February 2013 Moms

sleeping on tummy...

My LO has been sleeping on his tummy since he was 3 weeks. He is now 10 weeks old. I am still nervous about it, but he cannot sleep any other way because of this crazy arms. We tried everything before turning him on his tummy. I am just wondering who else lets their LO's sleep this way. 

Re: sleeping on tummy...

• My son sleeps on his tummy now. I used to just put him that way for naps but now he falls asleep faster and sleeps better overnight if he goes to sleep on his stomach. I'm not very worried.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • mine stomach sleeps sometimes. he wears a snuza movement monitor so we would be alerted if his airway was obstructed and he stopped breathing, but it hasn't happened yet thankfully!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Pregnancy Ticker
  • Loading the player...
  • We have a side sleeper in my house. If we put him on his side, he is able to put himself to sleep at night.
  • nlp1990nlp1990 member
    Yup! He sleeps so much better on his belly!
  • Tummy sleeper here too. So far only for naps but I'm thinking I doing overnight too. It makes me nervous too. It's like a secret that no one talks about. Like we need a support group or something. I wonder how many people's babies sleep on their tummies secretly?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Our Sweet Boy "LJ"
  • imagekbates85:
    Tummy sleeper here too. So far only for naps but I'm thinking I doing overnight too. It makes me nervous too. It's like a secret that no one talks about. Like we need a support group or something. I wonder how many people's babies sleep on their tummies secretly?

Side or tummy for us, too. It seems the bed sharers are "coming out" lately, so maybe baby tummy sleepers should be next ;)

Pregnancy Ticker
  • yup... my guy slept on my chest for the first month and since 4 weeks on has been on his belly in our bed (our mattress is firmer than his crib mattress and its easier to feed him if hes right next to me too). Every once in a while he will sleep on his back but its super rare. his pedi knows and is ok with it as long as its done safely.

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • imagekbates85:
    Tummy sleeper here too. So far only for naps but I'm thinking I doing overnight too. It makes me nervous too. It's like a secret that no one talks about. Like we need a support group or something. I wonder how many people's babies sleep on their tummies secretly?

Tummy Sleepers Anonymous! lol 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • All of my kids except for #1 have been tummy sleepers.  It's the only way they would sleep.

• I'm too nervous, but I co-sleep with DS, often on his side. Usually I put my arm right next to him so he can't roll onto his stomach and try to eat the bed beneath him.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards
"
"