August 2011 Moms

Update/Sleep Help (PIP!!)

Nate has been being such a good baby and really Scott has been pretty doing good with the transition. He did fuss this afternoon until I picked him up while I was simultaneously nursing Nate. Felt like a crazy super mom, juggling both kids. LOL. We have a problem, though, with Scott's sleeping. 

Scott was sleep trained with the sleep lady back in January and it's been working great. The last couple of days with all the hecticness, Scott has had a regression. He now will only put himself to sleep by himself when someone sits with him until he falls asleep and that can take 30-60 minutes. I resorted to a little CIO (5 minute intervals....for about 45 minutes) and he managed to jump out of his crib for the first time! Talk about terrible timing! WWYD? We're functioning right now because my MIL is home when DH is finishing up his final exams. I need to have something figured out by May 18 when she leaves. I'll have the kids alone two nights a week so DH can teach summer school.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Update/Sleep Help (PIP!!)

• 1 Your boys are adorable.
    2 I have no idea how to help. Maybe if you could figure put a way to lower Scott's mattress even more so that the railing on his crib was too tall for him to climb over? Good luck and let us know how it goes.
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickersimage
    imageAlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
    Farewell, nesticle, you will be missed
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
  • We don't do CIO, so I have no advice along those lines, but I can share what we do.  I have done a few nights alone while DH is out of town and while it hasn't been a wlk in the park, we make it work.  FWIW, Max is in a toddler bed so I can't just leave him anyway.

His sleep gets all wonky whenever hubs leaves, which is always fun.  I usually just sit with him if that's what he needs and I either sit and rock or nurse Gray.   Max has gotten so used to Gray being in the room that it doesn't even phase him.  I don't know how to get past this phase, especially since we are in the middle of teething hell so I just get through it the best I can.

Good luck!!!

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker IMG_20130228_133645
  • Loading the player...
  • Cute pics. Sorry no advice but I do hope you get it resolved.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie Fifth Birthday tickers Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Maternity tickers
  • My only, possibly unhelpful advice is to try to make as much one on one time with Scott as you can. Which is, erm, kind of...not practical. But the regression is, as I'm sure you realize, directly related to the arrival of Nate. Super common, and the best thing I can think of is ti try to foster some of the former "normal" that Scott has gotten used to, at least until he's used to baby bro and settles back into his groove. Sorry it's not more helpful! Good luck!

// I love you too. //

• Oh my gosh so cute!!! What was the question again? I'm distracted.
  • MJL113MJL113 member
    DS had a huge sleep regression right before he jumped out of the crib. I was 7 months pregnant at the time and we suspect that was related to the trigger. We had to go to a toddler bed because I was afraid he'd get hurt. We made a huge fuss about his big boy bed and CIO for 3 nights before he settled in. When he did, he slept longer then he ever has. Now we put him to bed and a few nights a week he'll whine at the door occasionally yell for 5 min and then goes to sleep.
    I did need to "lock" him in his room bc he can open doors and sometimes he sleeps on the floor in a pile of stuffed animals, but he sleeps!
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Those boys are so sweet who cares if they don't sleep. . . well maybe you do.  No Advice, but if you do CIO remember you have to stick with it.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie Pregnancy tickers
  • 1. congrats on the baby, I wasn't online all weekend!

2.  I can only commiserate.  We are going to be in the same boat in about a month, and I'm scared.  On nights when DH is at class, I'm seeing myself sitting with M while she falls asleep, and simultaneously nursing the baby, hoping the two of them don't keep each other away. 

I'm sorry, no great advice from me :(  I'm trying to slowly work on not sitting with her while she falls asleep, but it's not going well at all.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker  AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
  • Such sweet boys, Lob!!

I don't have very good advice other than do what you need to do to get through right now. With a new baby it is all about being in survival mode. Do what works, try not to create extra stress for yourself. You will have a routine again someday. A new baby is a huge change for everyone.

I also found that DD wasn't burning enough energy when DS was born, because well... I was nursing around the clock and we were stuck inside. Her sleep has improved tremendously by burning off more energy. Maybe set up a chair outside to sit and nurse your DS2 while DS1 runs around or nurse the baby in a baby carrier while watching DS1 on a play structure or put DS1 in the bathtub to slash around till his lips are blue.

Good luck, congrats again!! :)

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • eesomeeesome member

imageNativeFloridian:
    My only, possibly unhelpful advice is to try to make as much one on one time with Scott as you can. Which is, erm, kind of...not practical. But the regression is, as I'm sure you realize, directly related to the arrival of Nate. !

I was just about to say this. Try your best to make Scott feel as comfortable as possible. Maybe have Scott take a few naps with just you, and let him once again feel the bond of his mommy, and then slowly get him back to his old routine. Good luck, girl!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Lilypie Kids Birthday tickersLilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • imageNativeFloridian:
    My only, possibly unhelpful advice is to try to make as much one on one time with Scott as you can. Which is, erm, kind of...not practical. But the regression is, as I'm sure you realize, directly related to the arrival of Nate. Super common, and the best thing I can think of is ti try to foster some of the former "normal" that Scott has gotten used to, at least until he's used to baby bro and settles back into his groove. Sorry it's not more helpful! Good luck!

This is what I would suggest as well!

The boys are so cute together! 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Pregnancy Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"