth Birthday tickersLilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • We are very happy with our Diono Radian RXT. My 3 year old DS is still rear facing and probably will be able to for at least another year. We did a ton of research and feel it's very safe. My DS seems very comfortable in it. It fits him well yet still has plenty of room to grow since it has some of the highest height and weight limits on the market as well as a long time before expiration.
    Loving Life being Brett's Mama! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagebrettsmama:
    We are very happy with our Diono Radian RXT. My 3 year old DS is still rear facing and probably will be able to for at least another year. We did a ton of research and feel it's very safe. My DS seems very comfortable in it. It fits him well yet still has plenty of room to grow since it has some of the highest height and weight limits on the market as well as a long time before expiration.

We also like our Dionos.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • We have 2 Evenflo Symphony DLX and they are great!

imagepitterpatter129:

We have this one (Evenflo Symphony DLX) for DS1 and just bought a second one for DS2.  I love it.  Sliding adjustment on the straps, easy to wash cover, high weight limits.  Our 2.5 yr old is still rear-facing with plenty more grow room before he will need turned.  Super easy installation too. And the buckles are easy to use and easy to loosen/tighten the straps.

https://tinyurl.com/cfb9d4v

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers imageimage
  • alakealake member

Diono RXT.

It will last forever.  It has a way higher harness height then any Britax seat.  My five and a half year old just went forward facing in one.  She still had room to grow.  With five in my van, I couldn't do four rear facing.  It just wouldn't work.  We now have purchased a second one for my nephew who is 2.

• Another vote for the Diono. It is crazy heavy, but that is the only downside I have found so far.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • We have the Diono Radian and Graco MySize. Both should allow DD2 to rear face to at least 3.5 years. DD1 outgrew the Radian by height around 5.5 years but still fits in the MySize at almost 7 years.
    Annalise Marie 05.29.06
    Charlotte Ella 07.16.10
    Emmeline Grace 03.27.13
  • imageAngela814:
    We have the Diono Radian and Graco MySize. Both should allow DD2 to rear face to at least 3.5 years. DD1 outgrew the Radian by height around 5.5 years but still fits in the MySize at almost 7 years.

Just FYI, I looked up the height limit for forward facing on both these car seats. The Diono is 57 inches but the Graco's limit is only 50 inches. Therefore the height limit would be reached first on the MySize.
    Loving Life being Brett's Mama! Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"